• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Shanahan still might have his eyes on Texans

BGO

As the football-watching world continues to wait for Mike Shanahan to be announced as the next head coach of the Redskins, some think that Shanahan is still waiting for a team from Texas to join the bidding.Per a league source,...

More...

Citing the fact that Shanahan's son is the current Offensive Coordinator of the Texans as evidence that would make the head coaching gig attractive to Shanahan is a pretty silly assertion. If Shanahan wanted his son to be the next coordinator for the Redskins, it's highly likely that would become a reality.

Bottom line - the Skins deal is either a done deal, or it's not. Based on the lack of rumors on our end related to any other coaching candidate, I have to believe Shanahan to the Skins is a done deal, and the article is merely Florio hedging his bets prediction-wise :)

The question is simple:

Who do you believe, Adam Schefter (who has Shanahan as one of his inside sources) or Mike Florio (who as of late seems to have an agenda against the Skins and has called Shanahan "Coach Kevlar" in the past)?

There is no other compelling NFL news right now.

The playoff spots of the main contenders has been largely decided and no one thinks the Jets or Ravens as late entries are compelling stories as potential cinderellas.

The Redskins coaching situation is likely to be the big news on Monday and Tuesday of next week when it is expected that Zorn is going to get the axe.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Be willing to bet this rumor was started to deflect the scrutiny of Shanahan coming to Skins. Recently a lot of talk about if Gray did or did not interview for head coaching job.

Saying this will keep people from seeing when deal was done and when our minority candidate interviewed. All a game with media and the league.

I just wish Monday would hurry up and get here so we don't have to hear all these damn rumors. I'm over the rumor mill on Shanahan. Just get it done before the plane lands at Dulles.

I just wish Monday would hurry up and get here so we don't have to hear all these damn rumors. I'm over the rumor mill on Shanahan. Just get it done before the plane lands at Dulles.

i think you have said it best for all of us.

just get it over with so we can move on..

I've said all along, Houston is a much more attractive job. That team is a good coach and maybe one or two pieces away from dominating.

I've said all along, Houston is a much more attractive job. That team is a good coach and maybe one or two pieces away from dominating.

Oh yeah, because the Colts show such obvious signs of decline. /sarcasm

Sorry Lanky but as long as Manning is quarterbacking and Polian is managing in Indy, the other teams in that division are playing for second place. And since Manning shows no signs of slowing down, I can't see them having any serious issues for another 5 or 6 years (baring some serious injury of course).

With Mario Williams and Amobi Okoye, the Texans have the recipe for beating the Colts - sacking Manning. Also, with Schaub, Williams, Daniels, Walter and Slaton, the Texans have the firepower to keep up with everyone, even Manning and the Colts.

The balance of power in divisions is always shifting...at the very least a good coach would make it an actual race every year.

With Mario Williams and Amobi Okoye, the Texans have the recipe for beating the Colts - sacking Manning. Also, with Schaub, Williams, Daniels, Walter and Slaton, the Texans have the firepower to keep up with everyone, even Manning and the Colts.

The balance of power in divisions is always shifting...at the very least a good coach would make it an actual race every year.

Meh,
No offense Lanky, but this has been said about the Texans for years now.You could be right, the Texans could be the next Cardinals especially if Manning ever gets hurt or starts to play like he's lost it.

But I don't see that anytime soon despite Houston having some real talents like Williams and Johnson.

You're right, this has been said about the Texans for a few years now, however I happen to think its more true than not.

Texans O can hang with anyone when clicking, that's a fact - they are just inconsistent. Inconsistencies to me indicate coaching.

The Texans D is loaded with playmakers - Ryans, Williams, Robinson...I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see them trade up for Mays or Berry, and that defense would get nasty quickly.

None of the swooning over the 'potential' of the Texans has anything to do with what Shanahan will or won't do. Shanahan is going to go to the team where a) he can get a bigtime payday, b) he's in a major market, and c) can wield a significant power role. Add all that up and he's headed for Ashburn - and soon.

I will say that I wish it had been the Redskins who'd pulled the trigger on Schaub. Then again, he'd have gotten pummelled here too, so it probably wouldn't have mattered. A shame for that guy that he didn't go to a more solid team - he's a top 10 QB in this league with some protection...

A shame for that guy that he didn't go to a more solid team - he's a top 10 QB in this league with some protection...

Umm, don't look now, but going into this weekend's games, Schaub has the most passing yards in the NFL at 4467 (2nd best passing offense in the NFL behind Indy) and is tied for 6th in passing TDs. He is already a top 10 QB. Although you could argue he already gets protection, he's only been sacked 24 times, good for 5th in the NFL...although I'm not sure how much he gets hit compared to other QBs.

Umm, don't look now, but going into this weekend's games, Schaub has the most passing yards in the NFL at 4467 (2nd best passing offense in the NFL behind Indy) and is tied for 6th in passing TDs. He is already a top 10 QB. Although you could argue he already gets protection, he's only been sacked 24 times, good for 5th in the NFL...although I'm not sure how much he gets hit compared to other QBs.

Radical improvement over what David Carr was getting with the Texans.
If Schaub was here (I like him as well) he would be on IR right now. Schaub is talented but has been injured a few times. With Levi Jones and Stephon Heyer blocking for him.......he'd be on IR pretty early.

Campbell is literally a "man of Steel" to take the pummeling he's gotten and to get back up each and every time.

Radical improvement over what David Carr was getting with the Texans.
If Schaub was here (I like him as well) he would be on IR right now. Schaub is talented but has been injured a few times. With Levi Jones and Stephon Heyer blocking for him.......he'd be on IR pretty early.

Campbell is literally a "man of Steel" to take the pummeling he's gotten and to get back up each and every time.

LOL, didn't Carr get sacked almost 70 times one season? It was something ridiculous like 68 or 69 sacks. Rodgers has been sacked a ton this season, and is only at 50, haha.

LOL, didn't Carr get sacked almost 70 times one season? It was something ridiculous like 68 or 69 sacks. Rodgers has been sacked a ton this season, and is only at 50, haha.

It kills QBs. I still think Carr could have been a pretty good QB if he hadn't been beaten up so badly.

Jeeze and Campbell has been sacked in the upper 40's this season.......how did Carr make it through the season?

Casserly was just on CBS and said the two Shanny's and Zimmer will be here

Schaub finished with 4770 yards, the 6th most in NFL history. I think its safe to say he's an elite QB.

Schaub finished with 4770 yards, the 6th most in NFL history. I think its safe to say he's an elite QB.

Not at all.

He's not taken his team anywhere. He's playing on a team that more often than not has played from behind, and abandoned the run out of necessity. Don't get me wrong, I'm a UVa grad, and I love the guy. But 'elite' he's not. Not yet anyway. He's a talented QB who's coming off a career season, but still not fully proven himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.