• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WPC: Whining down the season

Pappas

http://web.warpathconfidential.com/?p=2776

Whining down the season

By John Pappas
Warpath Confidential Editor

Since when did players on the Redskins resort to whining in speaking about a bad season?

Last week we had Albert Haynesworth complaining about the defensive scheme, and defensive coordinator Greg Blache, as if that explains why the Redskins are getting rip to shreds on interior rushes, or why they continue to give up big pass plays on third downs.

And now the latest to sound off on the challenges of this bad season is Jason Campbell. Following the game Sunday, Campbell was interviewed on Comcast and spoke of his frustrations with the year.

“The situation we’ve been put in is super tough” said Campbell. “It’s not a fair position, but at the same time I try not to make any excuses, I try to keep getting up and pushing forward.”

Click the link to read the entire article...

I can't blame Jason too much. Yes, he's outright sucked at times. He still has Santana Eyes at times, which he has only started to lose this season.

But put Montana back there with our line and see what happens. I'd venture to say things wouldn't be much better. He'd be getting trucked, just like Jason.

And God forbid whoever is calling plays would adjust by calling a friggin' roll out, or keeping him in the shotgun for the whole game.

Mind you, I hate bitchin', but in some of these cases these guys have a point.

What we have here is a bad team with out leadership and direction ready for season to end.

Last night watching Chicago play you could see there was still a team effort. The players know Lovie Smith will be back and they played hard.

Biggest differences is the coaches hadn't quit and therefore the players haven't either. Lovie is doing a good job of motivating his players. Zorn and our coaches are too busy getting resumes ready.

Campbell didn't deserve the situation he was put in, but if there need to make best of it. He has to shoulder some of the blame with some of the decisions he's made during games.

As been repeated over and over here...there needs to be a major change in culture at Redskin Park. When Shanahan comes in first thing he needs to do is tell players the fun and games are over. Snyder has to tell the team all football matters stop at the coach. Shanahan needs to hold players accountable. Then maybe we will start to look like a professional football team again.

I can't blame Jason too much. Yes, he's outright sucked at times. He still has Santana Eyes at times, which he has only started to lose this season.

But put Montana back there with our line and see what happens. I'd venture to say things wouldn't be much better. He'd be getting trucked, just like Jason.

And God forbid whoever is calling plays would adjust by calling a friggin' roll out, or keeping him in the shotgun for the whole game.

Mind you, I hate bitchin', but in some of these cases these guys have a point.

Absolutely, Sarge, you nailed a pet peeve of mine-dismissing the idea of whether something may or may nor be true based on who said it. I remember when people jumped all over CP when he complained about Mike Sellers blocking-until a closer look was taken and it turned out he had a legitimate complaint. Yes, CP had a habit of complaining hut that had no bearing on whether what he said was true or not. Haynesworth's recent comments, for example-whiny or not, need to be looked at for validity individually. I think we quite often deceive ourselves or overlook things that may need to be noticed because we dismiss what's being said for insufficient reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.