• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

You guys got me bummed to even watch the Deadwood movie now. Do Wu's pigs get to eat anyone at least?

Last edited:
You guys got me bummed to even watch the Deadwood movie now. Do Wu's pigs get to eat anyone at least?

Of course! And it is worth a watch for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I should stop using guides and such for tv programs and just ask Elephant what to watch. Lol

I think I should stop using guides and such for tv programs and just ask Elephant what to watch. Lol

Haha! Here's one for you guys...perhaps the most off the wall comedy I have ever seen. Picture a female Benny Hill, in a 21st century sitcom instead of a variety show.

Fleabag

I have only watched the 1st 3 episodes, but it is bat shit crazy, funny.

Edit: OK, Fleabag took a turn from funny to inappropriate behavior for the sake of laughs. It's definitely turned into a social justice piece, directing the viewer to feel sorry for some completely disturbed individuals...normalizing certain behaviors.

Last edited:
Just finished watching Season 2 of ‘Ozark' on Netflix. Jason Bateman is a money laundering accountant for the Cartel... really good with Season 3 coming later this year...

Cutting the cord later this week. Tired of cable after all these years.

Probably going with Playstation Vue. Got an ultra-Roku. Just need to figure out how it all works.

Just finished watching Season 2 of ‘Ozark' on Netflix. Jason Bateman is a money laundering accountant for the Cartel... really good with Season 3 coming later this year...

Yup, I like it. And I have to give Laura Linney mad props...usually when a female character cheats on her husband, I can not ever appreciate that character in any way. In season 2, Linney did a masterful job of making that character likable again.

And I like the new series on Showtime with Kevin Bacon, City on a Hill. We've seen the corrupt FBI agent in 80's Boston, but this is a whole new twist and ugly as he is, Kevin Bacon is a great actor! After 2 episodes, I'm in.

Oh and Boone...the SHIELD!!!

Haven't had cable for about 9-10 years now. The money we 'saved' not having cable went to the internet and unlimited downloads so we could download (and save to HDD) TV shows that Australians can only wish for. Most of the 'good' TV shows are on either Netflix or Showtime (which is only available on cable in Australia) so programs like Game of Thrones, True Blood and OITNB are only viewable on cable, so by having unlimited downloads (and VPN) I can get US only TV shows, as well as being up to a season ahead of TV programs that are available on FTA.

Primarily watching and downloading classic and Current Anime Both Japanese and English dub versions while upgrading from real media and quicktime formats to the higher quality new mp4 versions.

Have you tried Media Player Classic, available with the K-Lite Codec Pack? It's what I use and have done so for a number of years now.

Haven't had cable for about 9-10 years now. The money we 'saved' not having cable went to the internet and unlimited downloads so we could download (and save to HDD) TV shows that Australians can only wish for. Most of the 'good' TV shows are on either Netflix or Showtime (which is only available on cable in Australia) so programs like Game of Thrones, True Blood and OITNB are only viewable on cable, so by having unlimited downloads (and VPN) I can get US only TV shows, as well as being up to a season ahead of TV programs that are available on FTA.

Using Kodi?

What is Kodi?

I use the VPN because the authorities keep closing the websites that I get my programs from. By using a VPN, I could be downloading from anywhere! That way, I can't be caught.

The US only programs I download aren't seen on Australian FTA. I don't even watch FTA as there is a computer based replay system, called Freeview, that I also use.

I still love cable. They have everything I want bundled in a package, except for 2 channels on the ROKU I have to purchase. The price I'd pay for what we actually use is about the same, and with our most recent term almost up I will see how much better I can do.

Every other year they try to jack up my prices when I reached the term limit, I call retention and negotiate a price. The last time was easier than the previous, in 4 months I'll find out how easy the next one is.

Competition in a free market is the best of things!

When we were on cable, the cable company kept jacking up the price with no added content except ads. Being subsciption TV, you would think ads are non-existant, but not with this cable company. FOXTEL.

Funnily enough, when we were paying our money, they wouldn't compromise on better deals. You either put up with the channels you were paying for, or not have cable TV at all. We eventually opted for the second. Once we cancelled, they were on the phone negotiating what packages we wanted just to return. Couldn't negotiate when we where subscribers but could do so when we left? Ads halfway through movies? Pausing 'live' tv? Even pausing for a second no longer makes it 'live'. You are a second behind!

With downloading programs, you don't have to put up with the ads so you can watch from the start of the program until the end, with no interruptions. It also shows how much of an hour is taken up by ads. As each hour long program runs for about 40 minutes, it indicates how much time is taken up by mindless drivel!

Until cable TV allows you to pick your own packages and not have to pay for what they think you might watch, we're sticking with the internet.

Until cable TV allows you to pick your own packages and not have to pay for what they think you might watch, we're sticking with the internet.

We do have the package we want, with a choice of 5 different packages, I have always been able to negotiate terms when the agreement reached it's conclusion, and the internet is the best/fastest I've ever had. And you're talking to a guy who transfers extremely large photo and video files every day.

I also transfer photo and video files (obviously not of the Redskins but local sport) and even my internet is dodgy where these are involved (the modem just drops out and the provider does not have any indication) and some movies take longer to download than the movie itself, but it's the ads I didn't like, or want, included in my viewing 'pleasure'. Channel promos I can understand but just plain old ads, they are supposed to be non-existant on subscription TV.

...but it's the ads I didn't like, or want, included in my viewing 'pleasure'. Channel promos I can understand but just plain old ads, they are supposed to be non-existant on subscription TV.

As for commercials, HBO and other pay channels have no commercials, but the basic cable channels do...for those, DVR is my friend!

At the time we only had the one cable network, so it didn't matter what you did, you still got the ads. I resorted to a DVD Recorder (before I ditched cableTV) and tried to get rid of the ads that way. I could also keep any DVD that contained numerous episodes of the one program. I even spoke to the head programmer, on the phone, about an episode that wasn't shown due to 'technical difficulties'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.