• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Keys to the Game Contest

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
keystothegame.png

Docsandy recently made a generous donation of some classic items to BGO. Thanks so much Sandy!

One of the items donated was a Redskins keyring collection, many of them are one of a kind collected during the glory days of the first Gibbs era.

That gift sparked in my little brain an idea for a new weekly contest, which we're cleverly calling 'Keys to the Game'.

To play, all you have to do is post in this thread. Each week, before kickoff, let BGO know what you think the key play, player, or moment that will turn out to be the 'turning point' or 'deciding factor' in the game will be. Remember that others may have similar ideas, so be as specific as you can. Give us the WHAT, the WHO, and the WHEN. You don't have to assume the Redskins win to make your guess - you can base it on an opponent's performance.

For example, 'Late in the 4th quarter, with the Skins holding a slim 3 point lead and Pittsburgh driving for the winning score, Breeland intercepts a tipped Roethlisberger pass to seal the win'. You could also predict a specific player's performance such as 'The key to the game will be a record 5 sack performance by Ryan Kerrigan, one of which results in a fumble returned for a TD'.

The BGO member who, in staff's estimation, nails it or comes closest to predicting the 'key to the game' will receive a vintage Redskins keyring in the mail the next week.

Get predicting! :cheers:

Winners
Week 1: Blanford
Week 2: None
Week 3: Om
Week 4: SkinsOrlando
Week 5: TomE
Week 6: Knightingale
Week 7: None
Week 8: None
Week 9: Bye
Week 10: Knightingale
Week 11: Knightingale
Week 12: None
Week 13: None
Week 14: None
Week 15: None
Week 16: Ax

Last edited:
What a cool idea! I love this! Thanks Doc!

Alrighty, I'm going to say that Steelers are up late, driving to seal it. Preston Smith finally breaks free to get his first sack which stalls their drive. Kirk, backed up deep puts together a few nice plays to get in position for Hopkins who nails the game winner.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Nice! I'm not gonna lie - the selfish me wanted to keep these for myself. But it'll be more fun giving them away.

Key= special teams.

One vague, special teams will have a play (return, fumble recovery, etc.) that will shift the momentum in our favor, get the Fed rocking and have Steelers fans crying in their terrible towels.

Not so vague.... Ross will take one to the house getting us up by four points late third quarter, we hold on for the win.

Is this like a two-fer?

I'm gonna say: Antonio Brown does not break 50 yards. Roethlisberger throws for under 250 total.

Let's go peeps. Free stuff.

First of all, Boone, you're quite welcome... it's the least I can do since I can't financially support the site right now :( However, since I REALLY don't want these back (most of them were duplicates from my married days and my husband insisting on buying two of everything <grin>)... I will post something but give the keyring to second place (if that is by miracle I ever win)...

I think Ryan Kerrigan will have a sack for a fumble recovery late in the game. This will lead to a winning touchdown. (and no, I'm not taking this from your post, it's more wishful thinking as I love Kerrigan and I want to see the old Kerrigan back).

Last edited:
Late in the third quarter, Skins down by 10 but driving. After several completions moving the ball, hand-off to Matt Jones. Breaks to the outside, has a lane and is Stripped of the ball from behind. Stlrs take over and that is the running point in the game.

Sorry peeps

Late in the third quarter, Skins down by 10 but driving. After several completions moving the ball, hand-off to Matt Jones. Breaks to the outside, has a lane and is Stripped of the ball from behind. Stlrs take over and that is the running point in the game.

Sorry peeps

I cast ye OUT!

Compton has 4 tackles for loss, but Foster forces a fourth quarter fumble that's recovered by Norman to seal the game.

The Steelers force the Skins to punt within under 2 mins left. Big Ben finds Antonio Brown across the middle taking them into Skins territory. Boswell kicks a 51 yd FG to win the game with time running out. Ugh. :annoyed:

Preston Smith gets 3 sacks. Jones is disappointing at RB, but Kelley averages >5 ypc, and his key first down in the
4th helps Skins run out the clock.

Jamison Crowder has eight catches for 107 yards and two TDs. Skins win by five.

Two TE's formation.

We run well out of this formation.
Both Reed and Davis catch TD's out of this formation.
Even Niles Paul makes a big play from this formation.
From the FB position.

Matt Jones will show why he was handed the starting job, his 100+ yards and over 4 YPC will provide the balance for the offense to get the win.

Cool idea!

Ziggy Hood, inspired going against his former team, gets 2 sacks on Big Ben and a tackle for loss as part of a D that makes enough stops overall to get the win!

Give us the WHAT, the WHO, and the WHEN.

The BGO member who, in staff's estimation, nails it or comes closest to predicting the 'key to the game' will receive a vintage Redskins keyring in the mail the next week.

Get predicting! :cheers:

WHEN : At the end of the game
WHO : The Redskins
WHAT : will score more points than the Steelers

I'm going to go a little obscure here. I'm going to say that getting an early lead, we stall out with only a 4 point lead (something like 10-6 game) going into Halftime. But midway thru the 3rd qtr., we're forced to punt from around the 50, & Tress Way pins Pittsburgh inside their own 5 yard line they struggle to ever leave their own side of the field for the rest of the game. We finish winning...13-6

EDIT: Scratch that. After pinning them on their side of the field, the Defense stands tall & keeps them there while our Offense takes off & we schellack the Steelers 38-6.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.