• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2016 NCAA Football Thread

Not like you're playing Richmond :) Ole Miss is 11th ranked for a reason. And their QB is a baller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not like you're playing Richmond :) Ole Miss is 11th ranked for a reason. And their QB is a baller.

I'm not worried about the defense, it's college football. It's the terrible play on offense, most importantly the QB and OL. It has been absolutely terrible. If they score TD's both times they were in the red zone, and get at least 3 off the INT in the 1st Q this is a totally different ball game.

Nice drive going here

That was a nice drive by a young QB - and he's getting gang rushed every time he's dropping back. He got nailed on that TD but made the throw.

You're just spoiled :)

It's a 1 score game if the RB doesn't make that mistake.

That was a nice drive by a young QB - and he's getting gang rushed every time he's dropping back. He got nailed on that TD but made the throw.

You're just spoiled :)

I still think McGuire should be starting. He is the same type of QB Ole Miss' Kelly is, waited behind Jameis, then they brought someone else in last year, he still took the position and now he's sitting there again...waiting. Not sure why Jimbo keeps doing this to him, but he's the coach so he knows something I don't.

It's a 1 score game if the RB doesn't make that mistake.

Yeah, but had the ball been throwing better, not near dirt, Dalvin would have already had control of the ball. You're right...Cook made a mistake, but it was a poorly thrown ball he had to make a good catch, pull it in, but lost control doing something he shouldn't have had to do in the first place...had the ball been thrown correctly.

Edit: Not to mention the terrible penalties.

No one ever accused me of being hasty.

Wow! Worked through the nerves, started hitting targets, coaches called a great 2nd half offensively and defensively!

I am shocked!

Yep, Ole Misstake showed up in the second half. The Billy Bobs and Jim Billys down here are going to beat their wives and girlfriends tonight.

Very entertaining game and a fun first weekend of football. A lot of action and comebacks. That FSU QB has been heralded here locally for years. He's going to be fun to watch.

Geez BB, I hope not.

He got his nerve and performed admirably...until he wins a National Championship, lets' hold off on the rhetoric. He still made some poor throws in the second half and was saved by his receivers.

The one thing I will give him, he is more explosive than Jameis, and that will go a long way if opposing teams crowd the box to stop Dalvin and we have to air it out like they did last night. When he churned off that first long run last night on the broken play, you could tell the defense became heavy footed the rest of the game.

I have every reason to believe that Virginia could go 0-12 this year.

Other players I'm going to keep an eye for, not necessarily as Redskins' prospects, but for the intrigue or excitement.

Trent Murphy's towering 6'7 little brother Connor, USC Freshman.
And Christian McCaffrey.

Coincidentally, these 2 players/teams face each other tonite on national tv.
Will Connor's 6'7 frame be able to reach out long enough to catch the speedy little McCaffrey ?
Or will Connor even get in the game, since he's so inexperienced in college ? :(

Well, looks like my Noles fell victim to the hype I was admonishing a couple weeks ago...that was embarrassing!

We shouldn't fall out of the top 10, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.