• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

fire Jim Zorn now?

Lanky Livingston

Or after we lose to backups in San Diego?

I say he should get the axe on his way out of the stadium, and have to cab home. Getting shutout by Dallas is unacceptable, I don't care what condition the team is in. Awful.

Discuss...
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

What would be the point?

Whoever takes over won't be in control next season. Wouldn't be to our advantage.

Let him ride out his year.

Useless move that will just paint Snyder in an even worse light with the media. Zorn may not be a great Head Coach but he is liked by the media and a nice guy. It would be viewed negatively and gain the team nothing going into next week's game with SD.

Pollin on 980 suggested this is how it will go down:

4 Jan: let Buges announce his retirement
5 Jan: ax Zorn
6 Jan: intro Shanny

After San Diego, one more loss on his resume isn't going to matter, I doubt he'll ever coach in the NFL again.

MAybe we could recall the old 80's replacement team. They can't do any worse

As for Zorn, leave him in San Diego

And you know Norv is slobberin' over this game. It could get embarrassing

Should have let him go couple weeks ago. Then could have given impression of Gray auditioning for the job.

My guess is Blache and Bugel are ready to retire. They're probably getting pointers on calling Bingo from Lewis.

i guess i can deal with another beatdown thanks to norv and the chargers on sunday..
after that let the changes begin..

I'm all for firing him today. This would be the perfect time for Bruce Allen to start flexing his muscles and letting everyone know that the "Future Is Now". No time like the present to get started. This would send a message to the team that you have one last chance to impress and it better be good.

Of course, it won't happen but I wish it would.

Jimbo is right. George Allen would not be as patient at Bruce Allen. It has been 38 years since the last time Washington rolled a donut. Euthanize the coaching career of Jim Zorn.

All keeping Zorn another week does is leave the ship rudderless, and we will get embarrassed yet again, by a team resting their starters no less. However if we fire him, it at least shows that we're going a different direction, and players need to start auditioning for their jobs, if they haven't been already.

Plus, WE GOT SHUT OUT AT HOME BY DALLAS. WTF people, this is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Plus, WE GOT SHUT OUT AT HOME BY DALLAS. WTF people, this is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

And to top it all off, there was about 30% of our house in dark blue last night. I guess I can take Steelers nation making a statement at FedEx in light of their enormous fan base, but it was very disheartening to see the Cowpukes have such a strong showing.

I was sick to my stomach to see such support for an opposing team last night at FedEx!

And to top it all off, there was about 30% of our house in dark blue last night. I guess I can take Steelers nation making a statement at FedEx in light of their enormous fan base, but it was very disheartening to see the Cowpukes have such a strong showing.

I was sick to my stomach to see such support for an opposing team last night at FedEx!

And I certainly hope that fact wasn't lost on The Danny.

And I certainly hope that fact wasn't lost on The Danny.

There has been a lot of venom spewed toward Danny boy, well deserved in many respects from different accounts, but I am not sure I have ever doubted that the ego-centric billionaire was a fan. He is from my generation and we had the privilege of witnessing greatness here in Washington!

With that said, I am inclined to think that fact is lost on him. I don't think he cares enough. Although he has already sold those tickets, he still stands to make money on the concessions so I believe he simply wants the stands full.

This ship is already rudderless and has been since Vinny was fired. That action, along with hiring The Bruce, signaled a change at year end just as surely as firing Zorn. Letting Zorn go at this point, or at any point since the NY Giants game, would have made zero difference in how this team performed down the stretch. They all know change is coming and are either worried or not.

Add to that the fact that I absolutely believe part of the difference the last two weeks is teams getting a better read on Lewis's play calling as allowed them to shut down the offense better. Not to mention that the Giants just have our number. That team is like kryptonite for the Skins.

i think jim zorn knows he,s done so it,s worth to wait until the san deigo game to fire him and move on with the next head coach of the washington redskins.
again i will let my sig do the talking for me and others who feels the sameway..
jim zorns time will come after this coming sunday and i,m sure the players feel the same at this point about their futures as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.