• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

Yeah it was a good production, solid casting and the sets/wardobe were pretty damn good. Ne5flix is firing better movies out in the last couple of years.

Another one to see, if you havent already is Outlaw King

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6679794/

‘The Brink' is a very funny show with Tim Robbins as an advisor to POTUS. Definitely recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone watching the Watchmen? I like the first few episodes, but the last couple have just made me shake my head.

With 3 episodes left, I hope they do better.

Blacklist >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Breaking Bad.
And everything else on TV and film.
It's not even close.
Nothing else is even in the same universe.
And that is an understatement.

I have no idea what Blacklist is. I'm still highly skeptical about that bold, bold statement :)

Blacklist >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Breaking Bad.
And everything else on TV and film.
It's not even close.
Nothing else is even in the same universe.
And that is an understatement.

I have a funny story about the Blacklist. My wife and I started watching that show. We got through season 1 and we had our DVR set to record season 2. Turns out we set it to only keep 5 episodes and not all. So when we got time to watch it, it had deleted the first 3 episodes of season 2 and only had the next 5. But that's OK because NBC said you can catch up on missed episodes online. No you couldn't. They would only show you the most recent episode and maybe one or two others online. Which in our case were the episodes we had recorded. The rest were just the trailers for past episodes. So we ended up deleting the shows we didn't watch and never went back to watch it.

To this day, I still don't understand why networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC) don't make their shows more readily available after they air. With streaming services letting you pick your episodes, why don't the networks do the same? Maybe they do now and I just haven't attempted to watch anything from the networks that fit this scenario. But this is an example of how they lost viewers because we missed a few episodes and couldn't catch back up. And unlike the streaming services, these networks rely on ratings and us actually watching. So if we miss and feel like we are lost, we are done and they lose viewers.

I just realized I have seen the first season of 'The Blacklist' - that's the one with James Spader, right? Pretty good. But better than 'Breaking Bad'?? Not even close imho. I think what made BB so awesome was the quality of the writing, how the story was woven together over time, and the numerous amazing characters. I don't see that level of skill in Blacklist but I guess it's all a matter of taste.

I have a funny story about the Blacklist. My wife and I started watching that show. We got through season 1 and we had our DVR set to record season 2. Turns out we set it to only keep 5 episodes and not all. So when we got time to watch it, it had deleted the first 3 episodes of season 2 and only had the next 5. But that's OK because NBC said you can catch up on missed episodes online. No you couldn't. They would only show you the most recent episode and maybe one or two others online. Which in our case were the episodes we had recorded. The rest were just the trailers for past episodes. So we ended up deleting the shows we didn't watch and never went back to watch it.

To this day, I still don't understand why networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC) don't make their shows more readily available after they air. With streaming services letting you pick your episodes, why don't the networks do the same? Maybe they do now and I just haven't attempted to watch anything from the networks that fit this scenario. But this is an example of how they lost viewers because we missed a few episodes and couldn't catch back up. And unlike the streaming services, these networks rely on ratings and us actually watching. So if we miss and feel like we are lost, we are done and they lose viewers.

You probably know this, but you can catch up with those missed shows on Netflix.
Not the most convenient, but if it's doable for you, you can certainly fill in the missing pieces of the story, eventually.

I just realized I have seen the first season of 'The Blacklist' - that's the one with James Spader, right? Pretty good. But better than 'Breaking Bad'?? Not even close imho. I think what made BB so awesome was the quality of the writing, how the story was woven together over time, and the numerous amazing characters. I don't see that level of skill in Blacklist but I guess it's all a matter of taste.

Those things you mentioned about BB, are exactly the reason why BL is so good.
I feel that BB relies heavily on blood, guts, violence, and gore to sensationalize the story and lure in viewers.
While BL's writing and weaving the story goes way far beyond that, and maintains it for far more episodes, which is hard to do.
From the first episode to the 133rd episode, and from the 1st season to the 6th season, they are still weaving some of the same concepts through the story somehow and done so intriguingly, just when you thought those concepts had run its course and couldn't be woven any longer. And that writing ability is mind-boggling.
BB, at best, does it for only about 70 episodes.

Last edited:
OK, so I have been confined to my recliner and my bed recovering from another achilles surgery. I have tried several series and just couldn't get into any of them.

The worst one I attempted was the Witcher. It was horrible!

Anyway, I fell in love with this young lady when she played the prostitute, Rachel Posner in House of Cards, Rachel Brosnahan. She had the prettiest boobs I ever saw, next to my...er...umm....you get my point.

I saw she was in a series on Amazon called the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, so I was curious. 15 minutes into the show and she showed them so I was hooked! :laugh:

In all seriousness, it is a pretty good series. Based in the late 50's/early 60's she a recent divorcee who ends up becoming a stand up comedian in a man's world. She is extremely charming, sufficiently funny, and HOT!!!

Not a storyline I would ordinarily follow, but my crush got me hooked. It is one of those very well crafted series that pays tremendous attention to detail.

https://imgix.bustle.com/uploads/image/2019/10/14/52aebc36-726c-4fb3-aeed-321027ce6904-marvelous-mrs-maisel-season-3-990x557.jpg?w=1200&h=630&q=70&fit=crop&crop=faces&fm=jpg

Her voice is soooo annoying. I endured it - not a bad show - but that effing voice (I want to put a bunch of exclamation marks here but can't)

Yeah we binge Mrs Maisel as well, and yes she's giggity

Her voice is soooo annoying. I endured it - not a bad show - but that effing voice (I want to put a bunch of exclamation marks here but can't)

Now, you're just making me mad.

Nah...just doesn't relay the tone as well.

Now, you're just making me mad!!!

And you know that's not her real voice though, right? It's her Upper West Side Jewish voice.

And Win, "we" don't watch it in my house, my wife makes fun of me for watching calling it a chick show.

You're just in love with her tits :)

You're just in love with her tits :)

Why yes...yes sir, I am!

[video]https://giphy.com/gifs/69uMPrtEk1ByU/html5[/video]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.