• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2016 Week 2 - Cowboys @ Redskins

I remember a couple years back doing some research on rookie or first year starters at the QB position and how they always seem to have their breakout games against us. I sure hope that's not the case here.

Excellent, glad to see blognostications back again

I have just posted my views, not only for this week either.

WE WANT DALLAS - Blogs - BGObsession.com

Please read and comment, if necessary.

Thanx for sharing!

Well, I know I don't typically take into consideration issues other fans may have in following the Redskins, especially on game day. I figure I have enough of my own and that's my concern. Not trying to be rude or belittle anything your saying because your absolutely right. I have my own ways of getting around and mostly think others have the same options and/or are willing and able to do something similar. Me, I happy enough if I can put 980 on the internet and listen. Anything else is a bonus. However, that's me. I probably just take my easy access for granted

But that may not be possible or desirable to any particular fans outside of North America - I don't know because I've never really thought about it. I can't speak for anyone else here but for me I like the social interaction on chat that is outside the game. Like minded people get together and chill for a few hours. I really can't do so any more but Sundays used to be a day to go to the local pub, hang out with friends with the game(s) on and if anything really happened during the game you get a replay or be able to easily glance up and pay more attention once things got interesting.

Josh should get to know Dez a lot better, and now that they have kissed and made up (of sorts), Joe Barry will ensure that Josh covers Dez only half the time. Of the other half, expect Dez to rack up the big numbers as experience will eventually overcome inexperience, and other than Meangelo, who else will cover him?

I'm not so sure that the coaching staff is going to cave into the popular opinion that Norman has to cover Dez every play this week. For one thing, Bashaud has played him pretty well in the past and I think Beasley might be the guy to look out for, he may attract Daks eye more often. The Giants didn't shut down Bryant last week by putting their best guy on him - they double and triple teamed him, held him to 8 yards on 1 catch out of 5 targets. I don't see Washington double or triple teaming anyone consistently but I do expect better play from the Safeties no matter who trots out there.

For another it shows a lack of faith in Breeland to never let him cover a #1 guy. Gotta do it sooner or later. Dez was cryin' that Josh shoulda been covering Brown on Monday. I think Dez would rather face Josh because he knows Breeland has had his number and Norman has bruised his ego. Dez likes to play physical but if anyone does it to him the tears flow. Will Dez try to goad Josh into an ejection? Count on it.

By the way, if I’m ever a Cowboys fan, just go ahead and pull the plug already.

Been reading Cowboy posts here and there. Pretty much they have at least as far as this week goes. Mostly those with hope are pinning them on the Revenge of Alf and the Clownboys win record at FedEx. Not much meat on that bone.

Good write up - more about vibe over numbers.

I think a Redskin win also - they're overdue being 2 & 6 at FedEx over the last few years. Washington has to be humiliated on on levels after Monday - I'm hoping they'll be looking for some payback and they're catching a team at a good time to get it. Giants didn't get a sack on Prescott but still held him to a 55% completion rate. Keep him under pressure, he doesn't pick up the 2nd receiver too well and probably hasn't learned to in a week. Dallast signed a defensive end this week, Ryan Davis. 34 games, no starts and 11 sacks. He leads their roster in career sacks displacing Orlando Scandrick who has 10.5 lifetime.

Washington should control the game from start to finish but rivalry games rarely play out that way. I'm easy, I'll take a W no matter how the Skins get it.

Nice write up Om. My only beef is that I think your sentences representing the "thoughts" of Cowboys fans were way too grammatically correct and cogent.

Other than that, good stuff.

Dallas (+3) 27, WASHINGTON 20
Some controversies can only be Cowboys controversies, and this week’s debate is straight out of Mr. Burns’s plot from The Simpsons: whether Jerry Jones should be able to control the sun and use it as a competitive advantage. While the sun may be the fall guy for Sunday’s loss to the Giants, some blame should also go to the too-high expectations for rookie quarterback Dak Prescott, who was facing the league’s most improved defense in his first regular-season start.

This week will be different: The Redskins are playing on a short week, and even fresh, they proved incapable of tackling 33-year-old DeAngelo Williams. Dallas is going to be able to run right at Washington, and Prescott should be able to hit big passing plays when he needs to. Only three terrible offenses (the 49ers, Rams, and Bills) posted worse yards-per-completion numbers than the Cowboys last week, but the Boys don’t necessarily need to improve that number; they just need to make those short passes count. As for the Redskins: If Kirk Cousins has another bad game, people might start mentioning that this offseason he turned down $24 million guaranteed and a contract on par with Andy Dalton’s to play on the franchise tag. Oh wait. I just did.

Ouch. Sigh.

https://theringer.com/week-2-nfl-picks-drew-brees-detroit-lions-5abd0811ace0#.2jv2xi91n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.