• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Suggestion Box

question; and you can tell me to piss off with it and its no big deal but when I log on from my phone (which is most of the time) and click new posts I will see the same story from SOW, Matt Terl, WP, ESPN, PFT, etc.

do we have a way of downsizing (or a want to) and getting just the main ones we all use? i dont know how that looks but it would help a lot.

I'm not sure I'm following you Mike - what do you mean 'click new posts I will see the same story'?? Are you saying that it's not updating for you?

I will see if I can get the tapatalk thing working for you tshiles. We are looking at vbulletin's mobile suite - it looks pretty high speed, but requires some pre-work using Mac publisher that we would have to outsource - and it's expensive. We've spent a lot of $$ on the site the past 2 years, between chat software, and a Facebook integration app that we're installing as we speak (you'll be able to see forum/thread content right on facebook). So we'd probably be looking at next year to even think about the mobile suite option.

If you need help with money, let us know. We can pitch in where it is needed.

We've got some fundraising efforts coming - you might want to check out BGO Classifieds in the t-shirt section for a sneak peek :)

Can we set up tapatalk? This is the only forum I don't have on tapatalk for my phone, so I don't get to read it :(

http://tapatalk.com/index.php

I believe you just sign up for an account, download the plugin, and install it to the board. It's free to have it show up in the app.

If you need help with any of it let me know. I'm a sys admin, so I'm always willing to help with this sort of thing.

Let me know if you think it's doable or not :)

edit: also, i wasn't sure if it should go in this thread or not. if you want it moved for feedback purposes just let me know!

Thanks!

I've installed Tapatalk and you should be able to access BGO using it now. I'm don't think it'll impact our current mobile skin, but will have to check on that. Tshile - if you don't mind testing it for me and letting me know how it looks, functions, etc... I'd appreciate it.

I installed the Tapatalk app on my blackberry, immediately found BGObsession, and it's working perfectly. Very cool mobile option - thanks for asking about it tshile :cheers: Only downside is not being able to change the color scheme/appearance without paying big bucks.

Back to being a non-option again. Just tried to update the BBQ mock thread and it is still stuck on the third mock - a fourth has been added and it won't allow me to update.

I agree that would be convenient. I've gone through our Admin Panel, and also researched it. Based on how we have permissions currently set - you should be able to edit your thread titles, but obviously it's not working for some reason. I'll see if I can find out why you aren't able to do that on threads you started.
Looking into it....I believe we did set it to time out after a while....and I'm sure the reason for it made good sense at the time. :)
BB,

Have you tried going into Advanced after hitting the Edit button? Just a thought. Even as an Admin, that is how I have to do it.
Okay, I've changed the default settings to allow all registered members to edit their own thread titles indefinitely. To do so, hit the Go Advanced button when editing and you should see a Thread Title field above the text box. Enjoy, and please edit advisedly. :)

If it makes you feel better BB, it won't change for me either. I'll try to look into this today. Not sure what the issue is.

I installed the Tapatalk app on my blackberry, immediately found BGObsession, and it's working perfectly. Very cool mobile option - thanks for asking about it tshile :cheers: Only downside is not being able to change the color scheme/appearance without paying big bucks.

i guess i forgot my password, so it took waiting for the timemout to test :)

seems to be working great. thanks for installing the plugin!

yeah, i wish you could change the color scheme, i didn't even know it was an option if you payed money.

thanks again :)

nah, what I mean is when we signed Leigh Torrence I logged on to BGO thru my phone and saw at least 7 different threads about it. BGO, WaPo, SOW, Matt Terl, etc. It just feels like the same story over and over. If not, its all good obviously. I was just hoping for the sake of scrolling. Its more a "bitchy whiny" request than anything.

Oh - okay - gotcha...that's just because we have a number of RSS feeds that are pulling similar stories. I can dial those back or eliminate some when I get a chance, it'll just mean we won't get some of the less high profile stories that are only on a specific site.

Dude - it's good feedback. I need to clean up the RSS feeds anyway - I'll take a look at it this weekend and try and find a balance. It's all good.

I'm with Mike (assuming I'm understanding his suggestion correctly). I log in and see 235 new posts, and then 230 of them are random blogs. Then when you revisit the site in a couple hours, the same ones are still considered "new posts." I read some of them, so I appreciate the feature, but I do think it could be scaled back a bit. Maybe by a member vote?

Could we move Redskins related blogs into the members blog area and have it called Member/Redskins Related Blogs? Not sure if that would help, but I would hate to lose some good blogs and team related information.

One other thing...

I have been downloading and testing apps for my phone to see if it can improve my forum and internet surfing experience. Maybe this is something that others can test for their own phones. Just do a google search on that phone and search for apps that can enhance internet options. Most are free and easy to use.

I'm with Mike (assuming I'm understanding his suggestion correctly). I log in and see 235 new posts, and then 230 of them are random blogs. Then when you revisit the site in a couple hours, the same ones are still considered "new posts." I read some of them, so I appreciate the feature, but I do think it could be scaled back a bit. Maybe by a member vote?

It's not a matter of what we *want* to do on this, it's a matter of what we *can* do. Unlike the vast majority of functionality, the 'New Posts' section cannot be customized in any way. Unlike the front page 'Latest Discussions' section, we can't alter which new posts it pulls to 'New Posts'.

So we either give you access to the news feeds, or we get rid of them. The only other option I have is to terminate some of those feeds so there's less volume.

I'd also stress that if this is a big issue for you, you may want to use some other entry point to perusing the site other than using 'new posts' - such as going directly to our two major forums.

Testing BGO facebook posting

I suggest we change some names to the following:

BGObssesion.com = RGIIIObsession.com
Sons of Washington Forum = RGIII Forum
5 O'Clock Forum = RGIII's Socks Forum
Political Asylum Form = The non-RGIII Forum
NFL Forum = Teams Who Wish They had RGIII Forum
The Beltway Boys Forum = DC Teams Who Don't have RGIII Forum
Member Blogs = Members Writing about RGIII (also a new nickname for the Post?)
BG Oracle = Not necessary, RGIII is now the answer to everything

Let me know what you think. :D :D

Jaimie, that was awesome!

And Mike, I think that's a phenomenal idea.

(Not that my opinion on anything matters to anyone!) :)

I suggest we change some names to the following:

BGObssesion.com = RGIIIObsession.com
Sons of Washington Forum = RGIII Forum
5 O'Clock Forum = RGIII's Socks Forum
Political Asylum Form = The non-RGIII Forum
NFL Forum = Teams Who Wish They had RGIII Forum
The Beltway Boys Forum = DC Teams Who Don't have RGIII Forum
Member Blogs = Members Writing about RGIII (also a new nickname for the Post?)
BG Oracle = Not necessary, RGIII is now the answer to everything

Let me know what you think. :D :D

I'm demanding that you post that in the 5 O'Clock forum. I mean, the RGIII's Socks Forum :)

crazy idea...much like the Blognostications what if we did a "post game report" for after victories with a writer each week. something to provide stats, wrap up, insight, etc.

I like it - although we struggle every season finding guys who are willing to do the Blognostications segments for the year, so I'm skeptical we could fill every week.

I think it would be better if we could find someone willing to do a recurring post-game wrap-up blog of their own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.