• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Suggestion Box

Have you considered enabling the reputation system for vbulletin? A site I used to post on used it; it didn't go over as well as it should have, but that was entirely based on the type of people who visited the forum. I think it might actually work well here - but this may have already been brought up...

One thing I'd like to see would be notifications when someone quotes you in a post. They have that feature on the "other site" and it was actually quite convenient and useful.

It's also buggy as hell. Not sure if that's an issue with the actual plugin or something specific with the other setup.

One thing I'd like to see would be notifications when someone quotes you in a post. They have that feature on the "other site" and it was actually quite convenient and useful.

I believe that's a vBulletin version 4 features (we're still on version 3 here). We will likely bite the bullet and upgrade to 4 after this season so you'll have that before long.

tshile said:
Have you considered enabling the reputation system for vbulletin? A site I used to post on used it; it didn't go over as well as it should have, but that was entirely based on the type of people who visited the forum. I think it might actually work well here - but this may have already been brought up...

We're aware of that option - but we're not big fans of it.

OK, forgive me for sounding like Generation Facebook, but is their some way we could incorporate some sort of a "like" feature?

There are a lot of times that I'd like to acknowledge a strong post, without blogging it, or cluttering the board with a compliment -- but not adding any substance.

Just a thought.

And a good one. There are a few mods out there with that kind of functionality...we'll keep an eye out for one that is compatible with our coolness quotient. :)

OK, forgive me for sounding like Generation Facebook, but is their some way we could incorporate some sort of a "like" feature?

There are a lot of times that I'd like to acknowledge a strong post, without blogging it, or cluttering the board with a compliment -- but not adding any substance.

Just a thought.

This is one I would use too. Often I appreciate what someone is saying but dont have the time nor inclination to comment. Good thought

Have you guys considered enabling ssl on the site so logins are encrypted instead of everything being transmitted in plain text? Right now they are on sale for 5/year through go daddy, they're normally 20/year.

The site obviously isn't full of top secrete stuff (although I admittedly don't know what goes on in the owners forum :) ) but it's a basic security thing and since they're on sale for super cheap right now I thought I'd mention it.

I guess I'd need to be convinced that there was any true benefit Travis. Certainly will keep this suggestion in mind though...

:whoknows:

This smiley doesn't exactly convey its true meaning with a white background.

I guess that one sailed waaaay over my head Mike....

As president of the Al Morris Fan Club, I humbly request an Alfred Morris avatar. :)

It's open Mike.

As president of the Al Morris Fan Club, I humbly request an Alfred Morris avatar. :)

I don't know how to upload photos to the avatar suggestion gallery, but here are a few Alfred Morris suggestions:

morris.jpg

dancingdats.jpg

alfred-morris-ap.jpg

play_difference_nfl_11.jpg

136990-650-366.jpg

d161356988391.jpg

Any chance we can get the TV spoilers thread removed from the new posts list on the right side? I know you guys did that with the PA, but I'm not sure if it's a huge PITA to do a single thread vs a whole subforum.

It's not a big deal - I can simply collapse the section. Just curious. :cheers:

Any chance we can get the TV spoilers thread removed from the new posts list on the right side? I know you guys did that with the PA, but I'm not sure if it's a huge PITA to do a single thread vs a whole subforum.

It's not a big deal - I can simply collapse the section. Just curious. :cheers:

There's no way to do that with existing functionality (although we would if we could). The only ways to exclude content is by user group or by forum, not by thread. IF you guys wanted me to move that thread to the PA forum (I guess it could be considered a 'controversial topic') that would take care of it, since we hide that sub forums posts from sidebar view (frankly, because some of the posts there are embarrassing and we don't want those to be the first posts a new member sees). Let me know if the consensus is to make it a PA thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.