• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 9/14/16: Gruden, Cousins, Garrett, Morris

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
September 14, 2016

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On the injury report:
“Limited were Chris Baker, rib and elbow; Morgan Moses with a knee strain. Full – [David] Bruton, his chest, his SC joint; [Josh] Doctson with his Achilles; Matt Jones with his shoulder; Preston Smith with his oblique. That’s the injury report.”

On signing DL Cullen Jenkins:
“Well, he adds another defensive lineman to our room, like I said. And the reason we had to make the move beforehand was we were questioning Spencer Long’s availability Week 1, so we kept an extra offensive lineman. But, he did some good things when he was here. We thought he did good enough when he was here for a couple of days and the Tampa game to warrant another look. We’ll get him to practice here today and tomorrow and see where he stands as far as knowing the defense and what kind of shape he’s in again and make a decision. The defensive linemen we have here are here and just another good player to add to the mix.”

On figuring out how to attack different defenses:
“Well, every defense is different. That’s the thing about the NFL. You know, I think Pittsburgh is unique in the fact that they play a certain style of defense and Dallas will give you something totally different. There will be some similarities in some of the zone coverages but some of the philosophies will be different. A 4-3 front is totally different from what we saw with Pittsburgh. You know, I think it’s just a matter of getting to know each defense each week and then making your game plan and making your necessary adjustments and that’s what quarterbacks have to do. That’s why it’s the toughest position in sports because there’s nothing ever the same. The rim doesn’t sit there and you just don’t shoot jumpers all day. You know, you have to play against a moving defense with fronts, coverages, blitzes, schemes, and you have to adjust.”

On how difficult it was to not re-sign Cowboys RB Alfred Morris:
“That’s difficult, two-fold because he is a good player and was very productive for us. A sturdy player, and very consistent, and also because he’s one of the best people I’ve ever met. So, it was a difficult decision, but decisions like that happen all the time and you have to make them as a coach and as a GM. That’s the way we decided to go and we have to live with it. But we have nothing but respect and good things to say about Alfred.”

On use of the no-huddle as compared to committing to the running game:
“Yeah, that looked good. That was our only touchdown drive of the day. I think having both ready to roll is important. You know, I think the huddle plays, we just have got to do a better job of being a little more balanced probably. But, like I said, each week is a different style, way to attack big defenses. Some weeks it might be more pass-happy, some weeks it could be more run-happy. You know, last year we played the Rams, it was more run-happy game plan, against Pittsburgh it was more of a pass-happy thing. Ideally we’d like to stay balanced like every team would probably in the NFL.”

On if having 11 carries is “less than desirable”:
“Yeah, that’s less than desirable. We didn’t have a lot of ops either. We didn’t have the ball a lot in the first half, and our possessions were cut short a couple times. Penalties really killed us. When you get behind, you get first and 15, second and 14, first and 20, first and 25, like we had, you know, I don’t know what runs are going to really work. So, we’ve got to be in favorable down and distance. We’ve got to maintain some drives, get some first downs, so we can get some rhythm to our offense. We just failed to get in any good rhythm because of the penalties and obviously Pittsburgh did a lot too.”

On working through communication struggles during the game:
“Yeah, you can never really, really work on the noise. You know, you have these music machines and sound machines and all that stuff, but when you get into Monday Night Football and it’s really loud and the teams are going really fast, sometimes the communication like happened on the third play of the game when [David] Bruton and Josh [Norman] had a little miscommunication there… And then the false starts, there’s really no excuse for that ever, really as far as I’m concerned, and it’s something we have to really address and we addressed it. Sean [McVay] addressed and I addressed it. We had I think six or maybe five, and that’s really five too many for the season, if you ask me. It’s a discipline thing and we weren’t very disciplined and we’ve got to make sure we work on our cadence every day and take a lot of pride in it.”

On the vision for the defensive linemen:
“Tenacious. We want them to be hard, play hard, get off blocks and we have a good substitution pattern for them. And believe me the fault of giving up the yards rushing was not on the defensive line. A lot of it can be the linebackers, some of it can be the safeties missing the tackles or the corners missing the tackles. You know, it’s a combination. Really that whole entire defense, you have to play good together. You have to be gap-secure and run to the football and get off blocks. And really at the end of the day I think each group of players – linebackers, defensive line, safeties, corners – all wish they had a couple of plays back. That’s a lot of plays when you add them up.”

On QB Kirk Cousins’ performance on Monday and if he seemed tentative:
“Yeah, a little bit. I think… obviously not scoring a touchdown until late there in the game and having some opportunities to make some plays we didn’t make, we’re a little disappointed with the performance of everybody on offense. But, like I said, we were stuck in some long-yardage situations that were tough to overcome. He missed some throws that he normally makes, which I’m sure he regrets and wishes he had back. But as far as a grade, when you lose a football game, it’s hard to give anybody a good grade quite honestly and I don’t grade A, B, C, D and F. This isn’t college or high school. He understands that his performance has got to improve, as does everybody on this football team, including the coaches.”

On if there were other options to cover Steelers WR Antonio Brown on Monday beyond placing CB Josh Norman on him:
“There might have been. You know, a couple of the situations where he made some plays, they were very short yardage and you don’t want to drop back and play zone or double team him in those short-yardage situations. They throw checkdowns and get first downs and that’s when you really pull your hair out. You want to go crazy. If they’re going to beat you, make them make a great throw and a great catch, which they made on four or five occasions, for goodness’ sakes. Are there things we could have done different? Maybe his technique could have been a little better, maybe we could have gotten a little more pressure, maybe we could’ve blitzed them. There are some things that I’m sure as a coordinator you wish you had back as far as the call is concerned. As a defensive back, your technique, you wish you changed it up a bit. But also Big Ben and Antonio made some great throws and great catches.”

On if there were positives in the running game in limited opportunities against the Steelers:
“I think so. I think the run we had a holding call on, that really hurt us back also. He had a nice hit on that one, too. By no means do I think that we couldn’t run the ball against Pittsburgh, it’s more of the thought that we thought passing the ball was a better avenue as far as percentages are concerned. This week it could be different but there are some things to take out of that game as far as the running game is concerned that were positive, if there was anything at all.”

On if he spoke with the defense about just falling on fumbles:
“Yeah, that’s been addressed. When you’re in a crowd, you want to fall on it, but if you ever have the opportunity to scoop and score… We get a little greedy sometimes – scoop and score – and I think that’s what Ryan [Kerrigan] thought, but there were too many people around him. He should’ve just fell on it. He’ll be the first one to tell you that. That was unfortunate, that was a big play. Good play by him and ended up being a bad play by him, all in the same swoop.”

QB Kirk Cousins

On his takeaways from reviewing the game against Pittsburgh:
“I think it’s pretty much the same things I said on [Monday] night. A little bit of a broken record. Obviously, you don’t want to turn the ball over, you’ve got the penalties. We had to play catch up a lot as a result of some lot of things and if we can stay favorable down and distances, we can run the ball, and I think all of those things combined will help us have a much better performance.”

On balancing avoiding sacks and extending plays:
“Yeah, I would agree that there are times when you want to extend plays and yet you can be OK with taking a sack here and there. You’ll probably end up on a good year with 20 or 25 sacks, which could be more than one or two a game. So, it’s an understandable part of the game. Don’t want to take them because they do kill drives and it definitely hurts morale, but at the same time want to extend some plays here and there. But of the whatever-number of dropbacks we had, 45-ish dropbacks, there were probably only, I don’t know, but definitely less than five that I would’ve scrambled on or tried to do anything so it’s not a high percentage where I wish I had sat in there longer.”

On his individual performance on Monday:
“Oh, there are definitely areas where I want to improve and I think we always, no matter what the performance is, you’re always going back and watching the film and saying 'Let’s be really hard on ourselves, talk about how we can be better,’ and this game is no different. There are plenty of places where I can be better and that’s where I’m focused and understand that I have a great opportunity now this Sunday to go out there and hopefully put a better taste in our mouths.”

On if he’s feels he is a “work in progress”:
“Well, I think I’ll always be, right? I don’t think at year 16, if you’re fortunate to play that long, I don’t think you feel like you have figured it out. I remember when I asked Tom Brady after the game last year, 'When did it click for you? 'In a sense I asked him, 'When were you no longer a work in progress?’ And his answer was what I would echo here, it is still clicking. You’ve never figured it out, you’ve never arrived. And the minute you think you have is probably when you’re going to be gone. So I’m going to keep working and keep going and I understand that. I’ll always view myself as a work in progress and I think that’s how other people can view me too.”

On if part of his development is learning to deal with coordinators who game plan specifically for him:
“It always will be, right? You know, defenses are going to go back and watch film. We’re going to go back and watch film with them. It’s an evolving game and it’s not a static game. Guys are always learning and changing and adapting and guys are changing teams and it goes back to not having arrived. Just always continuing to grow and work, and, yep, people will start to figure you out and then you’ll start to figure that out, and you’ll start to figure them out. So, it’s a back and forth deal that you’ll have for as long as I’m playing football.”

On staying patient when teams drop into zone coverage:
“I don’t think it’s as hard as I made it sound, maybe. I think that I just have got to take what they can give me and I think what’s exciting is that if you do check it down there, you’re probably in second and one, maybe get another first down. They’re dropping enough where you’re not just checking it down and now it’s second and eight. You really have a pretty productive play. So that’s where maybe you have got to remind yourself that a check-down can still really be a productive play, and we had a few of those. That’s where I can continue to be patient knowing that it’s still a good chunk of yards.”

On working on timing to prevent false starts:
“We’re talking about it and it’s definitely a point of emphasis. Our offensive line and myself, we just have all got to be on the same page, and football’s the ultimate team game. You know, we’re all dependent on each other and if one guy isn’t on that same page then we’re all affected. So we have to all be together, all 11 at all times. And that’s a challenge to get all 11 guys going in the same direction on every play. The snap count is certainly an example of that.”

On his familiarity with playing against the Cowboys as opposed to a team like the Steelers:
“Yeah, the Steelers were a little different. Hadn’t seen them since my rookie year and their scheme is different than most teams in a few ways, so there was some uniqueness to the Steelers that we may not even see the rest of the season. Cowboys, a little different, you know being division opponent, having played them twice last year. Now the same coordinator is back, a lot of the same players have been back now for several years. So there’s some familiarity but it’s not like Coach [Rod] Marinelli has been there for a decade so I’ve seen them eight or nine times. I mean it’s still only been a couple, or a few, and as a result there’s still a lot of studying to be done.”

On the frustration of not scoring touchdowns in the red zone:
“It’s a very important part of the game. I think last season we had gone back and looked at 2014 and saw how we weren’t good enough on third down and in the red zone and we made that a big point of emphasis that we have to be better and we were. We were a top five team on third down, we were a top 10 team in the red zone and that’s one of many reasons why we had an improvement. That hasn’t changed. We’ve emphasized third downs and red zone but when we aren’t as productive on third down and aren’t as productive in the red zone, it’s going to come back to haunt you in the final score and in your final result. So, we understand that and we have to make it a point of emphasis that when you get in the red zone, you have to come away with touchdowns 50-60 percent of the time to be a top 10 team in the league in that area and we weren’t doing that the other night.”

On if he has to prepare as if each defense will look different:
“Yeah, each team will be different and, you know, make no mistake, the Steelers have also had games where they’ve brought blitzes left and right. So, it’s a game where they kind of feel what works for them in the game. If they had brought blitzes and we hadn’t picked them up, they may have said, 'Hey, they don’t have an answer for our pressures. Let’s keep coming and heating them up.’ I think we had an answer for a couple pressures, so they said, 'Let’s not do that. They’re picking it up. Let’s play some zone coverage and drop off.’ So, again when you get in first and 25, second and 20, first and 15, I would play, you know, a loaded zone coverage and play soft, too. So, part of it is situationally more than just the strategy against a team. You know, if we’re going to get in penalties and put ourselves behind the eight-ball, it’s going to be tough sledding all year long, no matter what you’re prepared for.”

On changes to the running game going into Week 2:
“I think avoiding the penalties, having a lead, or at least being within a close margin where you aren’t running out of time and you can afford to run the football, you know those will always be the games where we have a better running game. You know, I felt like when I handed the ball off the other night, we were getting chunks here and there. There was a holding call and then we’d be backed up and it’s like you’ve got to throw it, you can’t run the ball in those long-yardage situations. In the second half it felt like we were chasing a deficit. We had to get back and those aren’t situations where you want to run the ball a lot; you’ve got throw it. So, it’s more the situations in the game that dictate how you end out coming out statistically. And that’s where if we can come away with points in the red zone, as JP mentioned, and that kind of a thing, we’re going to put ourselves in a better position to run the ball in the second half.”

On the false starts:
“Whatever they are, whatever caused them, they need to get fixed. So the point is, whatever caused it, let’s talk about it. How can I make it easier on you, how can I help, and you let me know. Let’s communicate and let’s make sure it doesn’t happen again. And that’s been the topic of conversation the last couple of days, and we’ve got a great chance on Sunday to be much sharper in that area.”

On if there are specific statistical categories he uses to judge the effectiveness of the offense:
“Absolutely. I always like to look at third down and red zone as two important ones. You know, if you’re over 50 percent in both of those, you’re going to be near the top of the league, in a better position that most teams, so that’s something we’re always going to look at. And there are others – first down efficiency, yards per play, that kind of a thing – that you look at, that you can kind of measure yourself to see are we achieving the goals that are necessary that lead to wins, traditionally and typically. So those are statistics you can kind of look at to find where the holes are, maybe the gaps are, where you’re being efficient and can feel good about.”

Dallas Cowboys Head Coach Jason Garrett

On players returning to play their former teams and how he approaches it as a coach:
“I think the biggest thing that we try to do is focus on what we need to do to win the game. You try to keep all of that personal stuff out of it. I’m sure there’s different emotions for different players depending on what their experience has been. You guys know Alfred [Morris] like I do, he’s a great person, first of all, and he’s a very even-keeled guy. He’s such a professional in how he approaches everything every day, so it’s been great to have him on our team. He’s going to approach it like a pro and get ready to play and take advantage of his opportunities if he gets them.”

On their struggles and how they keep their confidence level up:
“Yeah, just come back to work every day. In regards to the game the other day, you come back in on Tuesday and you clean it up. You address what the issues are and try to get better at them. Certainly you try to build on the good things that you’re doing. It was a hard-fought game the other day against the Giants. Ultimately we didn’t do what we needed to do to win the game, but you learn from it and you move on and we focus on the challenge against the Redskins.”

On if teams try to get players more touches against their former team:
“I don’t think you look at it that way. Again, you’re trying to put a plan together that helps you win the game and you focus on what you need to do to put your players in the best position. Alfred [Morris] is a pro and you certainly want to get him involved every week to help contribute to our team.”

On how the Redskins approached WR Antonio Brown and how that may affect WR Dez Bryant:
“I don’t know, all I know is that guys they were playing against the other night were awfully good players. The quarterback [Ben Roethlisberger] is outstanding and it’s arguably one of the best receivers in the National Football League. So we have great respect for the Redskins’ defense on all three levels. They have very good front guys, very good linebackers, and obviously some accomplished, talented defensive backs. We have great respect for them. Again, we’re focused on us, our preparation, getting ready to play our best football on Sunday.”

On QB Dak Prescott’s knowledge of the offense:
“You know, one of the best things he does is he works and he prepares. It’s impressed all of us right from day one. He’s really done an excellent job taking advantage of every opportunity, starting all the way back in rookie minicamp. His approach is outstanding. Obviously the more experienced you are running plays in a game, your level of understanding for the system will grow just because you have real-life game experience. But in terms of controlling everything he can control to learn it and be prepared, he’s done that from day one. He has real command of what we’re asking him to do and he’s really grown very quickly, and it has a lot to do with the approach he’s taken.”

On if they will limit Prescott’s rushing attempts:
“If that’s something that we think can be an effective play for us, we’ll certainly use it. He’s been very effective throwing the ball from the pocket. He’s been effective throwing the ball on movement plays. He’s been effective scrambling. When things have broken down, he’s made some runs when the play’s broken down for some big gains for us. Obviously some of the designed quarterback runs have been effective for us as well. So he’s a guy that can do anything physically that you would ask him to do. So that’s been a part of what we’ve done in certain game plans. It’s been a good play for us.”

On the Redskins’ secondary:
“I just think they’re good players. They’ve been good players since they’ve been in this league. They’re good cover guys in man-to-man. They’re good zone defenders. They’re physical, they play the game the right way. But again, we spend most of our time focusing on ourselves rather than what they’re doing. Obviously they’ll play certain coverages in different situations that we’ll try to prepare ourselves for, but what we’re trying to do is grow each and every day, each and every week ourselves. That’s where our focus is.”

On where the team is mentally after QB Tony Romo’s injury and a Week 1 loss:
“Yeah, our team has done a great job just coming to work every day all through the offseason and training camp, and that’s been no different through the preseason and the start of the regular season. Got real professional guys who handle things the right way, they prepare for their opportunities, who are excited about this opportunity this week against the Redskins.”

On if the Cowboys will utilize as much zone defense as the Steelers did on Monday:
“Again, we really focus on what we do. We’ve been a team that’s played zone, we’ve played man, we’ve played a variety of each. Pittsburgh has done that as well. They’ve also been a big pressure team, so when you watch them play, it seems like what they did kind of fit with what they’ve done for a lot of years up there in Pittsburgh and they did a good job in the game slowing the Redskins down. But they’re a very good defense. We’re going to focus on what we do and how we can play our best football.”

On RB Alfred Morris’ value as a mentor to RB Ezekiel Elliott:
“I think what you try to do when you build a team is you want to put the right guys together. Certainly, their ability on the football field and their talent is very critical to that evaluation, but you also want them to be the right kind of guys off the field as well. Alfred is certainly that. He’s been fantastic since he’s been here—a real professional approach, very much of a team-oriented guy, and I just think an outstanding person. Not only does he have a positive impact on the running back room, but I think he has a positive impact on the offense and really everybody throughout the team. That’s older guys and younger guys alike. He’s been a real positive influence on our football team both on and off the field and we’re lucky to have him.”

On what they saw in Morris:
“Well, we’ve just played against him a lot over the course of his career. He’s been just such an effective runner for the Redskins. The 1,400, 1,500, 1,600-yard seasons—whatever they were—they speak for themselves. He’s been very productive that way, but he just has a good feel for running and we thought he was such an integral part of what they were doing offensively. I told him when we signed him, 'Hey, we’ve been trying to tackle you for the last four years, it’s good to have you on our side.’ Again, he’s been such a pro, handled every opportunity the right way and he’s certainly helping our football team.”

Dallas Cowboys RB Alfred Morris

On being a Dallas Cowboy:
“It’s different. I thought it would take me a little more, like the first game after I was like, 'Man, I am really on a different team.’ But, it really didn’t hit me, so I don’t know. Maybe it’ll hit me this week when we go back to Landover and I am on the other sideline and the opposite locker room. Maybe then it’ll be like, 'Oh, this is real, I’m really gone.’ So we will see. But it’s been different, just the way they run things around here, not to say it’s better, it’s just different so it’s been adjustments for me. Even the city. Yeah, people drive crazy around here, you have to be on guard all the time but people drive crazy everywhere. I almost got hit a bunch of times out there in in Ashburn, D.C., so crazy drivers. But, it’s been a bit of an adjustment so we are adjusting fine, so no complaints.”

On what it felt like to be a free agent and choose Dallas:
“By the end of the year, I figured that my time there was gone and unfortunately my plan was to stay with the same team my whole career. I mean, get different pieces in there and you’re not the coaches’ guy, you’re not the GM’s guy, they draft a young guy. It’s a business, so I expected that. They just had a different plan and I wasn’t a part of it and that was OK. I accepted that much of it and it’s a business and some guys think that 'Oh, that would never happen here.’ I accept that because I know at the end of the day it’s a business and so you just move on. And, honestly, I didn’t know where I would end up at and just kind of tested it. The free agency process was very insulting to just say the least. I didn’t like it one bit. I don’t want to do it again. It was a crazy experience and just due to last season and everybody saying my production went down, you know a lot of people threw shots at me and tried to say, 'Hey, he just wasn’t good.’ So, yeah, I ended up… Dallas actually came on late and I talked to a lot of other teams early on like Miami and Denver and different things, pieces were moving and they were trying to work things out and then they had bigger needs in the offseason than a running back. So it was a lot of things getting shifted around and it was wild one and I was like, 'Wow, man. This is not going the way I expected it to go.’ And then eventually Dallas came knocking. I did a visit and it just seemed like a good fit so I said, 'Why not?’ They worked out the contract stuff and it was just an opportunity to continue to do what I love. So, yeah, it was a rival team but I didn’t even think about that; I was a kid trying to keep his dream alive and it just happened to fall to the rival team.”

On getting the offense going without Tony Romo at quarterback:
“It’s different because, man, Tony, just being next to him, man, he’s so smart and he’s so ahead of the game and puts you in the right positions to be successful. He’s very, very talented and very, very smart. So just losing a guy like that for however long this takes is definitely a blow, but having a young guy like Dak [Prescott], man, this kid is very, very impressive. He’s very composed in the pocket. You just watch him, he stands in there and delivers strikes, even with hands and pressure coming at him, he stands in there and delivers, he moves his feet. He’s very, very confident, which is something that you want in a quarterback and he’s a natural leader. When you have a guy like that stepping in and filling some big shoes, it makes it easier for us. The veterans around him, we have to do a better job, we have to do a good job of stepping up and making it easy for them. Running crisp routes, getting the run game going, protecting him, so that it’s easier for him so he can get settled and start delivering strikes and marching down the field and doing what he’s been doing. He had an impressive preseason and I feel like his first showing was really good, minus the loss. He did a very good job, especially being a rookie. He had a lot on his plate, but we did a good job of bearing that burden with him and not putting it all on him and feeling like he has to deliver us and make it happen. Even though we fell short, I feel like it was a good first showing so I’m excited to see him again this coming up week.”

On similarities between Dak Prescott and Robert Griffin III:
“I think they both are dual threats. He can run the ball. I don’t know that I’m going to really say that one is a better runner than the other, but they’re both confident for one. Confident dual threats and rookies and starting, that’s not easy to do in this league. You can kind of see even with the New York Giants, they did a good job of trying to pressure him, trying to throw crazy looks at him, disguising coverages. He did a good job of making his read and delivering strikes. Like I said, I was very impressed by his first actual game, but I’ve been impressed with him since he’s been here.”

On if he was told why he did not return to Washington:
“No, I didn’t get a reason. I didn’t go looking for one either. I thought about it. I contemplated it for a while, just go ask kind of, 'What’s going on?’ I just felt like I didn’t really need to. Whatever happened, happened, and I guess it was time to move on. So that was fine with me. Like I said, it goes back to 'it’s a business’ and like I said, I can’t cry over spilled milk. I just had to go buy me another gallon.”

On not taking free agency personally:
“Like I said, it’s a business, man. I don’t want to keep saying that, but it’s true and I accepted that. Just talking to some of the veterans when I first came in – Santana Moss and DeAngelo [Hall] – and a lot of those guys kind let you know, 'Hey, this is not what you think.’ My first year, you know, you have this idea of what the NFL is and think it’s all peaches and cream, but when you really get in you are like, 'Oh, this is a business.’ But you have to remember not to let that steal your joy and that’s why I went out there and I was like, 'I get an opportunity to do what I love to do every single day.’ And that’s what kept me level-headed because I still got an opportunity to live my dream. Is it going the way I wanted it to go? It’s not, but that’s OK because I’m still here. There’s millions of people that would give anything to be in our shoes and I’m fortunate enough to be where I want to be to live out this dream. So it kept me level-headed. It’s always an opportunity, I just make the most of what I do get. So I knew if it wasn’t there, there would be opportunities somewhere for me and I just happened to fall in Dallas. We’ll see how this works out over time.”

On if he’ll have extra motivation against the Redskins:
“No, not at all. I’ve been an underdog my whole life. Little League, high school, college, I’ve always been an underdog, underrated, counted out. I’m used to it and I don’t know why that happened to me, but I just embrace it. I embrace that I am an underdog and I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. All I need is an opportunity. All I need is a chance. The same thing when I came out of college, a lot of people said I wouldn’t make it in this league and that was fine. I never listened to naysayers anyway. All I said, all I needed was an opportunity. The Redskins – Coach [Mike] Shanahan – took a chance with me, drafting me and that was my foot in the door and I was like, 'This is good enough because I’ll make the most of it.’ That’s what I always do. No, I don’t feel like I have anything to prove. I’m not going to go out there and go any harder than what I do because I give every play my all. So I’m always going hard. Every play could be my very last and that’s how I always approach the game ever since I’ve been playing. Even all my four years at the Redskins, even last year, I approached every play like it was my last because it very much could have been. Actually, some of those plays were my last being in Washington. Now I’m somewhere else and I still have the same approach, still have the same mentality, still have the same work ethic and I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I just need the opportunity.”

On if he will have his usual meeting with FedExField stadium staff:
“Oh, for sure! That’s going to be the highlight of my trip, other than a win – a win would be very nice. Yeah, I’m looking forward to meeting up with them. Hopefully if we don’t grab anything for dinner – depending on our meetings and our schedule – if we can’t grab anything beforehand, I’m definitely going to be at the stadium as early as I can. Definitely go to my same little spot and hang out with my same family and just shoot the breeze before the game. I’m definitely looking forward to that.”

On if he expects a warm reception at FedExField:
“I’m not sure, honestly. I just hope for the best and prepare for the worst. So we’ll see what happens. It will be interesting, to say the least.”

On his tweet on Monday supporting QB Kirk Cousins:
“Yeah, I mean, Kirk, that’s my guy. I love him. He’s a good guy and I texted him before the game. Even when I was there, last year, I was like, 'Have fun.’ Even at halftime, I was like, 'Are you having fun?’ I’m like, 'Good, good. Keep having fun.’ I just texted him, 'Do me one favor and just have fun.’ It didn’t look like he had fun, but it’s OK because there’s 15 more games to play. I’m always going to be in Kirk’s corner. All the guys – DY [Darrel Young], Robert [Griffin III] – we kind of came through together. We started around the same time and I was able to build great relationships with them, so I’m always going to root for them. Just because I’m on an opposing team doesn’t mean I’m not going to root for my friends.”

Yes - great guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.