• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Binge Watch List

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
I know we have several TV-related threads. But there are some shows/series that just lend themselves to 'binge watching'.

Band of Brothers
Breaking Bad
The Sopranos

Currently, having a pretty case of the 'Man Cold' (Hey Om - you got the crud I've got by any chance?), I'm in mid-binge with the 'Deadwood' series. My wife would never watch it, due to the effing frequent use of the eff bomb. Not sure why that bothers her, Lord knows it's a commonly expressed term by yours truly, but she just won't watch something if there's a lot of profanity. It's been years since I watched Deadwood. Truly a great show though.

What are your favorite 'binge watch' shows? And which ones do you have flagged for future binge viewing?

Game of Thrones. Not my usual genre so I ignored the hype for years. While bored two summers ago I decided to give it a try and ended up watching all the seasons available at the time...in about a week.

The Wire...easily the best show HBO has ever produced other than Band of Brothers. And yes, I think it was better than Game of Thrones and The Sopranos. And Deadwood is easily in the top 10 of Cable Series.

I ended up watching Stranger Things. I wasn't as excited about the series as many other have expressed, however...as a product of the 80's this show was definitely the first series/movie I've seen in a long time that could invoke such nostalgia. It was good.

Others rave about Sons of Anarchy, but I was only mildly entertained. Just extremely difficult to suspend disbelief with that one.

I believe The Wire is the best television series ever aired.

SOA though entertaining, was ridiculously far-fetched. They piled up more bodies in Charming than armies did in World Wars.

House of Cards of course. We binged Veep over a few weeks. Friday Night Lights was fun that way. Hell, we binged the Good Wife a year ago and loved it. I'm working through Justified right now.

Breaking Bad is interesting. We binged it, sort of, over two years. It got too intense so we took breaks to recover then picked it up again later.

We don't really watch anything week to week anymore. Now that the Night Of is getting close to wrapping, we'll pick it back up again so we can watch it uninterrupted.

Oh, and Stranger Things was a blast. So much nostalgia.

In addition to the series mentioned above, Peaky Blinders.

I tried Peaky Blinders, but lost interest. I might have to give it another shot. It was the same thing with Breaking Bad for me.

Boone, I think you mentioned it in TV Show Discussion thread, but Bloodline is binge worthy.

And if mindless, male juvenile behavior is for you, Entourage is definitely a binge worthy series.

I've watched plenty of Entourage. If you stopped Breaking Bad and haven't watched the whole series, you are missing out on one of the top 3 Television Series ever. It's that good. And maybe the best finale ever.

Yeah I watched 4 seasons of TWD in a weekend....I'm not proud.

Another is 'Spartacus'.....the series finale was fantastically written and executed.

Currently binging at a MUCH slower rate ''its always sunny in Philadelphia'.

They're not for everyone, but I liked Dexter and Six Feet Under.

I recently binged hell on wheels and a couple of Netflix shows...stranger things, and Copper. Copper takes place in civil war era NYC .

I've watched plenty of Entourage. If you stopped Breaking Bad and haven't watched the whole series, you are missing out on one of the top 3 Television Series ever. It's that good. And maybe the best finale ever.

I'M the one who knocks.

The Wire is my all-time favorite show ever. I'm actually about to start it again. Absolutely incredible, no show has lived up to it since.

I binge-watched "Stranger Things" too. It was entertaining, and the 80's nostalgia was great. I'd recommend even though it's not in my top series of all time.

I really need to watch the rest of Breaking Bad. I stopped mid season 2 because I saw a squirrel and shiny object. No, I don't know why, I need to finish it.

I really need to watch the rest of Breaking Bad. I stopped mid season 2 because I saw a squirrel and shiny object. No, I don't know why, I need to finish it.

Finish it!

Imma casual fan of 'The Strain', I believe they started season 3 today.

Anyone wanting to watch a pretty good whodunnit, The Nigh Of on HBO has concluded it's 8 episode series. It*was pretty good, another well crafted show with plenty to make you think.

LOVED that show!

If you can get it stateside check out 'Luther' with Idris Elba in it.

I LOVED that show. They're typically British short seasons, about 6 episodes per season so you can watch them without getting bored. LOL

The last Season was a little bit of a let down for me, but the first three are awesome.

Stranger Things is worth a watch. It's only 8 episodes in length, and can be finished before MNF. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.