• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon - The Eagles: Landing on the wrong wire?

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
Maybe the Eagles fans were in a state of shock after that unexpected loss to the Lions but there wasn't anywhere near the amount of chatter about the upcoming game with the Skins as I had thought-or hoped.

Be that as it may, there was some, mostly fairly confident, but, as I have seen on other boards, a fair amount of wariness about playing a suddenly streaking Redskins team.

Dreagon

Calling it now, it won't be that close. Coming off a surprise loss in Detroit, the Eagles will hammer out a 31 - 24 win that only looks that tight because of a garbage time touchdown and field goal.

Rick

Eagles-Skins games are almost ALWAYS close

OhBaldi

My gut tells me we are better at QB and on Defese than Washington but they seem to have our number. Jaccpot loves killing the Eagles. If they can stop crowder and their backs on screen type passes and hit Cousins we win the game

Smfd6310

Redskins defense is horrible, keep 3rd downs manageable and they should be able to move the ball all day. Theyve got a lot of weapons on offense, they're definitely gonna score. Gotta make Cousins screw up a couple throws with pressure. I like the Eagles in this one

Maxx

No more of Billy Davis making Cousins look like Montana. I have confidence in Schwartz and the defense. This should be a easy win. After we get to harass Sam and give the Vikings their 1st loss.

Anguis

Cousins can't beat teams with winning records. Eagles win. Their defense is garbage, too. 3-4 TDs by Wentz.

OhBaldi

The Ravens have a winning record but you're right

Anguis

Oh I forgot they beat the Ravens. Well then, point is he doesn't do well under pressure and against solid teams for the most part. Poor track record.

Hextall4SC

This game will be decided by the ability of our defense to control Cousins and the Redskins passing attack. Between Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis, DeSean Jackson, Jamison Crowder, and Pierre Garcon that is a lot of weapons. Cousins has destroyed us in the past.

Captain Obvious

Don't give him time to throw the ball. Especially to Jackson downfield.

nc

No idea what to expect from this game, Skins have explosive playmakers on O , Schwartz needs to be on.

BelgianFlyer

Between Bradham and Jenkins, I think the Eagles can prevent Reed from going off. Garcon worries me because he always hurts the Eagles and Carroll (who I assume will cover him most of the game) hasn't been very good this year.

MacGyver1

Hi, the Skins are an up and down team. I bet they have a bad game this week.

MightyJNC

Isn't reed out with a concussion too?

NIBGoldenchild

That's what I've heard. And he self-reported. So it was missed during the game Sunday. He probably won't finish the protocol before this Sunday.*

This last, and longest post was the most thorough game related analysis I ran across.

THE BEAST

1) We need a plan for covering TE Jordan Reed. (NOTE: Reed experienced concussion symptoms this week during practice, and as of now there is no word on whether or not he will suit up Sunday. If he does play, we need to be ready.) I

More...

Yep, a little more confident than usual. But the important voice belongs to EDP - wonder what he thinks, lol.

...Protect the rookie. Rookie Halapoulivaati Vaitai, will be starting at RT... Knock - Knock, Ryan Kerrigan calling!

Can't argue a whole lot with the majority. There's always a few meatballs (except Redskin fans). I wouldn't think a high scoring game but I also thought Thursday would have been. Maybe they blinded themselves in those uni's.

Defense, TO's & penalties for Sunday. Philly actually averages more penalties than Washington. Philly is #3 at stopping the run - Ravens are #4. Redskins won that game but they did get stuffed. eGals secondary, #6 in fewest yards given up (Ravens #5), and eagles #5 in sacks. Redskins are #7 in passing yards and 5th fewest sacks. I suspect Jay is going to air it out a lot.

DJax definitely like eGal breakfast...lunch...dinner...dessert...Plus Kirk owes him a few after the last couple of weeks.

Didn't see it mentioned (may have missed) - Ertz over the middle. Skins don't have the best of coverage in that 'Reed' space. Breeland looks like he might be back so maybe they can get a little creative with players to cover that soft spot.

Now that they are starting to put guys in their positions, Redskins defense is better than most think and pass rush should get through at times. Although at stopping the run they are still squeamish. Philly #10 in yards per game rushing. Long day in the trenches guys.

No Reed, no Cravens, no chance. Cousins has trouble throwing a TD WITH Reed playing, and this week he'll have no chance. Expect it to be FG city. Hopkins will need to set an NFL record if the 'Skins are to win.

Wentz will, time and time again, hand the ball off to Sproles, and to a lesser extent, Matthews, as everyone knows the Redskins don't have a run defence. Expect an NFL record or two coming for the Eagles.

So who is the new London Fletcher, Phillip Daniels, or Cornelius Griffin?

Our defense has looked like the 87 Broncos defense vs the hogs and Timmy Smith.

Steven Daniels

Trent Murphy

Matt Ionnaidis.

Tyrone2.jpg

I was a little worried about this game before the start but it turned out ok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.