• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Suggestion Box

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
It's your site--don't hesitate to throw ideas, suggestions and/or constructive criticism our way. If we can agree they would improve the BGO experience, we'll do our best to make it happen.

Just an FYI. The mobile version of the site seems to be working well. You were right when you said it's clean and uncluttered and I've encountered no glitches so far.

Great job guys!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Great - really appreciate the feedback - we obviously could only test that mod on a limited basis until we had real members. Our biggest priority was functionality and ease of use (vs. 'pretty' and 'bells and whistles'). So its great to get some immediate feedback. Keep it coming!

I'm on my Blackberry and I must say the site is awesome. I'm using the Opera mini browser and the site is great through it.

Hey LOD - are you seeing the simplified 'BGO Mobile' skin or does the site appear as it does here...?

Curious as we've only done limited testing with that option :)

on the iPhone using Safari, BGO Mobile skin is displayed. Awful tiny viewing in portrait, fortunately iPhone has landscape capability...

Hey LOD - are you seeing the simplified 'BGO Mobile' skin or does the site appear as it does here...?

Curious as we've only done limited testing with that option :)

I see the simplified BGO mob ile skin. It is displayed perfectly, very smooth. Kudos!

I see the simplified BGO mob ile skin. It is displayed perfectly, very smooth. Kudos!

Me too. Tested it out tonight while at a concert in the part and it worked great on my Blackberry. I was really impressed too. I don't like surfing using my phone and tend to avoid it but this was much better than any other site I have tried. I would have left this message that way if I could have remembered my login. :anonymous:

on the iPhone using Safari, BGO Mobile skin is displayed. Awful tiny viewing in portrait, fortunately iPhone has landscape capability...
Yeah, I noticed the same thing. One other mobile issue. Quoted text is highlighted in red which is awfully difficult to read with black text...especially since the text is very small. Could we perhaps get the default for that changed to something with a bit more contrast, say, yellow or white maybe?

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. One other mobile issue. Quoted text is highlighted in red which is awfully difficult to read with black text...especially since the text is very small. Could we perhaps get the default for that changed to something with a bit more contrast, say, yellow or white maybe?
Makes sense, Yusuf. We'll dig into the code and see what we can do. Thanks for the suggestion ...

I have a serious question.

In the BGO Exclusive area I have seen that Boone made a few threads about players and their bios. Is this just something he wants to do or can we make one too?

I was thinking a Charles Mann or Alvin Walton one personally but I wanna know what the deal is first.
Absolutely you can write retrospectives, Mike. The BGO Exclusives forum was put together with the thought mind to house original content we will be providing--Mike Richman will be doing regular pieces, and the rest of us staff types may try our hand once in a while as well--but we'd certainly be willing to consider posting articles written by BGO members there as well.

We haven't formulated any 'official' policies on that, so we'll go case-by-case until we see how things develop. Please feel free to contact us via PM if you want to talk specifics.

For the record, regardless of where it ends up getting posted, we absolutely encourage you and anyone else who wants to write serious Redskins-related articles to dive in. It's all about the content--let's let that decide where it ends up getting posted. :)

Last edited:
not a suggestion but feedback..

the "visit the enemy" part on the front page is so cool. I never knew every teams link and now all I have to do is click the dropdown box and there it is.

im not a member of the gloryofthepast chargers site simply because i live in SD. ive been welcomed (as much as tomgiantsfan) over there.

thanks for that..your ideas are awesome
Glad you like it, Mike. I'm going to be getting some serious use out of that one myself. I used to have a bookmarks section loaded with links to different NFL team sites, but it was a pain to maintain and didn't help me much when I was at work or using my laptop. No more ... this thing is one-stop shopping and far more comprehensive a collection than I ever had.

Big ups to Boone--that was his brainchild.

any countdown clocks coming back, they were always cool back in the day?

Will there also be a classified section or trading post?
You mean like the countdown clock to opening day on the front page (right column, half way down), brother? ;)

A Classified/Trading post is a good idea. We'll bat it around and come up with something that works for BGO. Good lookin' out ...

Yusuf, I can change the colors in the BGO Mobile code - just a matter of finding the right one.... I'll get on that for you...

John

Okay - I've changed the burgundy background for quoted text to bright yellow - you shouldn't have any problem reading now :)

You may have to log out and log back in on your portable device to see the change (I did). Let me know if that's better...

Okay - I've changed the burgundy background for quoted text to bright yellow - you shouldn't have any problem reading now :)

You may have to log out and log back in on your portable device to see the change (I did). Let me know if that's better...
...better by perhaps only a factor of 1000 or so. Now you'll have to deal with the ire of my opthamologist who was no doubt expecting a "stimulus package" of his own out of the black on burgundy text. :)

Many thanks bro. :cheers:

Thanks for letting me know! And glad I could take care of it :)

FYI the arcade is a boatload of fun. In particular, I love the interactive nature of the setup. I'm also glad to see you all have brought back NFL Pick 'em. You know I'm all about that.

Overall, you guys are doing a great job. The content, layout and overall "feel" of the place is great!

Appreciate it, Yusuf. I have to admit I even dragged my stogy old self over to the Arcade yesterday and owned me a couple of championships. I like those little trophies, what can I say?

On a more serious note ... we talked about it numerous times while putting the place together; you can build a house to look as pretty as you want, but in the end it's still just a house. It's when the family settles in and starts building memories that it becomes a home. That's where you folks come in, and we become the ones saying thank you. :)

Thanks Yusuf, I know you're not one to throw around praise lightly - so that means a lot! I can't wait till we get a few more folks playing the Arcade - not only can you challenge someone 1 on 1 on a given game (just click on their username and you'll see the option to issue a challenge) but you can set up and play 2, 4, or 8 man tournaments on any game in the Arcade....definitely fun.

I've got a Skeeball thing I'm probably going to have to seek professional help with....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.