• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN is changing. Not for the better.

BnGBuns

The Rookie
Reaction score
Rival Allegiance
Today ESPN was advertising their spot on the Espys. Of course its their own award ceremony.

It had your usual build up on who are the nominees and such. I kept watching when suddenly they began talking about gun violence and how out of control it has gotten. I was confused as that was not sports nor sports related. It showed a clip of NBA stars standing on stage and opening the Espys talking about gun violence. I thought I was watching CNN

Then what threw it all out the window was that ESPN is to show the President of the United States talking about race relations. What the hell is this? Is this not the Sports Network? Why am I watching some political message on my SPORTS NETWORK.

This all began when ESPN began to fire some of their long time commentators, announcers, and analyzers over some comments they made either on a social network or in a interview. Then it seems whenever some political happening starts, ESPN seems to add a segment on it!

ESPN is a lost cause at this point. I shall not be watching them anymore. I watch sports to escape from all this super charged politics and just enjoy a sport! I dont need some NBA commentator telling me what they thing is right and what I think is wrong.

Screw you ESPN. Im done.

Stopped watching a long time ago. They have been more subtle about it in the past, but it's been going on a long time over there...Korhesier and Wilbon are some of the worst culprits.

I will watch the occasion E:60 or 30 for 30 segments, but as far as any news I want on a given sport? I can find that in 25 other locations.

I'll continue to watch ESPN for the same reason I started back in college ... the live sporting events only being broadcast there. Often with the sound down so as not to have to listen to 90% of the commentators and commentary. I'll also catch the occasional special like El mentioned if I happen to stumble across it. As for the rest of the programming and talking head nonsense, as a general rule I don't watch that stuff anywhere any more. The level of insight and actual reporting (as opposed to vacuous editorializing) isn't worth the time.

ESPN is going the same way as most commercial broadcasting ... speeding downhill toward the lowest possible common denominator.

Yeah. We cut the cord a while back, and I don't miss ESPN at all. I think it was in the early years of this site when the lightbulb went off in my head that we fans study our teams, we know them inside and out and we follow them MUCH more closely that the national guys do. THe insights I have learned from everyone here are far more valuable than anything I ever learned from anyone on ESPN.

9 times out of 10, I think I was watching ESPN for a segment on the Redskins with one of two results possible. First, I would get mad because the idiots said something stupid and out of date about the Skins. Alternatively, they would say something nice about the Skins and reinforce my preconceived proclivities.

Either way, I wasn't really learning anything.

SeriusXM was about as bad when the Krappernick thing started a couple weeks ago. Every single one of their sports channels thats all they were talking about. Then I started listening to the politics channels which surprisingly were talking about the same thing.

ESPN has lost somehwere around 11million viewers since 2014 so some of these decisions like getting rid of ditka and others will add to those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.