• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Josh Doctson Thread

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
I started one of these when we signed Garcon and that turned out pretty well. I'm superstitious, so let's try it again.

It's been easy to forget about him as he recovered from his ankle injury, but that would be a huge mistake.

For starters, here's a highlight video. It's all great, but the plays from the 2:30 mark forward will make you stand up out of your seat.

Help is on the way.

I'm good with this. :)

Oh, and the man needs to get his butt on the field, because as of now this is the only Josh Docston avatar we have.

josh_doctson_1.jpg

We need action shots!

If it's action you want, it's action you shall have.:)

Whats the predictions on how soon he will be a regular on the field? I was assuming it may be a bit delayed due to the injury and no camp work. Maybe a few plays a game to start?

Haven't heard any on-the-field predictions, mostly just getting him 100% stuff and working him back up to snuff.
Tandler tries to show some of his practice work but little else, he doesn't even specify who's throwing to him.
Gruden says he's 'looking good' when he throws to him, for what that's is worth.

Maybe we'll see some five WR sets ;)

I won't be surprised to see him jog on in a red zone situation here and there Monday night ... whether they go to him or not, the Steelers will have to account for the tall guy.

We have six WRs on the roster, and we're only expected to play 5 this weekend.

Desean
Garcon
Crowder

Then two of the following three will suit up:

Grant
Ross
Josh "Action" :) Unintentionally, but hopefully a great sign of things to come....nicknamed by Om.

I think the worst thing we could do is rush back a highly coveted rookie from an Achilles injury. I'd take the team docs recommendations and double them to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh "Action" Docston. I like it.

action_docston.jpg

That's a sick picture.

The CB, standing firmly on the ground, only reaches his ribs with his arms outstretched. Lol

The ball is several feet higher.

Who says it has to rhyme ?
Josh Wings Doctson seems pretty appropriate.
So, is he considered 100%, or what ?

100% enough to be a healthy scratch on Monday Night. :cocksure:

We don't need him Monday night.

We are paying Garcon and Jackson and Reed $28M this year to produce yards and TDs.

We need Josh down the road when a decision looms on Garcon OR Jackson in 2017.

Agreed BT.

However, a red zone score from the kid Monday Night would just contribute to scurrin' the bejeezus out of D-coordinators. :)

100% enough to be a healthy scratch on Monday Night. :cocksure:

Agreed BT.

However, a red zone score from the kid Monday Night would just contribute to scurrin' the bejeezus out of D-coordinators. :)

And he's healthy enough to be an effective decoy, at the very least.
Just having him out there on the field, along with Garcon/Jackson, even if he's just running basic routes, running in circles or just doing jumping jacks in the end zone, or doing pull-ups on the goal-post, forces Pitt to recognize and respect him, and allocate and invest bodies to account for him.

Last edited:
This is one of those scenarios where coaches rightfully don't listen to a damn thing the fans say :) There's zero reason to rush a kid out there in the first game of the season, coming off an Achilles injury, with zero prep time on top of anything else.

Zero.

And no NFL team puts a guy out there as a decoy imho. We have great WRs on our team. You're going to put the guys you know are ready to play out there.

Think some of this is the Christmas morning syndrome, some always want to play with the new toys before they are fully assembled. ;)

I prefer to think of myself as the Ghost of Christmas future...

ghost.jpg

Ian Rapoport is reporting that Josh Doctson is expected to play tonight for the Redskins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.