• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2016 NCAA Football Thread

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
As much as I love NFL football, I think the every Saturday games in NCAA are much better football. I simply don't have the passion for the Seminoles as I do for the Redskins.

Here's the AP top 25 poll to get the season started. Glad to see our Noles ranked so high, hope they can maintain the long season...so much youth last year and they still competed.

The AP Top 25 Poll | NCAA College Football

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. OU
4. FSU
5. LSU

Love NCAA football ... you can count several exciting games per week, given the smorgasbord of available games from Thurs night through late Sat night West Coast games. Saturdays in the fall are great---if I'm home doing projects/chores, I'll have games on all day and watch bits and pieces of them as I come and go.

As for my Hokies, this year we start the post-Beamer Era. Frank is to VT football what Lombardi was to Green Bay---pretty much literally put us on the map. Glad they've gone with a young, "hot" replacement in Justin Fuente. He gets at least a couple of years honeymoon to try to refocus the program, put his own brand/style on everything from style of play to recruiting, and see if he can take the program to the next level.

Bring it on.

Keep an eye on Derwin James from FSU. He is a true sophomore and is being named on first team pre-season All-America lists. As I've been saying since last year, he is the only college player I've seen that compares to Sean Taylor in every way.

From ESPN:

[h=3]SS: Derwin James, Florida State[/h]The sophomore could probably be an All-American at safety, linebacker and even defensive end. Florida State will move its gifted defensive back all over the field to take advantage of his unique athleticism and strength.

Last edited:
As much as I love NFL football, I think the every Saturday games in NCAA are much better football. I simply don't have the passion for the Seminoles as I do for the Redskins.

Here's the AP top 25 poll to get the season started. Glad to see our Noles ranked so high, hope they can maintain the long season...so much youth last year and they still competed.

The AP Top 25 Poll | NCAA College Football

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. OU
4. FSU
5. LSU

Halloween weekend in Tallahasee vs Clemson should be epic.

Halloween weekend in Tallahasee vs Clemson should be epic.

It will be interesting to see how Deondre Francios does and if MacGuire will ever see the field again. After the injury last year, he'll miss the first 2 games at least, with another injury.

I just can't wait to see what the best RB in college football last year will do again this year. If we could somehow get Dalvin Cook here in DC, this year? Haha!

Going out on a limb here. The SEC will produce the NCAA champion next January.

Keep an eye on Derwin James from FSU. He is a true sophomore and is being named on first team pre-season All-America lists. As I've been saying since last year, he is the only college player I've seen that compares to Sean Taylor in every way.

From ESPN:

[h=3]SS: Derwin James, Florida State[/h]The sophomore could probably be an All-American at safety, linebacker and even defensive end. Florida State will move its gifted defensive back all over the field to take advantage of his unique athleticism and strength.

Other players I'm going to keep an eye for, not necessarily as Redskins' prospects, but for the intrigue or excitement.

Trent Murphy's towering 6'7 little brother Connor, USC Freshman.
And Christian McCaffrey.

Other players I'm going to keep an eye for, not necessarily as Redskins' prospects, but for the intrigue or excitement.

Trent Murphy's towering 6'7 little brother Connor, USC Freshman.
And Christian McCaffrey.

Unless Dalvin Cook runs for 2000 yards like he can, McCaffrey is a strong bet for the Heisman, there is little to no chance we end up in the top 5 to get a talent as good as McCaffrey.

I love it when over rated teams get upset!

Wisconsin beats LSU.

Houston beats Oklahoma.

UCLA needed a miracle to take it to OT against an unranked team...they're in OT now.
Edit: And the Aggies win!

Last edited:
Alabama.jpg

Classes are optional. Roll Idiots!

Unless Dalvin Cook runs for 2000 yards like he can, McCaffrey is a strong bet for the Heisman, there is little to no chance we end up in the top 5 to get a talent as good as McCaffrey.

McCaffrey was Boss last night.
If the Heisman voting was held this week, he'd take it easily.
Too bad his 97 yard punt return was called back.

Meanwhile, the Texas Longhorns...an unranked team...beat the over rated, over hyped Notre Dame Fightless Irish!

I love seeing the polls shattered!

Now, I hope my Seminoles don't fall victim to the hype I have been laughing about all weekend! Big game tonight!

GO NOLES!!!

This first Q has been brutal, I do not see FSU going to the playoffs with this young QB.

Lol... They're down by 7 - I don't think the season is over yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that sounds like some familiar Redskin fans talk :

"Season's over ! We're doomed ! Fire Gruden ! Start talking next year's draft !!"
"Wait, we're only down 7-0 in the first quarter of the first game"

Lol... They're down by 7 - I don't think the season is over yet!

That kid looks lost, has not thrown a single pass on target, and lacks vision. There were a lot of question marks going into the season about him, they have all been on display so far. If he continues to play this poorly, we won't win this game, much less stay in the top 5. It's a simple statement, and true.

No one is saying fire Jimbo Fisher, and I have never said fire Gruden. No one is saying season is over, simply that we may be one of the over rated teams I was laughing about all weekend losing their opener.

It just looks like the concerns about the freshman QB are legit.

He does. But he doesn't look any worse than the entire defense which is getting absolutely shredded.

This kid looks terrible. He has under thrown, over thrown plays that are wide open. Dalvin should not have dropped the TD, but if you watch where the ball was thrown to begin with...he had to come back and lean down to catch it. Had he been hit remotely close to stride, he doesn't have to adjust. Rudolph should have caught the TD in the flat, but it was thrown low.

This kid has not put one ball where it needs to be.

WTF?!?!?!?!!?!?

This is embarrassing! I wondered if a #4 ranking was warranted, but kept hearing we were that good. No we're not.

If they do not put Sean McGuire in for the 2nd half after this kid's terrible performance, we'll continue to get routed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.