• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Predicting The Fifty-Three Man Roster And Practice Squad,

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
The 2016 offseason is now in the rear view mirror and it is time to get ready for training camp, preseason games, and roster changes. This prediction list will be updated each week with reported cuts and additions. We will also list injury updates as needed.

Here is our first list for this preseason. Feel free to post your own list and predictions.

Let

More...

Burner’s Burning Questions – Predicting The Fifty-Three Man Roster And Practice Squad, 2016​

The 2016 offseason is now in the rear view mirror and it is time to get ready for training camp, preseason games, and roster changes. This prediction list will be updated each week with reported cuts and additions. We will also list injury updates as needed.

Here is our first list for this preseason. Feel free to post your own list and predictions.

Let’s get the first roster prediction in the books.

S = Starter

Quarterbacks:
Kirk Cousins - S
Colt McCoy

Running Backs, Fullback:
Matt Jones - S
Chris Thompson
Keith Marshall
Robert Kelley

Offensive Tackles:
Trent Williams – S
Morgan Moses – S
Ty Nsehke
Takoby Cofield

Offensive Guards/Centers:
Kory Lichtensteiger – S
Brandon Scherff – S
Spencer Long - S
Shaun Lauvao
Arie Kouandjio
Josh LeRibeus

Tight Ends:
Jordan Reed – S
Niles Paul
Vernon Davis

Wide Receivers:
Pierre Garcon - S
DeSean Jackson – S
Josh Doctson
Jamison Crowder
Ryan Grant
Rashad Ross

Defensive Tackles/Ends:
Stephen Paea – S
Chris Baker – S
Matt Ioannidis - S
Ricky Jean Francois
Kedric Golston
Trent Murphy

Linebackers:
Ryan Kerrigan - S
Perry Riley – S
Will Compton – S
Preston Smith - S
Mason Foster
Terence Garvin
Martrell Spaight
Houston Bates

Cornerbacks:
Josh Norman – S
Bashaud Breeland - S
Kendall Fuller
Quinton Dunbar
Dashaun Phillips

Safeties:
DeAngelo Hall - S
Su’a Cravens – S
Duke Ihenacho
Will Blackmon
David Bruton

Special Teams:
Nick Sundberg - S
Dustin Hopkins - S
Tress Way – S
Rashad Ross - S

Injured Reserve:
Kyshoen Jarrett, S (Waived/Injured)
Junior Galette, OLB

Possible Cuts:
Cody Booth, OT
Shaun Lauvao, OG
Derek Carrier, TE
Josh LeRibeus, OG/C
Logan Paulsen, TE
Ziggy Hood, DE
Kendell Reyes, DE
Greg Toler, CB
Duke Ihenacho, S

Suspended:
Silas Redd

Practice Squad:
Nate Sudfeld, QB
Mack Brown, RB
Kevin Bowen, OT
Austin Reiter, C
Joe Kerridge, FB
Maurice Harris, WR
Steven Daniels, LB
Lynden Trail, LB
Lloyd Carrington, CB
Deshazor Everett, S

We will continue to update the roster as players are signed, placed on injury lists, released, and those who are given injury settlements. What differences do you see so far in this offseason? Will we sign any players that get released from other teams? Are there any remaining free agents that interest you? Have a great week and stay cool out there. See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

Last edited:
Nice work, BB.

I'd be surprised to see either Ionnidis or Cravens start--at least on opening day--but I agree they'll likely both be in the mix by mid-season.

If LeRibeus makes the roster again, it will be a failure for the front office. He is a name on a roster sheet.

He is like Maurice Hurt and Tom Compton, guys that hangs around until decent talent is brought in.

We have needed a young center for quite a long time.

This position is like safety - for some reason this team can find guys all over the place but not there for some reason :anxious:

Blog has been edited to reflect the changes today. Thanks for the comments. Also, please let the post from 2015 fade away. It's a new season and it should be the focus.

I would expect (or at least like) for us to keep 4 TE's, and either see Carrier or Paulsen stay at the position.
First, due to concerns over our history of running thin at the position, with these group of guys in particular, even. Our top 3 TE's all have a recent injury history.
Heck, you could expand that and say that all of our top FIVE TE's have recent injury concerns. Apparently TE is a dangerous lifestyle.
Secondly, we still need to bulk up the blocking skills at the position.
But if Reed, Paul, DJax, and our other top receivers can stay relatively healthy throughout the season ? It's gonna be scary for defenses.

Last edited:
Burner’s Burning Questions – Predicting The Fifty-Three Man Roster And Practice Squad, 2016​

Redskins training camp of is underway and we begin to put the roster under our BBQ microscope. It is time to get ready for training camp, preseason games, and roster changes. This prediction list will be updated continually with reported cuts and additions. We will also list injury updates as they become available.

Here is our second list for this preseason. Feel free to post your own lists and predictions.

Let’s get this second roster prediction in the books.

S = Starter

Quarterbacks:
Kirk Cousins - S
Colt McCoy

Running Backs, Fullback:
Matt Jones - S
Chris Thompson
Keith Marshall
Mack Brown
Free Agent?

Offensive Tackles:
Trent Williams – S
Morgan Moses – S
Ty Nsehke
Takoby Cofield

Kory Lichtensteiger – S
Brandon Scherff – S
Spencer Long - S
Shaun Lauvao
Arie Kouandjio
Austin Reiter

Tight Ends:
Jordan Reed – S
Niles Paul
Vernon Davis

Wide Receivers:
Pierre Garcon - S
DeSean Jackson – S
Josh Doctson
Jamison Crowder
Ryan Grant
Rashad Ross

Defensive Tackles/Ends:
Stephen Paea – S
Chris Baker – S
Matt Ioannidis - S
Ricky Jean Francois
Kedric Golston
Trent Murphy
Kendell Reyes

Linebackers:
Ryan Kerrigan - S
Perry Riley – S
Will Compton – S
Preston Smith - S
Mason Foster
Terence Garvin
Martrell Spaight
Houston Bates
Free Agent?

Cornerbacks:
Josh Norman – S
Bashaud Breeland - S
Kendall Fuller
Quinton Dunbar

Safeties:
DeAngelo Hall - S
Su’a Cravens – S
Duke Ihenacho
Will Blackmon
David Bruton

Special Teams:
Nick Sundberg - S
Dustin Hopkins - S
Tress Way – S
Rashad Ross - S

Injured Reserve:
Kyshoen Jarrett, S (Injured, Waived)
Junior Galette, OLB
Derek Carrier, TE (PUP)
Josh Doctson, WR (PUP)
Reggie Diggs, WR (PUP)
Shawn Lauvao, OG (PUP)

Possible Cuts:
Cody Booth, OT
Shaun Lauvao, OG
Derek Carrier, TE
Josh LeRibeus, OG/C
Logan Paulsen, TE
Ziggy Hood, DE
Kendell Reyes, DE
Greg Toler, CB
Duke Ihenacho, S

Suspended:
Silas Redd

Practice Squad:
Nate Sudfeld, QB
Robert Kelley, RB
Dashaun Phillips, CB
Kevin Bowen, OT
Joe Kerridge, FB
Maurice Harris, WR
Steven Daniels, LB
Lynden Trail, LB
Lloyd Carrington, CB
Deshazor Everett, S

We will continue to update the roster as players are signed, placed on injury lists, released, and those who are given injury settlements. What differences do you see so far in this preseason? Will we sign any players that get released from other teams? Are there any remaining free agents that interest you? Have a great weekend and stay cool out there. See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

BBQ Notes From Training Camp​

Even though his role as the number two quarterback is secure, Colt McCoy has struggled in training camp.

Josh Norman has been the last person to leave the field each day at Bon Secours. He works on individual drills and typically signs a few autographs for fans.

Kirk Cousins is quietly having a very solid camp.

Bashaud Breeland is having his best camp thus far. He could be on the cusp of a great season.

Nate Sudfeld is having a mixed camp. Look for him to end up on the practice squad.

Although it is unknown just how good Su’a Cravens will be in his first season, look for him to be a jack of all trades on defense. He could be quite a bit better than Kyshoen Jarrett in his first season.

At today’s practice, Spencer Long practiced with the first string at center and Shawn Lauvao was at left guard.

Training camp ends tomorrow and the Redskins will return to Ashburn.

Players who have stood out in training camp:
Dashaun Phillips
Greg Toler
Ziggy Hood
Kendall Reyes
Joe Kerridge
Dustin Hopkins
Houston Bates
Lynden Trail
Tress Way
Ty Nsehke

Players who have stood out in training camp for the wrong reasons:
Josh LeRibeus
Stephen Paea
Derek Carrier (Being injured is not helping his case)
Assorted Third Stringers (aka, camp fodder)

Redskins training camp of 2016 is nearly over and we begin to put the roster under our BBQ microscope. This prediction list will be updated continually with reported cuts and additions during the preseason. We will also list injury updates as they become available.

Here is our third list for this preseason. Feel free to post your own lists and predictions.

Let’s get this latest roster prediction in the books.

S = Starter

Quarterbacks:
Kirk Cousins - S
Colt McCoy

Running Backs, Fullback:
Matt Jones - S
Chris Thompson
Keith Marshall
Mack Brown
Free Agent?

Offensive Tackles:
Trent Williams – S
Morgan Moses – S
Ty Nsehke
Takoby Cofield

Kory Lichtensteiger – S
Brandon Scherff – S
Spencer Long - S
Shaun Lauvao
Arie Kouandjio
Austin Reiter

Tight Ends:
Jordan Reed – S
Niles Paul
Vernon Davis

Wide Receivers:
Pierre Garcon - S
DeSean Jackson – S
Josh Doctson
Jamison Crowder
Ryan Grant
Rashad Ross

Defensive Tackles/Ends:
Stephen Paea – S
Chris Baker – S
Matt Ioannidis - S
Ricky Jean Francois
Kedric Golston
Trent Murphy (OLB)
Kendell Reyes

Linebackers:
Ryan Kerrigan - S
Perry Riley – S
Will Compton – S
Preston Smith - S
Mason Foster
Trent Murphy (DE)
Terence Garvin
Martrell Spaight
Houston Bates
Free Agent?

Cornerbacks:
Josh Norman – S
Bashaud Breeland - S
Kendall Fuller
Quinton Dunbar

Safeties:
DeAngelo Hall - S
Su’a Cravens – S
Duke Ihenacho
Will Blackmon
David Bruton

Special Teams:
Nick Sundberg - S
Dustin Hopkins - S
Tress Way – S
Rashad Ross - S

Injured Reserve:
Kyshoen Jarrett, S (Injured, Waived)
Steven Daniels, ILB (Injured Reserve)
Junior Galette, OLB (NFI)
Derek Carrier, TE (PUP)
Josh Doctson, WR (PUP)

Possible Cuts:
Cody Booth, OT
Derek Carrier, TE
Josh LeRibeus, OG/C
Logan Paulsen, TE
Ziggy Hood, DE
Greg Toler, CB
Duke Ihenacho, S

Suspended:
Silas Redd

Practice Squad:
Nate Sudfeld, QB
Robert Kelley, RB
Dashaun Phillips, CB
Kevin Bowen, OT
Joe Kerridge, FB
Maurice Harris, WR
Reggie Diggs, WR
Lynden Trail, LB
Lloyd Carrington, CB
Deshazor Everett, S

We will continue to update the roster as players are signed, placed on injury lists, released, and those who are given injury settlements. What differences do you see so far in this preseason? Will we sign any players that get released from other teams? Are there any remaining free agents that interest you? Have a great weekend and stay cool out there. See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

Players who have stood out in training camp for the wrong reasons:
Josh LeRibeus
Stephen Paea
Derek Carrier (Being injured is not helping his case)
Assorted Third Stringers (aka, camp fodder)

BB, it seems like Moses is having a bad camp, too, and not just a bad Preseason Game 1.
Because, the fact that Scot was walking around raving about how Nsekhe could be a starting OT on most teams in the league, combined with the fact that Moses had a poor game vs ATL, makes me wonder if the reason he is going overboard to compliment Nsekhe, is to light a fire under Moses' butt, to let him know, or make him think, that his job won't be secure, if he keeps having camp/games like that.

Great work, BB.

As far as TE's go - maybe they 'stash' an extra one ST's? Marcel Jensen seems to have a shot there at least so far. Anyway, after last year I don't think any of the TE's get dumped (unless it's obviously he's a no-go) until late in camp so if they need a guy on speed-dial during the season he's got as many camp reps as possible.

PFF gave Ioannidis a pretty high grade across the league for the game. Doesn't make him a lock after one game but the Golston/Powe benchmark isn't actually a high hurdle either. Golston probably hangs around in any case if for nothing else than a lack of options unless they make a FA acquisition.

The organization really seems to be enamored with LeRibeus so IDK if he goes anywhere and they'll keep him around as a backup OG/C. Guards are fairly deep but C is not and while I don't think he really should play Center who else do they have unless there is a body in camp that can pickup the slack. If Kouandjio could be that guy might make Josh expendable. And it seems that Reiter may be a least another year away.

Overall I guess if there were a list of guy's who probably get cut versus a list of those I'd rather see dumped - the names probably would not match up very well.

Where's all the photos from TC this year ?
Someone usually does it, right ?

El ???

Been a very tough summer for me to get away to Richmond...I miss them practicing in Ashburn, I could slip away on an afternoon, Richmond is a whole different story.

Ironically, I was at Ravens training camp this morning working a photo shoot for the charity I work with. I have to admit I was impressed after seeing John Harbaugh today after practice embrace the young people I was there to photograph with the Ravens team...after a hot practice, he hugged and spoke to every single young disabled athlete from our organization...all 30 of them. It was a very genuine gesture. He does not appear to be the dick his reputation suggests he is.

Austin Reiter is not making the team. When Callahan is trying LeRibeus and Long in the spot behind Lichtensteiger that shows the team has no confidence in last year's #7 draft pick. If there is going to be a formal backup at center, not merely a dual OG/OC, then I would think we are going to bring in a veteran who has proven he can play.

Matt Ioannidis has a lot of developing to do to be projected as a starter in 2016. My guess is Kendall Reyes and/or Ziggy Hood IS going to make the final roster as both have starting experience and are athletic.

On defense, I don't see Greg Toler getting cut. He simply makes too many plays on the field when he is out there.

He's a guy that Bellichick will claim off waivers for the $100 and watch him play the nickel all the way to the Super Bowl.

Phillips has not proven he can cover. Dunbar has not proven that he can cover now that he is a DB full-time and is being asked to do more.

At quarterback, I don't think Nate Sudfeld makes it through waivers to our practice squad.

Too many teams need quarterbacks with adequate size and a strong arm to be the #2 who will keep him and develop him.

We already lost last year's #6 pick, Tevin Mitchel, trying to sneak him through injured waivers.

Let's not give up another draft pick if he has some promise.

We can go short at some other spots where our #4 player at OT, TE, OLB or S are not much better if at all from guys we could sign off the street during the season as we did with Mason Foster and Will Blackmon in 2015.

BT, I put the roster predictions out there based on reports from camp, game film, and various observations. We must now recognize that there is very good depth at several positions. I'm not sure what you saw with Reiter in the game last week, but he was very consistent and opened up some major holes for Robert Kelly to run through against the Falcons.

I will be leaving town early tomorrow morning on a family trip to East Tennessee. Roster updates will come by the middle of next week.

FWIW...Cooley also was quite happy with Reiter's work, he showed the best of the bunch and what he was doing had nothing to do with the talent he was facing, more of a just-get-after-it attitude that the rest seemed to be lacking during the game. Kinda like there was hesitation, sizing up the opponent stuff going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.