• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon - THe Browns: Hope against Hope

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
The Browns. What can I say?

If things get too sad, angry, down, or unproductive in Redskinsland all I have to do is visit a Browns fan board.

What a dismal state Browns fandom is in. A lot of them aren't even angry anymore.

They act resigned. This is a sad fanbase.

There weren't very many threads directly aimed at the upcoming game with the Redskins, mostly being about problems the Browns have-and they are numerous.

There are, of course, optimists who look for reasons to hope for a win but for most of them their outlook is muted and not filled with braggadocio.

mcarovil

Well, it's been a three week roller coaster ride with this team. Browns rank 16th offensive and 25th defense in total yards. Skins rank 5th offense and 29th defense. Opening line was 9-10 and now 7-8.5

Skins passing attack looks tough, need Haden back this week for sure. Their running game has not been too stellar. Browns are gonna have their hands full, but with creative play calling we should be able to move the ball. Need better OL play, skins have 7 sacks thru 3 games, only 3 for the Browns. Some injuries on the skins defense will help. I'm bored and let's go Browns!

Brrexkl

So we have an Average Offense (16th) and they have a Very Bad Defense (29).
Could be a good day for us.
Sadly they have a Very Good Offense (5th) and we have a Bad Defense (25th)... so it could be a good day for them.
**** it, Browns 42-Redskins 35. Let's have a Wild West Shoot Out... that's no where near the West.

CTownThunder

Living in Virginia this is one of my favorite games, and it comes around every 4 years. *Hopefully we can win, because it will be hilarious...no so much for my friends that are Skins fans. *And, if we lose? *What can they say? *We suck? *Well. *Yea.

mcarovil

Brownies will put up some points. TP running the read option. Kessler hitting some key passes and sprinkle in a little running attack. 27 pts. I just don't know how many the skins will have.

wvTRIBEfan

I think the down side to this is how will Kessler ever get into a rhythm being replaced as often as he was?

This s one the longest posts I've seen in a while but in the most comprhensive fan analysis I saw so I included it.

DaWg_LB.

There is an interesting dynamic here, both are similar in age, but took very different paths. Jay Gruden has never coached in College and has never been a position coach at any level. He was a Star QB at Louisville and then played some years in the Arena and NFL Europe leagues respectively. He comes from a football family in Ohio, his father Jim Gruden was Born in Cleveland and went to school there. Of Course his Brother Chuckie

More...

There but for the grace of Gibbs ... ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, Browns fans might be morose capitulators, but this lunatic surely isn't.

Bold predictions: Joe Thomas scores TD in Browns win - NFL.com
Cleveland karate chops Washington into submission

The Redskins have plenty of team speed on offense. DeSean Jackson and Jamison Crowder will showcase it with a rash of long gains against Cleveland's leaky secondary. The Browns, though, will hang around in pesky fashion on Sunday, overcoming their own mistakes, injuries and inherent imperfections to steal a wild one. Cody Kessler will throw timed, eight-yard darts; Terrelle Pryor will play six different positions; Duke Johnson will juke and jive through the beehive; Hue Jackson will design an Xs-and-Os masterwork from another solar system; Joe Thomas will score his first NFL touchdown; Jay Gruden will be airmailed out of FedEx with a thousand-yard stare as the ignored, giggled-at Browns hammer-drop their first win of the year.

<!-- width: / --><!-- width empty -->If this doesn't happen, NFL Media's Conor Orr will take a 65-week sabbatical from the gridiron to pen a poetry chapbook titled, "THE SEVENTH ORB." The 77-page think-piece will house a singular, devastating poem that begins as a meditation on home improvement and "from-scratch crockpot recipes" before descending into a dark-angled critique of underground political organizations and black-magic societies that dot our so-called peaceful America. Orr will be lionized for his work and flown from city to city to read his epic before crowded taverns and academic halls packed with intellectuals, quasi-intellectuals and glowing coeds. TIME will hail Orr on their May 28th, 2017, cover as "The Last Poet, The Only Poet," saying inside its pages: "Orr, especially in his unhinged live readings, nearly puts the crowd into a folksy trance with his homilies on home improvement and quick-pitch dinner recipes centered around crockpot antics -- but then the ride gets fierce. Instead of lyrical outpourings about gutter repair, Orr transports us to a place in the distance; a world beyond our world; a reality so imbued with possibility, high-stakes wonder and the exposure of long-hidden dark-magic sub-organizations, that it becomes impossible to again think of simple kitchen craft and home repair as essential to the human struggle. The listener finds oneself lifted beyond to a fresh plane of experience -- an uncharted landscape where all is new."

-- Marc Sessler

You've got that rainbow feel,
But the rainbow has a beard.

SWLABR/Cream

Browns fans were thrown a double whammy that is hard to bounce back from.

First, the team selects Johnny Manziel in the first round of the draft because the owner listens to the urgings of a homeless man he encounters when shopping downtown.

Then, the club decides to trade out of the #2 spot in 2016 for a bevy of draft picks and signs Robert Griffin III to play qb.

Griffin gets hurt just the way he used to get hurt in Washington, on the same kind of play in the open field.

The guy the Browns thought wasn't good enough to be a #2 overall pick, Carson Wentz, may end up being the Rookie of the Year.

That's enough to keep me drinking heavily during games in 2016.

Browns have been banned from drafting anymore QB's because they can not give one a good home.

Considering Cleveland is 0-3, starting a 3rd string rookie QB, are down their #1 & #2 receiver, have an injury riddled secondary and are playing on the road - I still don't feel like this is going to be an easy game for Washington. Sooner or later the Browns will get a win. Sooner or later the Skins will get it together - last year it was like game 6 against Tampa Bay. Hopefully it'll be sooner than later this season but it can't come soon enough and maybe Sunday is it. Maybe they need an afternoon game (late afternoon for those in the East) to break them out of their funk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.