• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

Pretty awesome start to the season.

Right on, the previews and what tidbits of recaps I've read are echoing a helluva season to come. The walker war scenes are gonna be epic!

Right on, the previews and what tidbits of recaps I've read are echoing a helluva season to come. The walker war scenes are gonna be epic!

And Aryia has become the all-time badass of the Stark family. :)

And Aryia has become the all-time badass of the Stark family. :)

The wife kickstarted our HBO yesterday and we immediately watched GoT. Man you weren't kidding, that season premiere was a great setup. Tons to look forward to.

Those walker giants are insane!

Technically he's a Targaryen though right?

He's half Stark, half Targaryen.

His Mum was Ned Starks sister Lyanna, and his father is Rhaegar Targaryen.

It cold be said that this is one reason the books are called "A song of Ice and Fire" because this duality plays out everywhere. The Sun of Kings Landing vs the snow of Winterfell. The inevitable battle between Dany and her Dragons and the White Walkers, the fact that Jon is half Stark (Ice) and half Targaryen (Fire)...

I don't think he was ever a Barathean because though Lyanna was supposed to marry Rob and join the two houses together, it never happened.

Yes, I forgot that his mom was raped by the Targaryen.

Watched 'GoT: What's happened so far.' before the first episode of the latest season, and to say I had forgotten more than I remembered is an understatement. Considering this will be a short season, I'll get all the episodes then overdose myself on GoT to bring me back up to speed and in readiness for the final season.

Yeah, this season is gonna be intense. I'm already bracing for more major characters being killed off, along with some ridiculous plot twists.

Funny thing is - I read that as a Redskins-related post.

And it still made perfect sense.

Yeah, this season is gonna be intense. I'm already bracing for more major characters being killed off, along with some ridiculous plot twists.

Funny thing is - I read that as a Redskins-related post.

And it still made perfect sense.

Which characters do you think will be killd off ? :paranoid:

Remains to be seen :)

Which characters do you think will be killd off ? :paranoid:

Let me state for record that I don't read the books, only watch the shows. So just patterning how they have no problem killing off liked characters at a given moment is no stretch on the final season.

With that said I can see the last episodes with the following scenarios......

-Euron Greyjoys "present" to Cersai being either Tyrion, a dragon binder horn (a Daenerys loss), or Olenna Tyrell
-Finally learning compassion and common sense Jamie kills Cersai mad king style
-John Snow gets shockingly double crossed and killed by Sansa
-The hound (revenge) or the Mountain kill Arya in a botched assassination

I know, these seem far fetched but this show has a habit of shock moments and just bracing myself for such things.

I don't see them letting Cersai have the throne, there'd be too much negative remembrance of the show. Kinda like the Glenn factor with TWD. My prediction for final ruler will be John Snow or Tyron because I believe he's also the 3rd dragon riding Targaryen behind JS & DT, imho.

Remains to be seen :)

Probably the safest bet, would be that character who repeatedly drops that pig-skin device, right at the most dramatic points in the story.

Let me state for record that I don't read the books, only watch the shows. So just patterning how they have no problem killing off liked characters at a given moment is no stretch on the final season.

With that said I can see the last episodes with the following scenarios......

-Euron Greyjoys "present" to Cersai being either Tyrion, a dragon binder horn (a Daenerys loss), or Olenna Tyrell
-Finally learning compassion and common sense Jamie kills Cersai mad king style
-John Snow gets shockingly double crossed and killed by Sansa
-The hound (revenge) or the Mountain kill Arya in a botched assassination

Seriously, you have a future as a movie critic, if you so desire.
You have a true knack for that. Good job.

Well I forgot all about the Dorne chicks. Euron Greyjoy is quite a brash prick it would seem too.

Does anyone actually watch the opening credits of the show, all the kingdoms and gears turning? To echo a fan observation, when it showed the wall the far right side has a sea at the end of it. This seasons intro shows its frozen over. White army be marching around that shiz

Watching the new Fx series, Snowfall. It's about the explosion of crack ion the LA scene in the early 80's.

Pretty good so far.

I watched all of Ozark. Pretty entertaining.

For those of you with HULU there's a pretty good mini series on there called (11:22:63). The premise is James Franco's character goes back into time using a portal to prevent JFK's assasination. He gets sidetracked a bit too. Has a solid cast and superb sets/props. Some of the cars used are downright gorgeous!

11.22.63 (TV Mini-Series 2016? ) - IMDb

Hey Win... if you like these types of story lines, probably my favorite regarding going back in time regarding the Kennedy assassination is Running Against Time with Catherine Hicks and Robert Hays. The premise is the old "time machine" but while they are going back to stop the assassination, there's a different reason (other than simply stopping). That's if you can find it.. it's from 1990.

Also a note re: 11/22/63 .. netflix has it on DVD

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.