• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

Hey Boone, have you started the Shield yet? I know you had a prejudice against Michael Chiklis, but the series is a top ranking series for a reason. The show's best character is played by CCH Pounder. She really ends up stealing the series away from Chiklis with her powerful performances, and seeing her character develop.

You should give it a shot! NOW!!!!

I'll do that soon El :cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Predictions for tonight's finale...

Tyrion stabs Danny with his 'hand pendent' killing her
John is crowned king with Devos as his hand
Sansa rules the north from Winterfell (bonus: Poderick is her man)
Arya & Gendry run their lands together, with the pack of new dire wolves
Yara is named the realm's fleet admiral
Drogon is set free to lay eggs or whatever
Samwell is put in charge of the realm library and declared maester of the realm
Tormund moves to Winterfell with Brienne to help protect Sansa
Bran stays creepy so Sansa builds him a handicap accessible fort in the were-woods that is renamed Reekville

Probably butchered the spelling on all the names but just remember, you're not my real dad!

Predictions for tonight's finale...

Tyrion stabs Danny with his 'hand pendent' killing her
John is crowned king with Devos as his hand
Sansa rules the north from Winterfell (bonus: Poderick is her man)
Arya & Gendry run their lands together, with the pack of new dire wolves
Yara is named the realm's fleet admiral
Drogon is set free to lay eggs or whatever
Samwell is put in charge of the realm library and declared maester of the realm
Tormund moves to Winterfell with Brienne to help protect Sansa
Bran stays creepy so Sansa builds him a handicap accessible fort in the were-woods that is renamed Reekville

Probably butchered the spelling on all the names but just remember, you're not my real dad!

nailed_it_baby_meme_06_0a68a66ae4d025ba4ea0e40fc14398e1d8ccf9e6.jpg

LOL didn't get a single one right.

FFS they didn't even give John Snow lubricant for the final episode. How in the hell do you banish John after everything he's done? **** Grey Worm and his feelings. This section of writing I totally loathe. In Win-steros, John would be praised for his deeds and welcome anywhere he wanted to go. The appeasement of GW would have been an 'oh hell nah' on biblical proportions. John's own family gave him the proverbial F-U. Hated this story line for him, deserved better.
Grade-Shit minus

Also, Braun as the master of coin?! While we're at it let's just reward every 2-bit thief left in the realm with titles, land, cushy ceo jobs because, why not.
Grade-F+

Sansa deserved the North but loses major points for not sticking up for her brothers banishment. She'll be a stern but fair queen.
Grade-B-

Was rooting for Arya & Gendry to start up a new house but her exploring makes sense and fits nice.
Grade-C

Bran becoming king. Could he not tell his family atleast how this shit would end? At bare minimum pardon John's banishment sentence. His ultimate story line was stupid.
Grade-D

I did enjoy the show very much overall, just would have liked to see some justice for John

#Justice4John

Quick shout-out to Veep here, the funniest, most profane show I've seen probably ever - also ended it's run in the last week or so. Julia Louis-Dreyfuss is a national treasure and quite possibly the greatest sitcom performer of all time.

If you haven't seen it, and think Deadwood-level swearing is fine, go enjoy it.

Quick shout-out to Veep here, the funniest, most profane show I've seen probably ever - also ended it's run in the last week or so. Julia Louis-Dreyfuss is a national treasure and quite possibly the greatest sitcom performer of all time.

If you haven't seen it, and think Deadwood-level swearing is fine, go enjoy it.

Anytime the wife and I need a good laugh we go straight to the best Veep one-liners on youtube. They've got drink spitting quotes sometimes.

Last edited:
FFS they didn't even give John Snow lubricant for the final episode. How in the hell do you banish John after everything he's done? **** Grey Worm and his feelings. This section of writing I totally loathe. In Win-steros, John would be praised for his deeds and welcome anywhere he wanted to go. The appeasement of GW would have been an 'oh hell nah' on biblical proportions. John's own family gave him the proverbial F-U. Hated this story line for him, deserved better.
Grade-Shit minus

Also, Braun as the master of coin?! While we're at it let's just reward every 2-bit thief left in the realm with titles, land, cushy ceo jobs because, why not.
Grade-F+

Sansa deserved the North but loses major points for not sticking up for her brothers banishment. She'll be a stern but fair queen.
Grade-B-

Was rooting for Arya & Gendry to start up a new house but her exploring makes sense and fits nice.
Grade-C

Bran becoming king. Could he not tell his family atleast how this shit would end? At bare minimum pardon John's banishment sentence. His ultimate story line was stupid.
Grade-D

I did enjoy the show very much overall, just would have liked to see some justice for John

#Justice4John

Where everyone ended up was fine. How they got there was kinda lame. After all the years of good/great seasons and episodes, the finale seemed like it was thrown together late one night by someone who was tired and just trying to put something down so they could go to bed.

But, you're wrong about Jon. While it appears he got the shaft, in reality, he got what he most wanted.
He saved the world. Bran knew he would not remain at Castle Black. That he would go north of the wall, and live out his days as he wanted.

As just a guy.

Of course, if their ultimate goal is to come out with a blockbuster movie in 5yrs, one that shatters every record in existence, they have laid the groundwork, quite well.

Wow. Where to start....

SPOILERS!!!!!!

Dany... While I loved the visual of her at the start, it was a bit on the nose. Oooo look, she has Dragon wings, banners, her armies lining up as she tells them about the glories she's going to pursue next in the name of whatever... Nazi overtones much? This has annoyed me for the whole series, her fall to villainy was just to fast. Only a couple of seasons ago she was the woman so ashamed of her dragons actions when they accidentally killed a young boy that she locked them away. Now she's a mass murderer committing war crime atrocities. I WISH they'd have extended these seasons and made her fall more gradual than a case of.... oh bugger they've beheaded my bestie and my boyfriends my nephew so now I must be evil. While her downfall had been foreshadowed, foreshadowing is NOT character development.

Jon killing Dany... Was always going to happen... but because their relationship was so brief it never landed with the impact it should have. If they'd had this love affair for a few seasons, then it would have hit home how hard a decision it was for Jon to do it. As it was the moment he kissed her we knew the knife was going in. I was more teared up by Drogon's reaction. But then we've seen the Dany/Drogon relationship for years now so of course that had more impact.

Bran the Broken... Really? Bran gets to be king because he has a better story... What about Arya's story? That's pretty damn compelling. More so than a boy who fell out of a window, got dragged around, sat in a tree, went missing for a WHOLE season and finally lost his humanity. I'm not sure what he did to deserve Kingship. And how on earth does it take the Kingsmoot just 5 mins to decide "Yeah Tyrion's got a point. Aye!". If you've read the books, then I DO think Bran is destined for the throne, only I'm sure George will make his case far better.

Arya... This was probably her season. She was definitely MVP. I liked her ending and would happily watch the inevitable 'Arya Goes West' spin off show. :D

Jon... Got shafted. At least he got Ghost back. But... since Greyworm has buggered off to his beach in Naath, why does Jon still have to go into Exile? I always expected him to Abdicate and go North, that's what I feel he wanted. But to have to leave in such dishonour after essentially being the man who saved mankind TWICE! (He was the man who brought the armies to fight the Night King, even if Arya did the final kill. And it was him that stopped the new Mad Queen!) He deserved to leave on his own terms, not someone elses.

Yara... Probably because Yara still thinks that what Dany did by slaying thousands of innocents was still okay. Put a pin in Yara because I'm coming back to her in a second...

Sansa... I still think SHE should have been on the throne. She's by far the most qualified ruler. Learned her lessons well. Quietly confident, firm, commanding and with empathy for her people. She'll make an excellent Queen of the North and will be beloved because she got them their independence...

Yara... Which brings me back to Yara. Didn't she, in an earlier episode, broker independence for the Iron Islands from Dany? So why when Sansa goes "Yeah the North is going Independent" didn't she chime in and say, "Yeah hold up, we're independent too!" ARGH! SO much doesn't make sense!

Tyrion... His conversation with Jon was the highpoint of the episode. Jon coming to try and talk him into seeing things correctly turns to Tyrion convincing Jon to do the right thing. This was a great scene. Loved it.

Brienne... We all know what Brienne REALLY wanted to write in that book. LOL

Sam... Which brings me to The Book. So this book is going to be called 'A Song of Ice and Fire'... bit on the nose but I'll roll with it. And it was written by... NOBODY WHO WAS INVOLVED?! Sam just comes up with the Title. Did he ghostwrite it? I'd have been happier if it had been Sam that wrote it. I always felt like this was his story to tell.

Jaime/Cersei... Poetic I guess that they went out as they did. But it was such a heel turn from Jaime to ditch Brienne. Again with a longer pair of seasons they could have let this breath and shown more of his dilemma. But no. And Cersei at Kings Landing was very disappointing. She was supposedly the ultimate schemer and yet when push came to shove she had nothing. Use the WildFire!!!! Anything! But no, she goes out just standing in a window drinking wine. :/

Anyway.... rant over. LOL

Such a shame the series went out like this. Disappointing but at least it wasn't Dexter. :D

Where everyone ended up was fine. How they got there was kinda lame. After all the years of good/great seasons and episodes, the finale seemed like it was thrown together late one night by someone who was tired and just trying to put something down so they could go to bed.

But, you're wrong about Jon. While it appears he got the shaft, in reality, he got what he most wanted.
He saved the world. Bran knew he would not remain at Castle Black. That he would go north of the wall, and live out his days as he wanted.

As just a guy.

Of course, if their ultimate goal is to come out with a blockbuster movie in 5yrs, one that shatters every record in existence, they have laid the groundwork, quite well.

I could agree with you on John if he acted happy about being shunned like an Amish whore. Dude just saved the world, again, then his own family won't go to bat for him. If he didn't want to be king it's all good, but catering to no worm's demands AFTER everything John's done is a million kinds of wrong imo. When they were all on the dock and saying goodbyes John looked like he was walking the green mile.

True he may or may not be happier living with the wildlings, I know I would. But, being forced into exile to appease the worm was a shit ending for someone who literally died protecting humanity. My bottom line for John's ending is he should have at minimum been asked where he wanted to live.

Ginger wildlings will be much better for his health in the end, and he'll have ridiculous access to hunting and fishing. If I was to ever be inserted into GOT world my happiness would be in the north too.

Knight, you explained John's situation much better than I ever could. They could have went in so many directions to tell John's story but did him zero justice.

Why not give him and Greyworm each a sword and just settle in Thunderdome style? Weak ass leadership by the Westeros 7.

There's a couple fan theory's that are interesting. One is Drogon is taking Dany to a sorcery land to be resurrected. That would make for an awkward reunion imho.

On another note Knight, my wife is soooooo into British shows now, which I am to by default. There's one show we both enjoy though, 'Victoria'. The sets, costumes and especially acting is pretty damn amazing.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5137338/

Edit: The actress playing Queen Victoria is outstanding & gorgeous to boot.

Seems there's some GOT spin offs in the works as we speak. Not continuation stories but lateral and prequel story lines. Pretty sure the writers for these new shows noted the lessons learned from season 8, so hopefully they should be pretty good.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/04/game-of-thrones-three-spin-offs-george-rr-martin/

I wouldn't watch a single one. Hollywood ruined that show.

And I just watched the new Deadwood movie. Holy mackerel was I disappointed! For a show that was so well written for 3 full seasons to have such a miserable storyline. As usual the interaction between the characters was solid. The dialogue coupled with the great performances by the actors, salvaged it from being terrible, but the movie fell prey to the same rushed, jam everything into a 100 minute movie instead of just doing a mini-season of about 4-6 episodes.

I will say this, because of his performance, again...Timothy elephant has motivated me to give Jusitfied another shot. I think I was put off by Walton Goggins character. It was a difficult transition to see him go from his role in the Shield to the role in Justified, within a season.

Speaking of Episodes: Ha anyone here watched the series Episodes on Showtime? Talk about hilarity! Joey from friends does a wonderful job in the sitcom about him being a washed up actor struggling to find regular employment after the success of Friends.

***Spoiler Alert*** I just finished watching the Deadwood movie. Given the challenge, trying to wrap up some loose ends and tell a compelling story in the space of a full length movie - I thought it was well done. My only beef - they STILL didn't resolve the George Hearst conflict. Yeah - he is in the town jail, beaten to within an inch of his life. And yes, it appears there's a witness that it was Hearst's men who killed Utter. But I was hoping he was going to get what was coming to him. I was hoping to see him with a big old bowie knife in his chest and thought they might have ol' Al send him on his way as his last good act.

Makes me wonder if they don't have plans for another 'movie' or two? I thought Al's final words were pretty true to character. I enjoyed the stroll down memory lane.

Last edited:
***Spoiler Alert*** I just finished watching the Deadwood movie. Given the challenge, trying to wrap up some loose ends and tell a compelling story in the space of a full length movie - I thought it was well done. My only beef - they STILL didn't resolve the George Hearst conflict. Yeah - he is in the town jail, beaten to within an inch of his life. And yes, it appears there's a witness that it was Hearst's men who killed Utter. But I was hoping he was going to get what was coming to him. I was hoping to see him with a big old bowie knife in his chest and thought they might have ol' Al send him on his way as his last good act.

Makes me wonder if they don't have plans for another 'movie' or two? I thought Al's final words were pretty true to character. I enjoyed the stroll down memory lane.

I think I heard something about the possibility of another 1 or 2, but that just makes it harder to accept the rush to fit all that in one 80 minute episode.

As for Hearst taking one in the chest, while taking liberties with their version story of these character's lives, there is some historical basis for Hearst, and the other characters in the show. Hearst lived to the age of 70 and I don't see killing him in the town of Deadwood would be a viable story line with the real story being available for most.

Yeah - I thought about that, although on the other hand not sure Hearst was ever shot, beaten nearly to death, jailed, or accused of murder either :). One big barrier to more Deadwood - David Milch apparently was diagnosed with Alzheimer's during production of this latest installment, so that might be more wishful thinking on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I eagerly anticipated the Deadwood movie. Sadly, I was disappointed. Proof to me that some series should be left as they were. It felt more like a high school reunion to me, where the hope for the future meets the realities of the present.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.