• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

Will get back to Homeland :) Sopranos cast is amazing across the board - amazing. One thing that will always set that show apart - the ending. I found it incredibly disturbing, both due to the black screen/silence to close the show, and because of what it implies. Brilliant use of music and foreshadowing as well.

Been sick in bed for 2 days, so I just watched much of the final season. Regarding that final scene, I narrowed it down to 2 people, but only one of them was shown to get behind Tony. I still cannot remember the guy who walked in with AJ, then sat at the bar, but he was eerily familiar. He was seen walking to the bathroom just before Meadow walked in. The other was the sporting goods owner, he was in a baseball hat with a rugged beard, sat by himself toward the front of the restaurant. But there was no indication of him getting out of his seat.

You know they're in talks about a Sopranos movie? If I recall correctly, they are going back in time, not picking up from where they left off.

Hmm, a Sopranos movie without Tony Soprano in it.

Boone, don't they say that a happy wife leads to a happy life?

It will be based in the 60's in Newark during the riots that rocked that city and created tremendous conflict between blacks and Italians. Tony would be a young boy, so it will likely include some of his father, and older brother Junior Soprano. So yeah...a Sopranos without Tony as the main character.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/08/movies/sopranos-prequel-movie-david-chase.html

This new season of Homeland is outstanding. Rarely do I watch a series with hour-long episodes that consistently feel like 30 minutes.

The premier of Billions let me feeling meh. Hopefully it was just setting the stage.

I was thinking the same thing about this season. While watching last week's episode, I looked at the clock and thought, "Where the hell did 48 minutes go?"

As much as I used to like it, I find it almost unwatchable this season. Seems more like a CNN report.

As much as I used to like it, I find it almost unwatchable this season. Seems more like a CNN report.

Haha! I always knew Chris was smarter than you.

I decided to not watch anymore episodes until the finale so I could binge. Thanks for ruining it for me. :kungfu:

Well gee Wally, I haven't seen the finale either. Have you seen any episode this season?

And of course Chris is smarter than me.

Well gee Wally, I haven't seen the finale either. Have you seen any episode this season?

And of course Chris is smarter than me.

I watched the 1st 6 episodes, and I liked them. When Chris mentioned what he did in this thread, I thought the same. Then the idea came to me to wait until they have all aired, then watch them all in 1 or 2 sittings. I am 3 episodes behind.

Has the finale happened?

Wife has us back on Downton Abbey again. The sets and costume design are on point for a period series.

The shows producers recently announced that the rumors of a feature-length film are indeed true. The entire cast has reportedly signed on.

HBO has announced that a Deadwood movie is a go. Giddy up.

HBO has announced that a Deadwood movie is a go. Giddy up.

They just need to be sure to have the same characters. I wonder if George Hearst will be in it?

They just need to be sure to have the same characters. I wonder if George Hearst will be in it?

It sounded like that's the plan. Said it was a monumental task coordinating all of the actor's schedules.

Love me some 'I Was Prey'. Something so fascinating about the brutality of nature and where the human place in the food chain is ... It's on Animal Planet if you aren't familiar with it. Only gripe - the constant 'review' of the storyline after commercial breaks. A lot of shows do this, and I hate it. I know what happened before the commercial - because I'm watching the damn show :)

Love me some 'I Was Prey'. Something so fascinating about the brutality of nature and where the human place in the food chain is ... It's on Animal Planet if you aren't familiar with it. Only gripe - the constant 'review' of the storyline after commercial breaks. A lot of shows do this, and I hate it. I know what happened before the commercial - because I'm watching the damn show :)

I keep wanting to watch it, but usually am with the kids when it comes on and haven't recorded it.

The new season of Better Call Saul is on, and I have to admit...I think I like it better than Breaking Bad. Odenkirk was never given the credit he deserved for his role on BB, he helped carry that show.

And I recently signed up for Hulu and cam across one of my all time favorite series, Hill Street Blues. You know the show is good when it doesn't matter what period it was created, you still see the quality of the production from the actors, to the writers, and the production.

I keep wanting to watch it, but usually am with the kids when it comes on and haven't recorded it.

The new season of Better Call Saul is on, and I have to admit...I think I like it better than Breaking Bad. Odenkirk was never given the credit he deserved for his role on BB, he helped carry that show.

And I recently signed up for Hulu and cam across one of my all time favorite series, Hill Street Blues. You know the show is good when it doesn't matter what period it was created, you still see the quality of the production from the actors, to the writers, and the production.

The first season of 'Better Call Saul' looked like it was almost going to be a comedic series. But the writers have quickly found the same formula they used for 'Breaking Bad' where decisions have unintended consequences that show up throughout an entire season. It's getting darker by the minute. And I love it. I'm guessing at some point, they're going to find a way to bring our dark prince, W.W. into the fray :)

The first season of 'Better Call Saul' looked like it was almost going to be a comedic series. But the writers have quickly found the same formula they used for 'Breaking Bad' where decisions have unintended consequences that show up throughout an entire season. It's getting darker by the minute. And I love it. I'm guessing at some point, they're going to find a way to bring our dark prince, W.W. into the fray :)

What's his face said he would make an appearance if warranted, but I don't see how they could do it, unless it wraps up the series. I like the show a lot, but it's on a limited life span because of the aging actors. Mike simply cannot be convincing as a killer if he's walking around with a walker. Haha!

As for the comic/darker side of Saul...I gotta believe at least some of that was intended, but you are absolutely correct, this formula is much like BB and it is getting interesting to say the least. Again, only problem with a prequel, is that you really cannot have surprises at to whom will die. You kinda know who will, and definitely know who won't.

I'm just taken by Odenkirk's ability to carry the show. That was my only question mark going in and here we are at season 4 and there is no indication it cannot go for at least a couple more, having been signed on for at least a season 5.

I have to admit, it's absolutely immature, juvenile humor...but it's a sheer brilliant spoof of the modern docudrama!

American Vandal is hilarious!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.