• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

What makes the Wire so great? I enjoyed it - the characters have a lot of depth...but I didn't find the plotlines compelling. Sorry. I have to call it over-hyped. Just one poor bastard's assessment. And I say that with some reservations, because my father absolutely swore it was the best ever. I'd put Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, and Band of Brothers all easily ahead of it.

Okay - Homeland here I come. I'm going to give 'Billions' a chance. My eyes started to glaze over in episode one with some of the stock/trading talk - but I'll try and ride that out. If I don't like it, you can put out a cigarette on my chest. Or piss on me. Whichever is more appealing.

Well, I respect you too much to piss on you, cigarettes to your chest it is.

In all seriousness, I can see how Billions may not be for everyone, I liked it. I would equate it to the original Wall Street,

You should enjoy HOMELAND.

Man...3 episodes into 'Homeland' and I'm hooked! How'd I miss this one ...

Was taking a look at Netflix shows yesterday and came across ‘The Frankenstein Chronicles'. We ended up binging the 6 episode season lol. Pretty damn good show

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definitely going to check that out. Looks like it ran just 2 seasons and ended, but highly rated on imDb.

We just started season 2 and it picks right up with intensity. They better renew the contract for season 3, or I'll burn a couch!

In preparation for their new series on History Channel, The Men Who Built America, Frontiersman, they replayed their successful series, The Men Who Built America. I watched it again and was reminded how powerful Vanderbilt, Carnegie, JP Morgan, and Rockefeller had become.

We often hear about how rich the tech babies are today, Bezos is worth 100 billion, a staggering number. Rockefeller's wealth when he died was today's equivalent of 660 Billion.

Not only did these men make their families rich, but their life's work created the middle class in America, and made millions richer.

Anyway, the new series started 2 nights ago, but I haven't had the chance to sit down and watch...it will focus on the development of the frontier from Daniel Boone, to Lewis and Clark, to Tecumseh and many others.

Last edited:
Boone, how far along did you make it with Homeland?

I've only watched maybe 5-6 episodes but really liked it. I'll pick it up again soon. Just haven't had a long stretch recently where I could properly 'binge' :) Thanks for the recommendation!

Btw - there's a new one on AMC called 'The Terror' that they teased on this week's Walking Dead episode. Horror/suspense about a couple of British ships exploring Antartica and discovering *something* out there... Looks good although I already missed the premiere last night.

This new season of Homeland is outstanding. Rarely do I watch a series with hour-long episodes that consistently feel like 30 minutes.

The premier of Billions let me feeling meh. Hopefully it was just setting the stage.

This new season of Homeland is outstanding. Rarely do I watch a series with hour-long episodes that consistently feel like 30 minutes.

The premier of Billions let me feeling meh. Hopefully it was just setting the stage.

I was thinking the same thing about this season. While watching last week's episode, I looked at the clock and thought, "Where the hell did 48 minutes go?"

As for Billions, I'm just not sure how far Axe's character can go, while Chuck has a much higher ceiling, it seems.

Santa Clarita Diet season 2 just landed - 4 episodes in, still pretty effing funny.

Barry on HBO looks really good too, only watched one so far, but I love Bill Hader and have high hopes.

I have been binge-watching the new Netflix series 'Lost in Space'. It's definitely worth a watch if you're a sci-fi fan or nostalgic for the original series. Casting is very interesting. Parker Posey is a female version of Dr. Zachary Smith. I hated that idea, but the truth is, she's so good at playing a conniving, despicable, saboteur that you have to admire that casting choice. Actors are all really fantastic.

They've taken a totally different approach with 'Robot' that really makes the show go.

Don't miss this one. Very high production quality as well - beautifully shot.

You are going to have to suspend disbelief. Some of the 'science' in play is just plain stupid. But hey - it's TV :)

Lost interest in Homeland?

I have been rewatching the Sopranos, haven't done that in at 8 years. I have to say Edie Falco is one phenomenal actor.

Will get back to Homeland :) Sopranos cast is amazing across the board - amazing. One thing that will always set that show apart - the ending. I found it incredibly disturbing, both due to the black screen/silence to close the show, and because of what it implies. Brilliant use of music and foreshadowing as well.

I have been binge-watching the new Netflix series 'Lost in Space'.

Downloaded it for the missus last week and she watched it all over two nights. Trouble is she finally relented in letting me have a 65" Full HD TV and I haven't seen anything on it yet! Not even a replay of anything. She tells me 'That is what the computer is for!'.

Well, you know what they say Aussie...

If momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.