• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2016 BGO NFL Pickem Contest!

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
It's that time of the year again - time to man (or woman) up and put your game prognostication skills to the test. BGO runs the most competitive NFL Pickem contest you'll find anywhere. Last season, it was DieselPwr44 who came out on top and won the coveted autographed Redskins helmet. Maybe this year, you'll be crowned champion?

This year's contest will incorporate an all 'web-based' platform. All members should receive an email inviting you to join this year's contest, including a link to our Pickem site. Once you set up your email and password, you should be ready to start picking games.

This year's rules will remain the same. Pick every game's winner and make sure you also fill in the score of the tie-breaker game by making your best guess as to the cumulative points that'll be scored. Those tie-breaker points could decide winners at the end of the year. Remember that the top 4 finishers will be eligible for prizes, and that we also will award a prize to anyone finishing with a perfect week (something that's yet to be accomplished in previous contests).

Remember that if you forget to pick an early Thursday game, you can still select winners for the remaining games, you'll just take a loss on the game you missed. Most wins picked at the end of the Super Bowl wins. We encourage you to play the pre-season games, especially this year since the software has changed, or if you've not competed in our Pickem contest previously.

If you do not receive an email invite, or if your original BGO registration email is no longer active, you can private message me a current email address and I'll send your invite right out. Don't worry - we don't share emails with any other entity at BGO - promise! If you'd prefer, you can go to the below url, click on the 'Join an Existing Pool' link, and enter in this 'Invitation Code' 9C932CA2C2BED41E6D8008365FA966B7, your email address, and set your password to join.

To register and make your picks each week, visit www.pocketofficepool.com

So what are you waiting for? Check your email box and register for the 2016 BGO NFL Pickem Contest.

Remember. In the end, there can be only one. :cheers:

Last edited:
Alright, just need to make sure and not destroy my 4 game lead in the 2nd to last week of the season this time. Still annoyed that I blew my late lead by missing that week. :aargh4:

One thing I would recommend is, once registered, go back in and edit your account and add your 'Alias' (ie...plug in your BGO username so we know who's who. Also - you will no longer use the old web address to make your picks. Instead, you'll log-in via this web address:

Pocket Office Pool - Easy to use office football pool software

If you have any trouble registering, I'm happy to manually register anyone who wants to play. Just let me know you want to join.

If you have any trouble registering, I'm happy to manually register anyone who wants to play. Just let me know you want to join.
Damn! I love me some manual registration. You purty little scallywag you.

Sorry about that brother. I can understand why the vendor went to an all web format, but it made things tougher this year. Good news is, once everyone is set up as a player this season, I should just be able to reset the contest in upcoming years without any need to register.

I haven't even tried yet. Just trying to be funny. And obviously failing.:cool3:

Sending a formal PM request with email address.

I have spent about the past 4 days of my 'vacation' crapping liquid with occasional vomiting. So my humor meter is probably not where it should be :)

About 20 registered so far...I'd like to have at least 50 so we have a competitive contest. If you haven't registered, see the first post (if you didn't get an email from the site with a join invite.

You may also note that I have gone in and changed your 'Alias' to your BGO screenname so we can tell who's who as we post weekly results. You will continue to log-in to the contest site using your email address and whatever password you set. If anyone has any problems, let me know. Encourage you to pick some pre-season games just so we can ensure everyone is able to use the software without issue.

Done and done.

Bumpity bump. You've got until the start of the Regular Season to sign up to play this year. Make it happen.

I'm in, but it won't let me edit my alias :(

HTTR.. finally football is here... something to look forward to.

I'll have to edit your alias for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I have the same issue as Docsandy. It didn't give me an option to create a username - but only to enter the invitation code, email address, and password.
It looks like it's going to use my email address for my user name. But I think it's better for my PP username to match my BGO username.

I'll fix folks usernames if they'll pm me their email. This is just a design flaw with it being the first year of the web-based version of this software. They are rolling out updates any day now. Good news is, you shouldn't have to register again after this year, I will just update the schedule so anyone can play who has played previously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.