• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Suggestion Box

Mike, that does not happen automatically to date. One of the admins has to move the thread to get it from Newstand to SoW (which we do when we see one that has been posted to).

Making it automatic is something I believe is being looked at for the future.

When you say you 'log in' to the homepage, do you mean you are logging in and out each time you visit the site, or do you just mean when you enter the site auto-logged in? Either way, I think that's likely a browser thing on your end - there isn't any kind of a setting thing we can adjust as far as I know. We'll be glad to verify that though.

Switch servers! Even BGO Lite is crraaaawwwwllliiiiinnnng lately, not to mention all the repeated "database errors" and what not. :(

We don't have an independent server - we're on a shared server currently - with one of the biggest hosting sites in the US. There are always going to be occasional hiccups when you run a website.

Unless you guys all want to pay $19.95 a year to have site access, we'll have to live with occasional tech issues. We don't make money on the site and have spent far more to date out of pocket than we've generated. A dedicated high speed server is beyond our means unless we become a paid membership only site.

Honestly, you can count on 1 hand the # of times we've been down, and we really haven't had a chronic issue with slow load times, or other issues.

Maybe time to clear out the RSS feed again? Even BGO Lite is crawling lately. :(

Would like for the original thread creator to have the ability to edit the title of said thread. This will allow for orderly updates and eliminate confusion about a thread that has gone through needed changes.

I agree that would be convenient. I've gone through our Admin Panel, and also researched it. Based on how we have permissions currently set - you should be able to edit your thread titles, but obviously it's not working for some reason. I'll see if I can find out why you aren't able to do that on threads you started.

I agree that would be convenient. I've gone through our Admin Panel, and also researched it. Based on how we have permissions currently set - you should be able to edit your thread titles, but obviously it's not working for some reason. I'll see if I can find out why you aren't able to do that on threads you started.

I asked about this awhile ago, and Om (I believe) said he set it so you could change it for the first 24 hours only. Not exactly sure why that was (can't remember his response), but he had a reason for it.

Looking into it....I believe we did set it to time out after a while....and I'm sure the reason for it made good sense at the time. :)

BB,

Have you tried going into Advanced after hitting the Edit button? Just a thought. Even as an Admin, that is how I have to do it.

Okay, I've changed the default settings to allow all registered members to edit their own thread titles indefinitely. To do so, hit the Go Advanced button when editing and you should see a Thread Title field above the text box. Enjoy, and please edit advisedly. :)

Works like a charm. I was able to update the BBQ mock draft thread earlier today. Thanks for making the change.

Can we set up tapatalk? This is the only forum I don't have on tapatalk for my phone, so I don't get to read it :(

http://tapatalk.com/index.php

I believe you just sign up for an account, download the plugin, and install it to the board. It's free to have it show up in the app.

If you need help with any of it let me know. I'm a sys admin, so I'm always willing to help with this sort of thing.

Let me know if you think it's doable or not :)

edit: also, i wasn't sure if it should go in this thread or not. if you want it moved for feedback purposes just let me know!

Thanks!

I will take a look at it, tshile. No promises but it will get looked into.

Heck, it won't take a Nokia smartphone. Bah. Nokia is not supported by vBulletin anyway - it is a bear to make it work in here. Looks like Tapa is like other apps - for a few "sexy named" smartphones" only.

You can't just direct your phone's browser to the site? The mobile site works very well for me.
Yes, I could do that.

But i've already purchased tapatalk and all my other forums are in there, adding this to it would be real convenient for me. It'd also be nice for anyone else with tapatalk.

I only suggest it because it's a free plugin that takes just a few minutes (from my understanding) to enable. If it was anything more I wouldn't even bother, and if they decide not to mess with it I would certainly understand :)

Heck, it won't take a Nokia smartphone. Bah. Nokia is not supported by vBulletin anyway - it is a bear to make it work in here. Looks like Tapa is like other apps - for a few "sexy named" smartphones" only.
I'm assuming you're using a windows phone 7 nokia, if so you can use this
http://www.board-express.com/

it's an app that works with the tapatalk plugin from the forum. costs the same as the tapatalk app, not sure why they haven't developed for wp7 yet... i've never used it, so i'd read the reviews before actually purchasing if you were considering it.

I use the Ovi Suite and not Win7 on the smartphone. I have the N900 - Nokia's top of the line. 32 GB of storage, 5 MP camera, HD video recording, GPS, etc., etc., etc. Better than all of the sexy names stuff, but it is not a sexy name - so it is not supported by vBulletin or tapa.

I'd still take this phone over the others - it is a better product and I can still do a lot with it. Thanks for the help though.

But i've already purchased tapatalk and all my other forums are in there, adding this to it would be real convenient for me. It'd also be nice for anyone else with tapatalk.

Gotchya, didn't realize it was something you purchased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.