• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Knightingale and Wife do Route66 - Any hints or tips?

Knightingale

The Team Captain
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Hi folks of BGO!

I could be way off base, but I'd wager that most of you lovely people here on BGO live in the U.S.

My wife and I are starting a bucket list trip doing Route 66 next week. Chicago to LA (with a possible small diversion to Lambeau field because my other half is a Packers fan!)

With that in mind, have any of you guys got any handy hints, tips, advise etc for us as we hit the road.

Anything would be helpful.

What are the best Motels to stop at? Any advice about things to see or try on the route? Local delicacies? Where to buy Gas? What to avoid? Long distance road driving in the US tips? What will the weather likely be like across the different states? What will we need cash for? How much are pre paid phones for us to get one while we're there?

Anything you can think of that would be helpful, gratefully received.

Also... if by any sheer fluke any of you live in OKC then we'll be stopping off there for a couple of days to meet our friend Tex. Be warned he's an avid Cowboys fan, but a really lovely bloke. We've had a wonderful good natured banterous relationship for years.

So... what have you got you wonderful collective mass of people?

:D

Whatever you do along the way, make sure to see the Grand Canyon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.