• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Our First 8 Games.

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
I know this has been posted before, but it was months ago.

I also know that our last 8 games are believed to be even more difficult. But check out this lineup:

Week 1: We open up MNF against the Steelers. At home. This is huge.

Week 2: Dallas in DC. Are you kidding me? We just dive right into it. No few weeks of getting accustomed to the new season. Dez against Josh Norman. Week 2. Bam!

Week 3: At the Giants. Bring on the NFC East early. OBJ against Norman.

Week 4: RG3 in DC. BGO in DC?

Week 5: At the Ravens. We should win this.

Week 6: Philly. At home. Let's hope this looks like a replay of the first quarter of the final regular season game last year.

Week 7: At Detroit. Must-win.

Week 8: At the Bengals. Gruden returns to Cincy.

The schedule after these games is insane. But what a start to the year!

HTTR

I do not like our schedual. We are set up for failure by putting so many superbowl contenders so quickly at us. After this 8 games. Best case I see us 5 and 3. Worst case 2 and 6.

**** a tough schedule! Our boys are gonna whip some ass this year!

To be the best, you've got to beat the best. It's always been that way. And the other NFC East teams have it just as bad. You don't have to outrun the Grizzly, you just have to outrun the other guys :)

Just win the division and we're in.

To be the best, you've got to beat the best. It's always been that way. And the other NFC East teams have it just as bad. You don't have to outrun the Grizzly, you just have to outrun the other guys :)

raccoon.jpg

:D

For me, the first three games will tell me all I need to know about this year. Will be early asspucker

I keep hearing the "strength" of schedule, but we won't know how strong the schedule is until half way through the season.

The Steelers were over achievers last year, they're not much better and we won't have to face Leveon Bell, although Deangelo Williams is a solid RB, too.

Dallass will be lucky to win 6 games, we are the team that puts Romo out, ending another Dallass QB's career.

Giants early in NYC is the best scenario for us since it's a new coach, new system and they'll still be working out the kinks.

Cleveland? I have no doubt Hue Jackson can make then better, but how much better can they be that early?

I could easily see us at 3-1 to start the 1st quarter of the season.

Ravens? I swear that team is straight up Dr Jekyl/Mr Hyde but we can beat 'em.

Philthy? New coach, over rated to begin with.

Detroit, the team that was in the playoffs 2 years ago is a far different team now, they suck.

Cincy? It will be interesting to see how they handle the adversity of that playoff loss last year. They're solid, but teams that go to 4 straight playoff appearances and don't win a single one usually start to collapse. Is this that year? Lewis simply doesn't seem to be able to get them over the top, but they still have a lot of talent.

If we ended up losing 4 of these, I'd be surprised. I think 5-3 or 6-2 is more likely. This doesn't feel like a good team "on paper" type of squad, it looks like we're on to something.

We'll know by the end of the 1st half of the season, but I have a feeling they're going to be talking about this Redskins' team a lot this year, because we're winning.

Philthy? New coach, over rated to begin with.

Last edited:
To me, a team's success usually hinges on how well they deal with their divisional games. The redskins are an excellent example of that, having had winning division records in all of our recent playoffs visits.

Sure, the rest of the schedule has some really tough games (Pitt, Minny, GB, Arizona, Carolina, Cincy), but there are a fair share of winnable games with Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, and Cleveland.

If you concentrate on winning a minimum of four division games, and taking a minimum of 3 against the "beatable" teams I listed above, that means that you have to basically try and steal two games against the stronger out of division opponents on our schedule to match last season's win total.

Provided we build on what we achieved a year ago, that should be a realistic expectation. However, if we decide to lay eggs in the NFC East games, then yes, the rest of the 2016 schedule will be a steep mountain to climb.

Sup Redskins family! Been a while since I boarded this ship. It's been a long, very hard year for me & getting back online is going to be slow going, I believe. However, praise God for football season & moreso, REDSKINS season!

That said, thru the first 8 games, I see success. The Redskins are the only team in the East returning strong this year. We are building on what we were doing last year while the Iggles, Gnats, & Gurls & are all either rebuilding or recooping. Romo has seen his best days, as well as Eli & the I don't even know who's QBing the Iggles. Either way, them & the Gnats are rebuilding with new systems, coaches, & personnel. I see no viable reason they would be a threat at all. The Gurls...we can never truly count them out. But....at the end of 8 games, I believe we should...SHOULD be no worse than 5-3, but I expect at least 6-2. We have improved & I trust what they are doing. Hail.

Welcome back GCR. It's great to see you again. HTTR.

At Cincy but played in London. Pretty much a double road game - still it'll be especially fun for me to watch at the stadium.

Week 3, in New York. Gonna be an early barometer of where they're at. Been a thorn in their side for a long time and they're probably (at least on paper) better than last year.

OK, we have to churn off the next 6! Haha!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.