• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

GAME DAY! Preseason Wk. 1 vs FALCONS

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
It's HERE.

Been trying to figure out what it is--beyond seeing the burgundy and gold uniforms take the field live for the first time since freezing my bollocks off watching them fall to Green Bay last January--that I most want to see tonight.

One is obvious. Don't lose anybody.

Beyond that?

Kirk needs to look recognizably like the version we saw down the stretch last season. Decisive, accurate, in charge.

Would like to see a few runs from the 1st and 2nd teams where our RBs aren't met in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage by a gang of unblocked defenders.

Would like to see solid coverage on teams and sound tackling all around.

A few penalties of aggression I'd be okay with--a bunch of brain-farts (false starts, motion penalties, unsportsmanlikes, etc.), not so much.

It wouldn't hurt my feeling to see Josh Norman make a play.

Su'a Cravens!

I have more of course, but don't want to get greedy.

What about you? Talk to me, brothers and sisters ...

redskins-falcons-2012-line_615x255.jpg

Last edited:
I'd just like to actually see the game. Probably have to settle for season 4 of Game of Thrones though...

I'd just like to actually see the game. Probably have to settle for season 4 of Game of Thrones though...
If I may be so bold ... Slingbox. Change your life, man. :)

I should have noted, you need someone in this area to help ya out. You buy the Sbox, they hook it up to any cable box in their house. You can then watch anything their cable receives on that TV, on your phone, tablet, PC, whatever, without affecting any of their other TV's. I'm doing that for someone we all know who isn't in the area and it works like a charm.

Last edited:

If you go to NFL.com, you can order something called Game Pass. It's free to sign up. You do have to give them a cc, and if you don't cancel within a week they will charge you $99 for the entire preseason. It allows you to watch all of the preseason games live and later recorded too if you like.

So you can sign up today, watch the game for free tonight and then cancel within a week and pay nothing.

Or if you have the NFL network, they are giving away a free night of the Redzone channel tonight.

Game Pass rocks, too. Got me through the long, hot offseason. Preseason games you can watch live, as McD notes. Regular season games you can watch as soon as they're over ...

Om, this is a great thread.

There are about 30 things I want to see. Here are a few:

No injuries.
Matt Jones running well.
All of the rookies......especially Keith Marshall. 4.29 speed at 219 pounds? Yes please.
Josh Norman
Niles Paul in his first game back in exactly a year.
Martrell Spaight.
Our safeties. They will be crucial this season. We have the corners locked down, if the safeties can improve our back end could be great.
Our D-line. Can we stop the run?

I can't wait......

Just recently re-watched the wildcard game up to the non score by Djax.... that would have made it 9-0 for the good guys.
(full game on youtube via Roku)

Would like tonight to show similarities between that team and this new one while playing vanilla.

No boo boos on our guys would be nice as well

No injuries.
1st teams to be clean, and out quickly.
40+ rushing plays.
Our scrubs beat the snot out of their scrubs.
Drink way too many beers for a Thursday night.

I have Sunday Ticket so I get all the regular season games. All covered there.

Pre-season is such a damn crap shoot though that I refuse to drop $99 on it. The NFL drastically overestimates the product it is putting out there through the month of August, IMHO. I'd pay for real games but about half of the games are nothing but players and coaches just trying to get through to games that matter.

I hear you Neo, so we have three choices:

1. Watch Redzone for free tonight, then sign up for Game Pass next weekend and cancel it. That way you see two games for free.

2. Use your CC tonight for Game Pass and cancel it within a week for no charge. Next weekend, have your wife or nextdoor neighbor/friend do the same. This also costs you nothing.

3. Go buy a slingbox.

Want to see a pass rush.

Want to see us credible vs the run

Want to see Kirk pick up where he left off

Want to see if we can run the ball.

And at halftime, I'm going to watch highlights of The Adventures of Boone:

Looks like Kirk has a new helmet ... that or his head got smaller.

So far even though its pre-season the secondary is looking tough, not much pressure up front. Should be 7-0, Davis dropped a perfect ball by McCoy

edit: I jumped in there EL but its a ghost town in the chat

Man, Falcons chewing off 7 then 8 yards at a chunk does not look good.

Finally got a little pressure and then give up a first, frustrating

It's early but the run game looks non existent.

Be nice to see some run blocking......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.