• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

Best series I've ever watched.

Band of Brothers was a miniseries - I don't think it's quite the same. There's never been a series that maintained the amazing quality that Breaking Bad did over numerous seasons. Game of Thrones? Can't comment - I've watched a few shows but I think that might be a stretch. I know some will chime in on the Wire - another series I have seen a few shows, but not watched in its entirety.

You're right. ;)

The Wire remains my #1 even though you never got into it. The breadth of the various story lines and the depth and quality of the cast and characters preserves that ranking for me. Also, the fact that it is a realistic and believable portrayal of events only adds to the allure to me.

You're right. ;)

The Wire remains my #1 even though you never got into it. The breadth of the various story lines and the depth and quality of the cast and characters preserves that ranking for me. Also, the fact that it is a realistic and believable portrayal of events only adds to the allure to me.

Not so much that I 'never got into it' - I think, like Breaking Bad, it's a show that you have to commit to 4 or 5 episodes and then you get pulled in. I do an hour on a stationary bike in the gym after work every evening. Been watching Season 2 of 'Lilyhammer' on Netflix (which I recommend btw). As soon as I'm done with that, I'm going to finally watch the Wire. Too many smart people I know (including my dearly departed father) rave about it - so I know I've missed something special.

My misunderstanding. I thought I remembered you trying a couple of times but not finding it your cup of tea.

Th Wire...hands down. I liked Breaking Bad, a lot...since it's conclusion I have tried to watch the series over starting from the beginning, I can't...too long, and kinda boring. I could watch the Wire in it's entirety for the 4th time soon, and not think twice about it.

As for current shows, I really like Tabboo. It's the first FX series I have been able to stomach since the Shield, yet it's so much more than simply "stomaching" it. The show is well crafted, well acted and the story line is quite good. It's a great period piece. Anyone with any streaming device can watch it if you don't have FX, just sign up for FX on the device.

My misunderstanding. I thought I remembered you trying a couple of times but not finding it your cup of tea.

I would say that the first 2 or 3 episodes did not 'grab me', but I know that it must be fantastic based on the assessments of so many smart people (you being one of them) that it is the best series they've ever watched. That alone will compel me to finally watch it in its entirety.

Th Wire...hands down. I liked Breaking Bad, a lot...since it's conclusion I have tried to watch the series over starting from the beginning, I can't...too long, and kinda boring. I could watch the Wire in it's entirety for the 4th time soon, and not think twice about it.

As for current shows, I really like Tabboo. It's the first FX series I have been able to stomach since the Shield, yet it's so much more than simply "stomaching" it. The show is well crafted, well acted and the story line is quite good. It's a great period piece. Anyone with any streaming device can watch it if you don't have FX, just sign up for FX on the device.

I know what you mean. I really enjoyed BB but, in retrospect, for every OMG episode there were a couple 'meh' ones. Sort of like The Sopranos.

As for Taboo, I made it through about the first half hour and was bored. Maybe I should try again.

I'm looking forward to the new season of House of Cards, which I believe drops in May. As crazy as the last season was, it will be hard for them to match the current reality in D.C.

As for Taboo, I made it through about the first half hour and was bored. Maybe I should try again.

Only problem I have with it is that they play up the "spiritual" or "ghost" aspect of it, but I reminded my 21st century thinking that there wasn't much science to explain away a lot of those "ghost" aspects of life back then. First episode was most difficult, or maybe I like it because i have a man crush on Tom Hardy...who knows? :smitten:

Last edited:
Only problem I have with it is that they play up the "spiritual" or "ghost" aspect of it, but I reminded myself 21st century thinking that there wasn't much science to explain away a lot of those "ghost" aspects of life back then. First episode was most difficult, or maybe I like it because i have a man crush on Tom Hardy...who knows? :smitten:

:thud:

I would say that the first 2 or 3 episodes did not 'grab me', but I know that it must be fantastic based on the assessments of so many smart people (you being one of them) that it is the best series they've ever watched. That alone will compel me to finally watch it in its entirety.

Whenever I recommend BB Ido warn people to stick with it through the first few episodes.

Personally I was in after the bathtub scene in the second episode. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta admit I'm probably the only Merican that's never watched the Wire or Breaking Bad. I'm still hurt by Boone saying GoT was meh tho.

I have watched maybe 4 episodes of GoT and I thought it was great (although I'll confess I was already having trouble keeping track of which character was who). That's another series on my bucket list. So maybe I'll change my mind when all is said and done :) Is that better?

Whenever I recommend BB Ido warn people to stick with it through the first few episodes.

Personally I was in after the bathtub scene in the second episode. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think for me, it's the Skyler/Walt scene: 'Walt - is that you???'

BB comes out on top for me, but it's close. The Wire is amazing, and challenged me regarding societal ills; BB challenged me about who I am as a person and what I would be theoretically capable of. Plus, BB had the one scene with the kid (and that's all I'm going to say about it) that literally took my breath away - I've never sat and stared at a blank TV screen for five minutes before or after like I did with that scene.

Haven't heard much about 'Westworld' lately...did it meh out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.