• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

Speaking of The Mountain it seems dudes got a big heart too. He dressed up as the Incredible Hulk for a 3yr olds birthday.

image.jpg
image.jpeg

Anyone out there have a Netflix or Hulu system? I'm so ****ing done with our local cable company gouging us we're switching internet providers. If anyone has any pro's & or cons I'd love to hear either way?

Yeah, we cut the cord a few years ago and have NO regrets whatsoever. Our biggest challenge has been football, because we live in the mountains and, believe it or not, we don't get any local FOX signal. We barely get NBC, CBS is OK, but no FOX or ABC. So we kept the lowest cable package we could for football, $20/month or something.

Then we bought an Amazon FireStick and loaded up HBO Now, Netflix, Prime, etc. We did Hulu for a while, but discovered we like bingewatching more than waiting for a new episode, so now we just wait for Prime or Netflix and watch the whole season at once (HBO stuff excluded).

Wouldn't go back if you paid me. Cheaper this way and I don't feel like I have to pay for 300 music channels I'll never use. When the Skins are on TNF or MNF, I go to a bar or do a trial Sling account through Amazon. Still cheaper.

The main thing is we packaged our cable and internet thru the same company (GCI). Sumbitches have monopoly up here and of course there's no unlimited internet.

There's maybe 20 channels we watch and have like 800 lol. Definitely time to downsize alright. So how much is your monthly bill for the Amazon? Is it a flat rate or do you pay for each show you watch?

FireStick is like $35 one time charge or something, then you can stream whatever you want from there. So Netflix is $10 or so, HBO is $15, Showtime is $9, etc. We're Prime members at Amazon so we get all their shows and movies, plus we add to our movie library from time to time, which is cloud-based, so no more DVD cases floating around the house.

And that's it, no add ins after add ons? Sounds exactly like what I need here.

As far as football goes they show the hell out of the seahags here. No loss there

Forgot to ask Goal, do you have to have crazy fast internet for it to work?

No add ins. You can get Starz and a few other things if you want to pay extra each month but you don't have to.

Go buy an Amazing FireStick for $30 or whatever it is, see if you can stream ok with your current internet and you can also check the pricing for the apps you would want (Netflix, Hulu, HBO, etc).

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

I really need to do this too. I don't even want to post my cable bill here because I'd be rightfully mocked...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get it Boone. We were hanging out with my bff a while back talking about this and he said he knew he had to move on from his $200 cable bill but just hadn't gotten around to it.

I mocked him. A lot.

I get it Boone. We were hanging out with my bff a while back talking about this and he said he knew he had to move on from his $200 cable bill but just hadn't gotten around to it.

I mocked him. A lot.

Yeah but after researching what we wanted and how to go about getting it, we decided to stay with FIOS. I exhausted every number and it was just simpler to keep FIOS. My only concern now is going to figuring out how to get live TV coverage of Redskins' games since I am now in the Baltimore market. If I were just 3 miles west, I would get both. After going back and forth with Direct TV, I will never use their service...they're worse than Verizon, who have actually treated us well and provided a quality product.

You've decided to bite the bullet and not get many stations that we want...not ready to eliminate. Mostly my wife and kids, but still...she was not ready to give up all those channels. Gonna reseacrh this Kody streaming device to see what they offer...a buddy of mine swears by his. We'll see if that offers us everything we want.

Slingbox man - it's magical. You just need to find a buddy that gets the games locally. One time cost and you can watch on your laptop or tablet or connect to your TV. Best invention ever.

Slingbox man - it's magical. You just need to find a buddy that gets the games locally. One time cost and you can watch on your laptop or tablet or connect to your TV. Best invention ever.

During chat, do you find a delay in the action?

No - it's pretty much right on....

First episode of The Night Of was excellent.

Whatever can go wrong will go wrong. :)

...especially when one continues to make the worst possible decision over and over and over and over and...

Having said that, it didn't feel contrived or forced to me. I thought they did a nice job showing him making bad decisions, but not in an unrealistic way.

I noticed that James Gandolfini was credited as an executive producer. I guess this project has been in the works for some time seeing as he died three years ago.

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that he was attached as the John Turturo character before his death.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.