• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2016 BGO NFL Pickem: Week 1 Results

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
In our opening week, we had a two way tie for first at 12-4, with both JohnssBass and MisterPinstripe leading the way. On their heels were DixieFlatline, Canadian Hog, Om, and IronMike at 11-5. Rounding out the top 10 were redskins26, RobinTom, Kel Varnsen, and Hog Fever.

For those that missed getting Week 1 picks in, please continue playing. Final standings depend on total # of wins, so quite possible to still be in the running even if you miss a week.

For complete Week 1 Results, click HERE.

Last couple years I took a beating in the first week, so I chose favored teams across the board. 8-8...not so good.

I managed to remember to get my picks in ... which is not always the case. :thud:

Off to pick Week 2.

I can stop now. Tied for the lead for one week! :whoo:

OK, I went back to check on my picks for week 2 to see how I fared, and I noticed they were not the picks I made.

I hate to give away my secret, because we all know how successful I have been at this contest over the years, but I pick the favorites across the board, then go back and adjust a game or 2 I feel could go either way.

I did not pick Carolina over SF.
I did not pick Miami over NE.

Those 2 were no brainers.

I did not pick Jax over San Diego.
I chose LA over Seattle because they've dominated them over the last few years.
And I did not pick Indy to go into Denver and win, especially after losing to Detroit last week.

And I would NEVER pick Dallas over the Skins.

I am not sure what last week looked like because I chalked it up simply to the odds makers not knowing what to expect in the first week, but I paid closer attention this week. That is 6 losses I did not choose and one win I did not choose.

Anyone else have any issues?

If you will send me your intended picks, I will edit them for you (we are on the honor system here). Will do the same if anyone else sees there was an issue. I'm not sure what could've happened Brian - not even going to venture a guess...

OK, I went back to check on my picks for week 2 to see how I fared, and I noticed they were not the picks I made.

I hate to give away my secret, because we all know how successful I have been at this contest over the years, but I pick the favorites across the board, then go back and adjust a game or 2 I feel could go either way.

And I did not pick Indy to go into Denver and win, especially after losing to Detroit last week.

I am not sure what last week looked like because I chalked it up simply to the odds makers not knowing what to expect in the first week, but I paid closer attention this week. That is 6 losses I did not choose and one win I did not choose.

You stole my secret method?!? HOW DARE YOU

All my picks were fine.

Well, not fine, but good.

I mean, not good, but correct.

Well, not correct, but what I picked.

...think I'll put this weeks picks in tomorrow..

Week 1 was correct - the Favorites were 9-7. On Week 2, I don't know what you're looking at brother. Your pick in the system was San Fran, not Carolina. LA was also your pick, not Seattle. I actually think you must've clicked the 'All Away' button right next to 'All Favorites' as all your selections for Week 2 were the away team, except for the ones you told me you changed. Pretty sure that was the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.