• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bye Week Plans

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score
I was curious to see if you planned to watch any football this weekend?

I just read an article about how Papa John's sales are down and it's been attributed to decline in NFL ratings. For me I probably won't watch any
football, but spend time with my wife and family.

This is kind of unscientific poll. The article I read said the ratings decline is also impacting other businesses and not just NFL, owners, and players.

Plus, heard the ratings for the Sunday night game (Cowboys vs Eagles) were well below the World Series, which hasn't happened in a long time.

This decline can't be ignored or blown off due to interest in election. I honestly feel Goodell is going to destroy the game.

Well as we're a two team house and the Packers are playing this week then yes, I'll be watching Football come Sunday :D

I've attended one game and watched only 1 full game. Just another Sunday with the kids for me. NFL means less and less with each passing Sunday. I will probably pick up interest as the season moves toward the playoffs...depending on our chances at making it.

Pretty much the same for me E except I haven't been to a game. I'll be coaching Indoor soccer on weekends all winter including this one, and doing things this weekend I've put off for months due to outdoor soccer training. Gotta say I don't feel like I've missed much.

I'm hanging with Trent...

giantjoint.jpg

Seriously, Saturday I'll be watching Man City play Middlesbrough. Sunday I'll be attending a surprise birthday party for my cousins' husband. He beat cancer this year. Damn good reason to celebrate. He's a great dude.

Last edited:
Wait, this is a "Bye curious " thread ?

May be heading to a Midevil Fair. Men in chain mail with swords is about as bye curious as I get.....

I'll be watching football without stressing out. Although I'll be rooting hard for Cleveland.

Didnt even occur to me to watch any football this weekend. Taking a weekend trip with the wife and kids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

May pretty much do the same as always.

DVR the Skins game (when they play), have several radios going at different 'honey do' locations to follow the games live, occasionally sneaking in to check the chat and take a few moments now and again to see some live on the tube.

Surprisingly effective on game day to not only get the 'angst and satisfaction' of the game but also get something done (and being able to throw stuff once in a while with minimal damage to electronic gear)

Sometime later I'll sit down and take a look at the full game in about half the time it takes for 'real time'.

Skins games late in the day will get more attention unless the weather sucks then it's all-in for the day.

For the bye I'll probably just listen and check out highlights late in the day.

I'll be checking out the craft brew scene in Asheville this weekend. Not thinking about the NFL very much at all.

I'll be watching some college football and continue to build a database of draft prospects. Sunday will be spent at church and watching a race.

Done raking. Lots of leaves from three large maple trees that surround my yard, plus one oak. Some neighbor kids are making an enormous leaf pile and took all the neighbor's leaves and are currently working on mine. They'll have a huge pile to jump in. They'll need a trampoline.

Raking leaves and doing yard work too. Also getting my new puppy acclimated to the home and my other dog.

Drive to NC, meet up with Boone/awesome friends FRI night, drink entire bottle of top-shelf bourbon, arise early Sat, fly-fish most of the day, drive to Ashville for SAT nite festivities (oyster bar/brewery, Himalayan restaurant, random live music bar), arise early SUN morning for drive back to Boone's neighborhood, play 18 holes, go out for awesome Hops brew/burger, collapse on Boone's couch to watch Oakland v Denver, fall asleep by halftime, arise early MON for drive back to NOVA.

Loved me some bye week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.