• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WPC: Worst in a while

Pappas

http://web.warpathconfidential.com/?p=2768

Worst in a while

By John Pappas
Warpath Confidential Editor

The Redskins wrapped up home games for the year at FedEx Field Sunday with another embarrassing loss to a division foe. This time, they got blanked by arch-rival Dallas, 17-0. It was the rancid cherry on top for putrid Redskins football at FedEx this year, leaving Washington 4-11 going into the final week of the season. Thankfully, the season will end this Sunday in San Diego, when the Redskins face the Chargers.

Regardless of what happens in San Diego, Washington wrapped up a decade of mediocrity Sunday. The Redskins are 40-40 since 2000 at FedEx Field. The past 10 years have treated fans to only two winning seasons; 2005, and 2007. Every other year the team finished 8-8, or worse.

But despite being another in a line of poor Washington squads, this team could be the worst we have seen in years. At 4-11, the 2009 Redskins have a chance to be the worst Redskins’ team since Dan Snyder purchased the team and the worst since 1994, when the Redskins went 3-13. Like this team, the 1994 squad lost all of their division games.

Click the link to read the entire article...

But the team only has five draft picks in the 2010 draft, meaning they will look to free agency to address the needs.

First of all, :wall:

Secondly, I think this team needs an intervention. It's addicted to free agency. I say stop the madness.

Pray for that uncapped year so we can cut loose all the dead weight. Trade down. Get a lot of picks and start building a team for real.

And for the love of God, stop trading away draft picks.

First of all, :wall:

Secondly, I think this team needs an intervention. It's addicted to free agency. I say stop the madness.

Pray for that uncapped year so we can cut loose all the dead weight. Trade down. Get a lot of picks and start building a team for real.

And for the love of God, stop trading away draft picks.

Exactly

Dan Snyder, Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan need to have one thing in mind

Competitive by 2012.

The next 2 seasons are for collecting draft picks, getting 35 guys under age 25 and establishing a core and identity for the next decade

If they try and do this overnight, in one offseason, it will be a big failure

Like Haynesworth said as walking off the field...we can only get better. What worries me is can they be worse?

i,ll say it againuntil they get it right.this team needs a culture change and the way they do buisness.

i,m still waiting..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.