• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random NFL Thoughts

The dream is dead @Burgundy Burner

How does Sam Bradford keep milking that money?

Vikings at Eagles to open the 2018 season. Now there is some must-watch tv.

RG3 getting a third opportunity....

Watching a Football life with Czonka, Morris, and Kiick ran for 1000, 1000, and 800 respectively. They were on the same team!

Reports keep coming in that the Browns are leaning toward Baker Mayfield at the 1 slot. If that is the case, they are the same ole' Browns. I could understand taking him at #4 , only because they already had the overall #1 pick in the draft, otherwise I would not even take him with that pick...he's not worth a top 10 pick in the first place.

But to take this kid #1 overall has bust written all over it. I saw him get outplayed by a 2nd string LB when Iowa was out of options at QB.

We are talking about the Browns, though.

In fact, I think the only QB worth the hype this year is Josh Allen, and even he seems like a huge risk. I watched everyone of the QB's play except Rosen, none impressed me enough for any of these QB deficient teams to waste a 1st rounder on them.

Totally disagree. I think Mayfield will be the QB teams WISH they'd taken for the next 10 years. He's the most dynamic guy in this draft. I don't know if I can define what the 'it' factor is, but I think he's the QB who's got 'it'. I actually think taking him first will prove to be the smartest thing the Browns have done in about 20 years and that he's the perfect QB for that city.

Totally disagree. I think Mayfield will be the QB teams WISH they'd taken for the next 10 years. He's the most dynamic guy in this draft. I don't know if I can define what the 'it' factor is, but I think he's the QB who's got 'it'. I actually think taking him first will prove to be the smartest thing the Browns have done in about 20 years and that he's the perfect QB for that city.

You said the same thing about RG3.

Two biggest reaches of the draft Raiders and Seattle. Reminds of of them taking German ifeldi and the pundants saying it filled a great need. He is a back up now.
They are questioning the RB move this time
The guard the raiders took could have been had in the third most likely

Niles Paul still can't catch.

I don't care what anyone says, Aaron Rodgers is a better QB than Tom Brady! What he did last night was legendary!

I don't care what anyone says, a one legged Aaron Rodgers is a better QB than Tom Brady! What he did last night was legendary!

Edited for accuracy! ;)

After the Redskins were triumphant I did stay up a little later to watch the Packers game with Wifey.

She was quite despondent after the first half, and was more than a little concerned about Rodgers.

I was silently thinking that maybe he'd still be out for the Skins game in a few weeks. Of course I didn't say that to her as I value my life too much!
I was also watching Khalil Mack just beast the Packers.

then Rodgers came back and on one leg willed them to victory. Gotta say he's worth every cent they're paying him. Hell of a performance.

I haven't seen any reports yet today about what happened or what the injury was or whether he'll lose any time.

The Baker Mayfield era in Cleveland has begun ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddly I've watched all three Cleveland games this season, and I think the Browns are sneakily pretty good. Or at least competent.

Their Defence is a much improved unit, and watching Mayfield come in for Taylor yesterday.... the difference was profound. Mayfield looks like the real deal, he had a control over that team like he was a veteran starter. Taylor looked lost before his injury.

They tied the Steelers and came close to beating the Saints. Both games they could have won. They could very easily be 3-0 right now but for a FG or two. Makes you wonder what their record would be right now if Mayfield had started week 1

I'm not saying they're superbowl contenders, but I think their days of being the dregs of the league are behind them now. (That looks like the Bills! Gotta be a bad team if their players are retiring at Half Time!)

Happy for my friends in the CLE this morning, every time I bitch and moan about our lack of success my buddies from college remind me that "hey least your not us".

Oddly I've watched all three Cleveland games this season, and I think the Browns are sneakily pretty good. Or at least competent.

Their Defence is a much improved unit, and watching Mayfield come in for Taylor yesterday.... the difference was profound. Mayfield looks like the real deal, he had a control over that team like he was a veteran starter. Taylor looked lost before his injury.

They tied the Steelers and came close to beating the Saints. Both games they could have won. They could very easily be 3-0 right now but for a FG or two. Makes you wonder what their record would be right now if Mayfield had started week 1

I'm not saying they're superbowl contenders, but I think their days of being the dregs of the league are behind them now. (That looks like the Bills! Gotta be a bad team if their players are retiring at Half Time!)

Wait till Josh Norman retires after the third quarter of the saints game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.