• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 10/26/16: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
October 27, 2016

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On the injury report:
“Did not participate – Matt Jones, knee. Limited were [Terence] Garvin, hip; [Bashaud] Breeland, ankle; [Jamison] Crowder, groin; [Vernon] Davis, groin; [DeSean] Jackson, hamstring/shoulder; [Spencer] Long, chest; [Josh] Norman, concussion; [Jordan] Reed, concussion; [Brandon] Scherff, shoulder; [Trent] Williams, knee.”

On CB Josh Norman and TE Jordan Reed:
“They’ve been cleared to go on the trip, so they’re good to go as far as going on the trip. But we still have to monitor them and their behavior. We’ll have them practice tomorrow in London and then we’ll have to gauge and see if they’re able enough to go.”

On if the independent doctor travels with the team:
“No, they’re through with all of that for the week. Now it’s up to them. They’ve been cleared to practice and start regular activity. We just have to monitor them on a daily basis – see how they do after practice, how they do in the morning, see how they are during meetings. We’ll keep a close eye on them.”

On who will make the final call on their availability:
“Our guys will make the final call and obviously the player.”

On if they are out of the concussion protocol:
“No, we’re still monitoring very closely now. They’re going through practice and we’re watching them – we’re seeing how they do. At night we’ll see how they do in meetings, we’ll see how they do in practice tomorrow. We’re just increasing their activity and see how they take it.”

On his gut feeling if Norman and/or Reed will play:
“My gut? My gut says I’m hungry right now [laughter]. I’m not going to guess on those two guys. I try to say it a lot, but there is no way of knowing. Tomorrow could be totally different. They could feel totally different than they do today. We just don’t know, but signs are looking better.”

On T Trent Williams:
“Trent did a limited practice today, had a little soreness. But we still have a couple more days so hopefully he’ll work through it.”

On how Williams has been able to play through injuries throughout his career:
“I don’t know. He’s a very flexible guy and he’s a very good athlete but he is a big guy. I don’t know. He’s been very fortunate so can’t really put your hand on it. Some guys are more fortunate than others. He’s just been one of the fortunate ones that hasn’t had a whole lot of major issues and he’s also a guy that can play through certain ailments.”

On RB Matt Jones’ availability and if there is merit to him making the trip:
“There’s merit to him going on the trip, yes. We have got to see how he is tomorrow and we’ll check him out too after practice, make that final determination but we’ll have to wait and see.”

On if Jones will make the trip to London:
“So far, yes. As of now he’ll go.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.