• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2016 Trade Deadline Thread

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
Since this topic consistently generates much discussion every year, I figured it would be fitting to have a consolidated thread dedicated to the subject, which of course, be on-going, and ever-changing, with the changes of the season, including changes within the Skins, and around the league, with critical injuries.
What Redskin(s) are most likely to be traded before the November 1st Trade Deadline ?
And what would you demand in return for the player(s) ?

Ok, I'll start.
If the Browns' Kessler stinks it up, would they be desperate enough to trade for their own former QB, Colt McCoy, now that he's new and improved ?

In defense of this crazy idea, fans in the past have been to known to suggest much crazier trade ideas, numerous times.

I'm still in the frame of mind to listen to any offer, for any player, or coach. Just so long as it doesn't hurt the cap.

And, Colt could be our starter before the year is out, so I'd up the price for him.

It would seem by Scot's philosophy that if he could get the right draft picks he'd trade just about anyone. Maybe not so much his guys but the ones he inherited I don't know that many would be exempt. I doubt he would trade for performance if the team is still showing a poor wins and loss record because some Redskin coaches will be gone next year and whoever comes in next may need a different type of guy. Much like FA, I wouldn't think they'd do much other maybe a trade due to injury or for some sweet draft picks.

The Skins have guys with talent and some of them are coming up on contracts next year. If Washington isn't looking likely to make the playoffs, there may be another team that is who would be willing to trade for a player to give them some depth or replacement for injury/performance in return for picks. I could also see the Redskins trading away or even cutting a guy if Scot knows the guy absolutely won't fit what he wants. Matt Flynn - Scot tossed him to the street during camp and ate his $10M signing bonus to make Wilson his guy.

Softball alert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coach ?
What would you take for Gruden ? Considering the Raiders got two #1 picks for his brother in a trade.

What would you give me for Gruden?

QK, done deal.

I doubt that either happens, but it sure seems like we are wasting Desean.

Imagine him on the Patriots. He'd likely be in the top 5 WRs in the NFL.

As it stands here, he's all the way down at 38th in yardage. And he has only 1 single touchdown. And he's been healthy.

That's unacceptable.

As it stands here, he's all the way down at 38th in yardage. And he has only 1 single touchdown. And he's been healthy.

That's unacceptable.

Er, well, I don't know.

Sure Jackson's production is mediocre for him, but the Redskins are 3rd in passing yards and 12th in pass attempts. We pass the ball a lot and we spread it around a lot. Our top four receivers have all been targeted between 44 and 49 times, Jackson and Garcon included. Taking one of them out of the equation can still cripple the offense. Jackson our top receiving threat, production or no, and defenses have to account for that, which allows us to spread that ball around so effectively.

If we're writing this season off, trading Jackson (or Garcon) to a contender makes sense. Both are in the final year of his contract and all. But if we think we can make some noise this season I think you have to keep them on the team.

Y'all are getting your hopes up for nothing.

This isn't baseball or the NBA when an in-season trade makes a difference on the season.

The deadline will come and go. We will not be active players.

The only kind of acquisition that would really improve our ability to compete right away, is a trade for a demonstrable pass rushing threat at DE/OLB and who is going to trade one of those players in October/November?

Nobody.

The idea isn't necessarily to immediately improve the team, but to get something back for a player who we may end up losing in the offseason, with no compensation in return, either from us cutting the guy, or from free agency.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.