• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2016 Week 5 - Redskins @ Ravens

• Thread starter Blognostications
  • Start date

Blognostications

Blognosticator - Shi no Tenshi

Well, we

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't fear the Ravens for some reason, record notwithstanding. I think we take this one.

I really don't fear the Ravens for some reason, record notwithstanding. I think we take this one.

I think we should. Sorry I rambled on this as much as I did. Been a weird couple of weeks.

I just wish our defense inspired more confidence :D

We generally play the Ravens tougher than we should. We've played them 5 times since they became the Ravens, and four of those games were one-score games. Both years that they won the Super Bowl, we beat them. I think the Ravens are probably a better team than we are, but if history is any indication, we'll give them a game.

After the Cowboys, the Turdbirds are the team I despise most in the NFL. I will never forgive Modell (rot in hell you ****in maggot!) for moving from Cleveland, or, the Baltimorons for permitting him to screw Cleveland far worse than Bmore ever was. Especially after all the sniveling they did after allowing Irsay (dick that he was) to leave when he did.

That said, nothing about our coaching staff inspires even a hint of confidence that we win this game. Maybe, if they give it to us, like Cleveland did, we can steal it. But don't hold your breath.

Turdbirds 33
Redskins 17

I wish you'd hold your breath :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Ravens have ugly fans and their uniforms are an absolute blight to have to look at for four quarters. Who thought of that bug-eyed bird symbol on the helmets? Looks like a drawing submitted by a 5th grader :laugh: :laugh:

After seeing that the Orioles lost in the wild-card playoff, having the Redskins beat the Ravens would be a nice way to end the week :)

If Derrick Carr and Michael Crabtree could combine for 3 touchdowns and the Raiders could win 28-27, the Redskins should be competitive for a win here.

Bravo, Shi -

I'm not sure how they are rated #1 over Philly or Minnesota or Denver. Actually, the Rat Birds weren't much better against Cleveland against the run than the Skins.
Against the Browns: Baltimore gave up 23 runs/145 yds/6.3 YPC/1 TD. Washington gave up 28 runs/163 yds/5.8 YPC/1 TD. The really big difference was Ravens allowed 17 first downs and 2 by rushing while the Redskins let the Browns get 26 first downs and 8 by rushing.

Does the preseason war carry over?

Liked the article!

Good prediction. I like it. I think we can beat Elephant's favorite team as well.

Ronnie Stanley appears to be out for this upcoming game.

That means the Ravens will be starting the worst LT in the entire league. From PFF last season:

"His run blocking grade of 27.9 is the third-worst among any tackle to take a snap, and his pass blocking grade of 26.1 is second-worst. His 29 pressures allowed has led to a pass blocking efficiency of 89.4, which is also lower than we’ve ever recorded among starting tackles."

4 or 5 sacks at an absolute minimum. Nothing less is acceptable. This guy makes Tyler Polumbus look legit.

Ronnie Stanley appears to be out for this upcoming game.

That means the Ravens will be starting the worst LT in the entire league. From PFF last season:

"His run blocking grade of 27.9 is the third-worst among any tackle to take a snap, and his pass blocking grade of 26.1 is second-worst. His 29 pressures allowed has led to a pass blocking efficiency of 89.4, which is also lower than we’ve ever recorded among starting tackles."

4 or 5 sacks at an absolute minimum. Nothing less is acceptable. This guy makes Tyler Polumbus look legit.

You've met our defensive line, right?

Preston Smith, pick up the white courtesy phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...the blue courtesy phones are for the players, the white ones are for the coaches...
...but this really is more about the white lines and the yellow lines, isn't it? :hat:

When opponents get enough discipline to stick with the run against our porous D...well, the wailing and gnashing of teeth will reach unprecedented levels of anguish.

But as long as they're dumb enough to abandon the run, we have a shot.

Whoopeeeeeeeee

Agreed. Ravens have ugly fans and their uniforms are an absolute blight to have to look at for four quarters. Who thought of that bug-eyed bird symbol on the helmets? Looks like a drawing submitted by a 5th grader :laugh: :laugh:

Not all purple birds are bad.
Pierre Garcon's college mascot was the Purple Macaw, at Mount Union College.

After seeing that the Orioles lost in the wild-card playoff, having the Redskins beat the Ravens would be a nice way to end the week :)
If Derrick Carr and Michael Crabtree could combine for 3 touchdowns and the Raiders could win 28-27, the Redskins should be competitive for a win here.

The 49ers uni's on Thursday were worse if you didn't see it. They deserved to lose just because of that alone. Maybe match them against the Ravens for a battle of the uglies.

Carr lit them up with 4 TD's without breaking 2oo yards. Much like Kirk last week - 3 TDs and under 2oo yards. Oakland was 3 of 12 on 3rd down, 62 yards rushing & and had the ball 9 min's less than Baltimore.
Terrance West had 113 yds and Flacco just under 3oo. Yeah, those guys are pretty beatable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.