• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random NFL Thoughts

Someone get @Elephant a box of tissues.

His love child Carlos Hyde just got picked up by the Jaguars :)

Someone get @Elephant a box of tissues.

His love child Carlos Hyde just got picked up by the Jaguars :)

Haha! I saw that. Smart move by the Browns, ship him off while he has value, Chubb is about to step into his own. Too bad you dumped Chubb a while back, he';s about to blow up. I just hope Canadian Bacon doesn't start him against me in the rematch!

And your boy Fournette is still hurt...Hyde will come in and start next week and rush for 300 yards!

I don't know if it was a huge mistake for the Cowboys to give up a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper - that was certainly my first response. But Cooper has single-handedly transformed their passing attack. He is all over the place for Dallas and seems virtually uncoverable. He's making Dak Prescott look like Aaron Rodgers out there at times. I still wouldn't have given them a first for him, but I will confess I sort of wish the Redskins had figured out a way to snatch him up.

It doesn't matter who the Saints throw out there at WR, Payton & Brees just keep that train rolling!

For most of the season I have seen little from the referees to make a fuss about them. Over the course of the past 2 weeks, I have seen game after game decided by the refs, not the players on the field.

Of course there was the mugging of Josh Docston to rob of us the short FG attempt to win it, then the helmet to helmet aginst Reed but that one would probably not have mattered since we couldn't convert the onside kick.

There have been many that have affected games, but I am watching the refs rob the Broncos. Not sure how the outcome will be, but in 4 plays, the RT has held onto Von Miller's jersey on 2 plays that were long completetions, then when they finally get to Ben the refs calls a ticky tack hold on the defense.

It's starting to look bad for the refs...my main gripe with today's NFL.

Did the NFL really have access to this news before the season started? And Kareem Hunt actually played a single down this season?

Also, the dude who snatched the phone from that young girl could be facing the most series charge of felony robbery.

Colt McCoy wants to return week 17. If we win Saturday, then he will most likely be back at starter which disapprove of is Johnson is able to keep us in the playoff run.

I don't see how a coach puts McCoy back in there if Johnson leads us to a win against the Titans, particularly if he is a key part of the win. Ordinarily, I think that going with Colt would be Gruden's instinct. But he might use the 'we're concerned about Colt's leg so we're going to stick with Josh' out in that scenario.

I know he didn't get much help, but Colt showed no signs of being able to elevate the offense beyond the injuries during the short time he was in there as a starter.

So how many of you think that the Pats rely heavily on the ole "hooker and ladder" play offensively next season?:yes:

Well, looks like Witten will not be back in the booth next fall, he is returning to play for the Turds.

As Skins fans, we win in 2 facets of this move, he does nothing to make the Cowboys better, and we do not have to listen to him any longer in the booth.

In all seriousness, I think this is him trying to save face, they weren't serious about his return to the booth...were they?

The Brokebacks were 'successful' without him so he is attempting to be on a 'successful' team before he eventually retires for good. Trouble is, they were unsuccessful with him so what does he expect will change?

Witten goes back to the cowboys, my tv doesn't have to go on mute anymore oh and f*** him

So one of the greatest names in sports, one Russell Wilson, is now the highest paid player in the history of the league. For a couple weeks anyway...(sigh) Way back when, while most of the B&G faithful got all hot and bothered over RG3, I clamored for Mr. Wilson - thereby definitively proving that even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again. Oh what could have been. IMHO he would've changed the arc of this franchise for much the better, no matter the coaching or skill players surrounding him. But as my Pappy among many others often said, if if's and but's were candies and nuts, every day would be Christmas.

I dunno fellas. As much of a dumpster fire as the team has been under the Dan these past 100 (?) years, I only have to look at the J-E-T-S Jets to realize dysfunction truly runs much deeper than I realize...

I dunno fellas. As much of a dumpster fire as the team has been under the Dan these past 100 (?) years, I only have to look at the J-E-T-S Jets to realize dysfunction truly runs much deeper than I realize...

While it'd be nice to take comfort in knowing we're not the worst...maybe the Jets, Bucs, and Cardinals rank in there, I have to remember the Browns are the new media darlings of the NFL. The Browns were very recently the team we'd look to for such a shot in the arm when thinking about our dismal record over the past 20 years.

5th worst isn't much better than worst...at least worth piles up better overall draft picks.

I know you guys think I'm an absolute homer - but a lot of what I post here is from the perspective of running a Redskins Fan Community and trying to hold up some kind of torch of hopefulness and potential positivity in order to keep the damn thing burning. In truth, much more so than you would guess, I'm a card carrying member of @Henry 's 'Prove it' club.

But we are not a dumpster fire of a team and we really haven't been since the Shanahan/Gruden eras.

We've generally been near, at, or above .500 during those years. We have not gone through a carousel of coaches, firing guys every 2 seasons because we didn't immediately win. We've kept the Front Office and coaching staffs mostly together. In fact, by far the biggest changes that have occurred are because our guys keep getting promoted or poached from us. We have not only kept our draft picks, but we have started making some really good picks.

There is reason to be hopeful. Had it not been for Griffin not panning out, and a couple of seasons of epic injuries, we might already have seen the tide shifting in a more positive direction. Those other teams you are wanting to compare us to haven't won their division twice during the most recent coaching stretches. Some of them couldn't recall when they last did it. It's not enough, but we have not been close to the worst team in the league in a long while. There are good signs to be seen if you are willing to look at them and set aside 20 years of snark, anger, and cynicism.

Then again, maybe I'm just saying all of that :)

While it'd be nice to take comfort in knowing we're not the worst...maybe the Jets, Bucs, and Cardinals rank in there, I have to remember the Browns are the new media darlings of the NFL. The Browns were very recently the team we'd look to for such a shot in the arm when thinking about our dismal record over the past 20 years.

5th worst isn't much better than worst...at least worth piles up better overall draft picks.

True story.

I know you guys think I'm an absolute homer - but a lot of what I post here is from the perspective of running a Redskins Fan Community and trying to hold up some kind of torch of hopefulness and potential positivity in order to keep the damn thing burning. In truth, much more so than you would guess, I'm a card carrying member of @Henry 's 'Prove it' club.

But we are not a dumpster fire of a team and we really haven't been since the Shanahan/Gruden eras.

We've generally been near, at, or above .500 during those years. We have not gone through a carousel of coaches, firing guys every 2 seasons because we didn't immediately win. We've kept the Front Office and coaching staffs mostly together. In fact, by far the biggest changes that have occurred are because our guys keep getting promoted or poached from us. We have not only kept our draft picks, but we have started making some really good picks.

There is reason to be hopeful. Had it not been for Griffin not panning out, and a couple of seasons of epic injuries, we might already have seen the tide shifting in a more positive direction. Those other teams you are wanting to compare us to haven't won their division twice during the most recent coaching stretches. Some of them couldn't recall when they last did it. It's not enough, but we have not been close to the worst team in the league in a long while. There are good signs to be seen if you are willing to look at them and set aside 20 years of snark, anger, and cynicism.

Then again, maybe I'm just saying all of that :)

Well, dang. Threaten me with logic...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.