• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Suggestion Box

Definitely appreciate the praise Yusuf--and glad you've joined us.

Thanks Yusuf, I know you're not one to throw around praise lightly - so that means a lot! I can't wait till we get a few more folks playing the Arcade - not only can you challenge someone 1 on 1 on a given game (just click on their username and you'll see the option to issue a challenge) but you can set up and play 2, 4, or 8 man tournaments on any game in the Arcade....definitely fun.

I've got a Skeeball thing I'm probably going to have to seek professional help with....

This is what scares me about becoming a premium member.......

The site is bad enough. If I had access to the arcade, I'dd never get any work done :laugh:

Maybe it is just me, Sarge but I don't have an issue leaving it alone during the day. Late at night though...well, let's just say that Boone's dominance of the Skeeball Top 10 has me a bit preoccupied. :cool4:

Last edited:
How about a stickied thread in the, ahem, Five O'Clock Club, for members to welcome and shoot the shit with new members as they join?

I'd be nice to have one dedicated place to do that.

Good idea, Chris--done.

BTW. as to the name of that forum, we're still trying to find a proper image.

It's all about the details man. :)

How about a stickied thread in the, ahem, Five O'Clock Club, for members to welcome and shoot the shit with new members as they join?

I'd be nice to have one dedicated place to do that.

! We can cuss in here????

Just an observation, The header being in flash format seems to slow the page loading times depending on the time of day. Quite sure that some of the less fortunate people without broadband may be experiencing very slow page load times.

The first of Carlin's seven has already made it through. :anonymous:
Just an oversight. **** happens. :cool:

Just an observation, The header being in flash format seems to slow the page loading times depending on the time of day. Quite sure that some of the less fortunate people without broadband may be experiencing very slow page load times.
We're aware that the front page can hang up at times, but hadn't heard or experienced problems on any other pages. If you run into any, please let us know via PM. If we start to see any patterns it might help figure the best way to deal with the issue ...

I think I may have found a little bug.

I'm using a BB with the Opera mini browser. When I select a new post and it takes me to page 2 and beyond when I try to select the previous page or the 1st page of the post it doesn't take me but rather it refreshes the current page.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Any chance that you'll eventually recreate a version of the old Games Database? I used to love that feature.

Any chance that you'll eventually recreate a version of the old Games Database? I used to love that feature.

It's crossed our minds :) The software piece of it isn't hard - it's locating and plugging in the data itself that's a pretty daunting task. Lets just say it's something we'll look at ....

From what I've heard, all the data is sitting at redskinsdb dot com and redskinsdb dot player.asp ready to be plucked. Not an easy task or small task, but easier and quicker than doing it the way it was done the first time...

In fact, I've already taken the liberty of lifting the A through Z player data from the players page a couple months ago. I've got it all saved in a text file. The individual player data with colleges and years attended and hometown and what-not still needs to be plucked.

A few volunteers would help.

I volunteer to do all the players on page A, just to start things off.

Of course, there's all the game data too. My point is, it's not really lost. It's there, waiting.

I would like to reserve a right to also broadcast the finished product on ES in honor and in respect for DH.

Mods/staff: please edit this post as you deem necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys...

How about a UserCP setting that notifies you when somebody uses the "quote my post" button? I would have paid for this to be added to that "other" site to help address anyone who commented on specifically what I said...without having to weed through all the other bs. IMO it would promote more comeback to threads where we simply do not have the time to drill through every single post and promote more discussion too. At least from me.

Just a thought... Keep up the good work!

Not sure vB has the means to do that since I've never seen it anywhere else. It would be nice though...

You can do just about anything - its just php coding. The BG Overdrive feature in the football forums? Total custom coding job.

So DM, what you're asking for is a mod where you click the user cp, and there's an option called 'My Quoted Posts' - which when clicked takes you to a list of any posts where one of your posts was quoted by another member - that it?

From what I've heard, all the data is sitting at redskinsdb dot com and redskinsdb dot player.asp ready to be plucked. Not an easy task or small task, but easier and quicker than doing it the way it was done the first time...

In fact, I've already taken the liberty of lifting the A through Z player data from the players page a couple months ago. I've got it all saved in a text file. The individual player data with colleges and years attended and hometown and what-not still needs to be plucked.

A few volunteers would help.

I volunteer to do all the players on page A, just to start things off.

Of course, there's all the game data too. My point is, it's not really lost. It's there, waiting.

I would like to reserve a right to also broadcast the finished product on ES in honor and in respect for DH.

Mods/staff: please edit this post as you deem necessary
Appreciate the generous offer, brother. Games and player databases are definitely things we've talked about and will incorporate at some point--it's just a matter of time and priorities. We have ideas about some different ways we'd like to set up and present them, we just haven't worked it all through yet. One thing we do know ... when we do 'go there' it will be unique to BGO, not indistinguishable from the original ES version, as the redskins.db version turned out to be. I still marvel at that sometimes.

Hey guys...

How about a UserCP setting that notifies you when somebody uses the "quote my post" button? I would have paid for this to be added to that "other" site to help address anyone who commented on specifically what I said...without having to weed through all the other bs. IMO it would promote more comeback to threads where we simply do not have the time to drill through every single post and promote more discussion too. At least from me.

Just a thought... Keep up the good work!
Love it. Consider this one on The List. :)

Last edited:
You can do just about anything - its just php coding. The BG Overdrive feature in the football forums? Total custom coding job.

So DM, what you're asking for is a mod where you click the user cp, and there's an option called 'My Quoted Posts' - which when clicked takes you to a list of any posts where one of your posts was quoted by another member - that it?

Yeah I list or just like a subscribed thread or IM you could kick out an email option? I dunno, kick it around a little and see what you guys think. Thanks for the replies guys. :claps:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.