• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Trent Williams suspended 4 Games

Brilliant...

I'd roll with Nyseke the next couple of seasons and explore trade options for Williams this offseason.

Enough is enough.

Looks like he missed a test still unacceptable

I was watching one of the videos on the Redskins site, and LOL'd when Shawn Springs said that now that Williams is suspended, the 'Skins would have to be excellent in the red zone! FMD, they haven't even been good in the RZ with Williams so how are they going to be excellent without him?

You just shake your head. Not only at the colossal stupidity of the player, but at the timing for the franchise. We're seemingly right on the cusp of taking a generation-long cluster**** of an organization and becoming respectable again, slowly but steadily building a team that could contend for several years ... and your "Captain" and arguably best player, at an absolute position of need, just can't see his way clear to stop blazing up long enough to pass the drug test he KNOWS is coming between certain dates. At least FOUR times. After having been busted for this SAME thing before.

Obviously they can't cut him due to his contract--if anyone has seen it, what would the cap hit be in 2017?--but unless we find out there are all kinds of mitigating circumstances we haven't heard about, they can sure as hell sit him on the bench even after he gets back and even if we're still in contention for a playoff spot. What seems pretty clear at this point is the man is not disciplined/smart enough, or in control of his dependency enough, to merit the team's trust, financially or otherwise, going forward.

Just a week ago I was thinking about the incredibly fortunate legacy of anchor LT's we've had ... Jacoby, Lachey, Samuels ... Williams.

Shit.

Eh, next man up. And if there's any way the team can get back some signing bonus, or not have to honor the contract because of "detriment to the team/league" type shit, I'd cut him, yesterday.

He's not getting cut. Sorry, he's one of those players that's so good that his team will forgive just about anything. If he misses a full season for this crap he'll get cut.

Good thing we didn't trade away our depth, though. Tough, tough four games coming up. This is that stretch that a typical Redskin team loses all four, or maybe just three, and finishes with 6 or so wins. If this team is making strides we win a couple of them. Even without Williams.

We'll see.

Oh, I know they won't cut him. But I would.

Of course, I and a few others recommended cutting him last time. Along with Sleepy.

The guy is stupid. Drop down and play in your own shit stupid.

Seems Trent voided a good chunk of $ by not testing

'''Trent Williams
Suspended 4 games for violating the league's substance abuse policy, forfeiting $2,517,647 in 2016 salary/bonus and voids the $11.25M guarantee for 2017 with Washington (WAS)'''

Washington Redskins 2017 Salary Cap Table | Spotrac

Math and I aren't on speaking terms but holy shit it looks like Scott can make it rain this offseason!

It may not be guaranteed but he is still getting that money. He is probably the best LT in the league, which forgives a lot of stupid.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

If it was weed he was busted for, I'd be taking the $11.25mill, get tested, return a positive, sit out a suspension, and think how I'd spend $11.25mill (or my missus would!).

All up, that's almost $13mill he leaves on the table. That's one expensive drug test refusal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.