A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
'Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.' - Groucho Marx

Thanks Thanks:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Snydershrugged View Post
    Ok, I re read my post. I directly said simply that it us fascinating to watch how Democrats are handling things since they lost. If that makes Democrats so uncomfortable that they can't discuss it, I'm sorry. Back to the safe dp aces I suppose. You have an issue with us not listening to sources you want us to, yet at the same time scoff at dour es that disagree with you. That is more than a bit hypocritical.

What do you specifically require if needed to have a serious conversation that I have not already provided? I'm serious. I respect you and your perspective so I want to help.
    SS, good post except for the safe spaces comment. That's the kind of passive aggressive stuff FanSince would post years ago that would drive me insane. I felt attacked by your original post and responded similarly (which was wrong of me, it's been a frustrating week at work, my apologies), at which point you responded that I shouldn't have attacked you.

So why are you allowed to attack me (as I perceive it), but I can't attack you (as you perceive it)? Which one is more valid? To my way of thinking, either we go all in and attack each other to our heart's content (which is momentarily gratifying, but hideous in the long run) or we all agree to try to stop the passive aggressive stuff.

I'm good with the second option, and apologize for my snarky remark. I will work harder to have a civil conversation from here moving forward.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goaldeje View Post
    SS, good post except for the safe spaces comment. That's the kind of passive aggressive stuff FanSince would post years ago that would drive me insane. I felt attacked by your original post and responded similarly (which was wrong of me, it's been a frustrating week at work, my apologies), at which point you responded that I shouldn't have attacked you.

So why are you allowed to attack me (as I perceive it), but I can't attack you (as you perceive it)? Which one is more valid? To my way of thinking, either we go all in and attack each other to our heart's content (which is momentarily gratifying, but hideous in the long run) or we all agree to try to stop the passive aggressive stuff.

I'm good with the second option, and apologize for my snarky remark. I will work harder to have a civil conversation from here moving forward.
    I will work harder at it too sir. Please know that no he of my comments are ever directed at you or any member here directly, but more at the insanity and hyperbole that I keep seeing from almost every left leaning person that I know. I don't like seeing Obama stoop to childish antics and attempts to hamstring his replacement like he is doing (and I really dislike Trump, so that's saying sonething!) I also can't stand what I am seeing in terms of Obamas huge federal land grab with his "monuments" bs.
    0 0 0 0

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

I suspect the President is trying to put protections in place to ensure the uh, person (NOT passive aggressive, yay! ) we've elected will not permanently damage our great nation.

And, to be fair, given the way that Republicans have thrown childish temper tantrums since 2008, giving them a little of their own medicine doesn't seem out of line to me.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Florida State

As for Trump, he has thus far surrounded himself by and large with lunatics and dangerous people, with a few notable exceptions. I like DeVos thus far, I'm OK with Tillerson and a few others. As much as I heard Hillary is a liar during the election cycle, Trump has been graded 10x worse by fact-checkers. The man cannot be trusted and clearly cares not a bit for the good of the country, or even his party. He is concerned with his own business empire, and his Presidency will not end well. For any of us, though it will be far worse for the people who actually voted for him.
    Part of the reason I cut ties with you completely is your inability to see the dishonesty in what you post. For the last 10 minutes I have seen you demand civility and a basis with which to have meaningful discourse, then you post shit like this.

Lunatics and dangerous people...who? Name them and give me accurate examples of why they are dangerous and/or luntics. Talk about fly by posting.

Then you have the audacity to suggest "fact checkers" rate Trump a liar 10x worse than Hilary...suggesting these fact checkers are "reliable". Reliable to whom? You? You do realize Donald Trump has never been exposed by a Congressional Committee as a liar...you do realize Hilary has? So while you suggest the fact checkers make Trump out to be the bold liar he is, you ignore that Jason Chaffetz has asked the DoJ to look into perjury charges against her for the lies they discovered from her before the Congress. Why hasn't the DoJ granted Chaffetz his wish, she clearly lied before Congress. And we do not need any "reliable media" to see that, it is available through her live testimonies.

You consistently come in here suggesting that we are all wrong and the conservative circle jerk needs to be broken up, while offering nothing but name calling and the same behavior you admonish...all the while playing holier than thou, moral relativity.
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

Hey Brian! Great to talk to you too! I've missed being scolded and yelled at.

Can you come back into my life and make a habit of it? It kinda turns me on.

0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Default Presidential Election 2016

Let's dial back the personal insults. No one here is a 'hypocrite' or any other derogative and using those kinds of labels is not acceptable. And since folks frequently have trouble figuring who is being spoken to, that's for everyone

Posted With Tapatalk
    0 1 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

You ain't bonafide

2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

And both you and Ax are proving my point. You link to an article from the Blaze and expect me to take that seriously, while Ax flat out says he wouldn't trust a word the WaPo and NYT print.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax View Post
    I don't automatically believe anything, from any "news" organization. I go the other way. I assume 90% of what's reported is BS. However, the WP and the NYT are only good for lining bird cages.
    The word "automatically" being key here. But, let me try to explain even further. I read the Post almost every day. And like most reporting I check out, whether it's print, tv, innerwbz, etc... I try to get as much information on the things that interest me, mix in a little common sense and life experience and do the best I can to discern what actually might have happened.

The Post, and the Times, are included with every other "news" organization I don't automatically believe.

However, the Post and the NYT (other than some on the editorial page) are so completely in the tank for everything Democrat that they deserve nothing less than being dismissed or laughed at, unless and until their BS is backed up by actual facts. Not, "reported" as facts.
    0 0 0 0

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

0 0 0 0

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

Hillary100.jpg

A little humor.
    0 0 0 0

The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

2016 Blognostications Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I may regret jumping in this thread again, but:

1: In regards to server security: Clinton's security sucked. Standard entitled CEO BS, and I can't stand it. Making her own crap that didn't follow protocols or best practice is stupid, and is always a point of failure when some person decides their piddly wants are more important than doing the right thing. This is something I would expect of Clinton.

Don't know enough about Trump outside of that, but I honestly wouldn't think he would be too much different in this regard. We'll see, hopefully he follows better IT practices. So far, I know his campaign was running a 2003 Exchange server. That is very, very out of date and a point of failure. Not exactly showing a gold standard either.

2: Fact checkers referenced by Goaldeje are the various sources during the campaign period that pointed out that during the debates and stump speeches done during that period, Trump made significantly more statements that were not backed up by actual facts, and in many cases were completely separated from factual reality altogether. This behavior is commonly referred to as lying. Trump lying in this fashion is separate from the fact that Hilary is a known liar(just like her husband). However, it is a publicly documented phenomena, per se, that Trump made more statements that lacked factual truth than Hilary during their campaigns.

3: Somebody lost during this election. That's the best scenario I could personally hope for

4: John McAfee is a known crazy person. Even if he happens to be right at any given time, it is a matter of chance, not a matter of skill.

5: I hate the concept of safe spaces. But then again, I'm a jerk.

6: my list is done now.

0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    Mad Dog Mattis. Now that is a helluva pick.
    Confirmed 98-1
    0 0 0 0

Sent from my Basic Flip Phone.