• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RIP Chief Zee (Hail to the Chief)

Official Team Release

For Immediate Release
July 19, 2016

STATEMENT BY THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS

“The Washington Redskins will always appreciate Zema Williams’ unique passion and dedication to our football team and his fellow Washington Redskins’ fans.”

-REDSKINS-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So VERY sad to hear this. Greeted and chatted with him on many occasions in RFK as well as Super Bowl XVII. A funny, kind, wonderful guys who will DEFINITELY be missed.

I've spoken with him a few times over the phone, and at least got to meet him once. One hell of a person, and one hell of a Redskinis fan.

God Speed Z

I actually met him once myself. I wrote about it ten years ago (!) when I was covering a game for ES:

I got to meet Cheif Z. Now, over the course of this bizarre journey with Extremeskins I've sat in on three Joe Gibbs press conferences. I've talked to numerous players, sat in the box with all manner of really smart and savvy media types. But meeting the Chief has been the biggest thrill for me yet. (Warning: I'm gonna go Zen here for a moment) Owners, coaches, players ... Washington Post beat reporters ... they come and go. But we fans remain. And Chief Z is the Redskin fans. He's all of us, really. I've watched the man do battle with Cowboys and Giants and Eagles for twenty years now. And to shake the man's hand, well, it was pretty awesome. Pretty funny guy too.

me and zee.jpg

Godspeed, Chief.

What a travesty that Deadspin had to trash a really great guy and superfan with their tripe. RIP Z, Thank you for keeping fandom alive, even during tough times.

What a travesty that Deadspin had to trash a really great guy and superfan with their tripe. RIP Z, Thank you for keeping fandom alive, even during tough times.

It's Dave McKenna. Is anyone surprised?

Definitely a sad day for Redskins Nation. Met him many times. In his younger days, he was a car salesman and my brother bought 90% of his cars from him. In fact, at RFK stadium, before the days that the Redskins "silently" let him slip in without a ticket, my brother always gave him one of his two tickets. Never sat together because as we know, Chief Zee did NOT sit down at games.

He will be missed. But his spirit will live on.

I'm a little embarrassed, but I dont know much about him.

He's the guy that did that hit piece on Snyder in the Village Voice where Snyder, like a dope, threatened to sue the paper. He's written two pieces trashing Om, specifically. First when we were on ES, and then when Mark and John set this site up.

From what I can tell, he represents that ugly side of The Media that is concerned with pushing agendas rather than finding truth. Maybe Snyder did something Evil to him or something years ago, but he's absolutely obsessed with the Redskins, and not in a good way. I keep thinking he's done, but then he shows up again like a bad penny.

His latest bit for Deadspin, dancing on Zee's grave the day the news breaks, is a low to which I never thought even he would sink.

He's the guy that did that hit piece on Snyder in the Village Voice where Snyder, like a dope, threatened to sue the paper. He's written two pieces trashing Om, specifically. First when we were on ES, and then when Mark and John set this site up.

From what I can tell, he represents that ugly side of The Media that is concerned with pushing agendas rather than finding truth. Maybe Snyder did something Evil to him or something years ago, but he's absolutely obsessed with the Redskins, and not in a good way. I keep thinking he's done, but then he shows up again like a bad penny.

His latest bit for Deadspin, dancing on Zee's grave the day the news breaks, is a low to which I never thought even he would sink.

ahhhh, THAT guy! I see this tiger doesnt change its stripes. what a buffoon (Thanks for the info BTW!)

961b14ebbf414901528ff581ce922087.jpg

My little boy is now 19 and 6'4" but a nice memory....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail and farewell to the Chief. He and Crazy Ray are probably having a time of it right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.