• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Celebrity Passings

First movie I saw the Burt in was 'Cannonball Run'. Him & Dom Deluise were a great pairing in that one.

One of the first movies I saw in the movie theatre without adult supervision.

General Frank Petersen, 83

Frank E. Petersen, first Black General in the Marines

Semper Fi, Marine. Thank you for your service.

Edit: This actually from 3 years ago. I feel victim to an old one on Facebook even though I know better. Still, an amazing guy worth honoring.

Last edited:
Football reporting lost a great one today.

Paul "Dr. Z" Zimmerman, dead at 86.

RIP Stan Lee.

That one hurts. I was kinda secretly hoping he'd live forever.

Stephen Hillenburg, creator of Spongebob, of ALS at 57. Such a horrible disease ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger the Ripped Roo.

Maybe @SkinnedAussie can provide more details

https://nypost.com/2018/12/10/roger...w&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow

6ZezkPW.jpg

His son's name is MONTY. Get it right or I'll send the spirit of Roger your way and you'll be cursed forever and a day!

Sounds like Roger was more popular in America than he was down here in Geelong, Victoria. I suppose with Alice Springs some 2200km's away, they don't mean much!

His son's name is MONTY.

Sorry about that, but of course I think I get some slack, since we have a former HC named Marty with the Skins.
And believe me, a particular Roo family is just one of many examples of particular people, animals, things, etc from Australia, being much more popular elsewhere, than back home in Australia. Americans especially, have this fascination and awe of anything Australian.

As an Aussie, a kangaroo is a kangaroo (and is edible), an emu is an emu (and also edible) and a koala is not a bear (and is not edible!) The kangaroo is actually a pest to some as it eats all the green grass shoots, leaving nothing but bare ground. Cattle farmers then are left with nowhere to feed their stock.

Penny Marshall of "Laverne and Shirley" fame, dead at 75, complications from diabetes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.