• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2016 Week 7 - Redskins @ Lions

Blognostications

Blognosticator - DocSandy

Blognostication – October 23—Detroit Lions/Ford Field

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Both teams have been playing good keys will be for our defense to keep them in 3rd and long and continue the trend from the last couple of games. Kirk is going to have to be on his best performance. I think the running game will pick up even with Reed in there just have to find the right plays. Our next 4 games our tough even though cincy is struggling Dalton is still playing good then after the break we have Minny and GB. I'm hoping 3-1 but I think 2-2 is probably more like it

Well done Sandy. I wish I shared your confidence in this one, but it's hard to do while watching ongoing problems repeating themselves.

Trusting our coaches is hard work. We never know when Loser Gruden will have another "game clock mismanagement/where the hell am I" moment. After being forced into a more balanced attack, due to Reed being out, he probably thinks we've run enough now to cover the next few games. A return to Pass-Pass-Pass is inevitable. It was a little surprising to see them finally using Kelly (our best RB) during meaningful times of a game. It sure lit a fire under Matt "First Contact" Jones' ass. He ran better after watching Kelly run like man. First Contact does fine when he's untouched. Like the big runs he had when the Oline kept opening gaping holes for him to run through. But he still tries to run like 160lb little boy. And, 8 out of 10 times, goes down too easily after first contact. Hell, even Loser sees it.

Of course, we still couldn't get through a game without him and Wrong Play McVay displaying their stupidity. If it's not lining up in shotgun on 3rd and 2, removing any threat of the run, giving the advantage to the defense, who stopped us. It's being in the middle of methodically whipping ass with straight up football, and deciding, "It MUST be time for a slow developing raz-zle daz-zle play that loses yards and stops momentum." Only by the grace of Phithy's repeated defensive penalties did we survive the stupidity of our coaches. Loser's vaunted offense sputters like an old Chevy with wet spark plugs anytime a starter is missing. The ignorance of opposing teams, plus the improved play of Not Very Barry's defense, and the play of our special teams, have more to do with our lucky winning streak than anything Loser's offense is doing. And don't even get me started on Cybil.

Unfortunately, our luck runs out in Detroit

Redskins haven't put a good game together yet imho. We can do much better. Kirk from Michigan so he may actually perform in front of "his" crowd, and put a complete game together. We are due for a complete game in all phases, but especially Kirk.

Nice blog:)

I think Matt Jones continues to dominate and we keep on rolling in Detroit.

Our offense should also enjoy playing against the worst third down defense in the league.

11-5 over the last 16 games improves to 12-5.

Hey Ax...

If you read into my post, you may "get" that I'm not as confident as on the face of it. My heart is trying to convince my brain that we are the better team going into Ford Field. And I have to believe that any team ... well you know, "on any given day...". I think it'll be a tough game, but I'm hoping the coaches have learned what a balanced attack will do for us.

My confidence is based on the same team showing up that played Philadelphia minus some mistakes. That, I do realize, is a lot to ask.

But nothing is impossible in this league :) I still believe we'll pull it out. Fingers crossed :)

Nice Job Doc

Heh, I see Ax is cooking up a big kettle of mojo, hope it works ;)

Thanx, Doc for the writeup - well done.

As you asked about it; Kirk's QB Rate in the last 4 games averages out to 98.5 {per PFR}. Includes a high of 116.5 (Browns). link: Kirk Cousins Career Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com. As long as they are winning it doesn't really matter what it is. If they stay within their game, the short game, I think they'll be OK.

While both teams have been playing well as of late it seems to me that the Redskins have been the more improved especially on defense.

Nicely done, Sandy.

Thanks Serve and all... was hoping I didn't show too much ignorance in my first attempt at blognostication :)

See ya in chat Sunday!!! Not getting game here :(. Got spoiled the last 3 weeks with it showing here.

Loved it!!

30+ years as a Redskins fan and much of the last two decades has been doom and gloom and prophecies of disaster.

That's not me. I like to embrace the optimistic. Good things will come eventually, this is the cyclical nature of the world.
I go into every game with the expectation of a win. I'll pick the Skins every week in the Pickem contest because in my heart I believe they can go 16-0 lol... well 14-2 now obviously.

I like to look at what's going to go right, not search for what will go wrong. That's tough with this team sometimes but I still try.

I think you try and do the same Doc and I love that. This was a great read! :D
More please!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.