• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random NFL Thoughts

I think that misses the point Brian. I generally agree with you, but I think the issue lies in the fact that what's acceptable and what's not is ill-defined and inconsistently applied.

Seriously - what's the difference between what Almo has done for 5 years after a TD vs this? I'll tell you the difference - one was penalized and the other never has been. The 'rules' are clear as mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another take. tl;dr version - stop broadcasting on every freaking night of the week - we like planning our Sundays around football, but not Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays.
Still, even within that it’s-all-gravy context, what’s happened to the NFL’s ratings in 2016 has been stunning. The Wall Street Journal once dubbed the NFL “The League That Runs TV” — and executives enjoyed that label so much that there are framed copies of the print version in offices around the league. In the fall of 2014, 28 of the top 30 programs on television were NFL games. During the entire 2015 season, the NFL owned the top 25 programs and 46 of the top 50. For years, when the NFL was on, it was virtually the only thing Americans watched en masse.
Now? Sunday night’s Colts-Texans game drew just 12.9 million viewers, a 38 percent drop from last year’s Week 6 Sunday night contest between the Patriots and Colts and a low enough mark to make it the least-watched Sunday Night Football game since 2011. But this isn’t a one-off concern; it’s becoming commonplace.

https://theringer.com/nfl-tv-ratings-crisis-81fd9dbd53a#.qirvqcl64

I pretty much agree with every single word of that article.

I have a confession to make. I don't think I've yet watched a game in it's entirety this season. At least not live. I did go back and watch the Giant game on NFL replay, but I'm usually in and out while my son watches the game and gives me updates. Goodell continues to drag the league into The Abyss and every year it gets worse.

People here have been saying for a while that there doesn't need to be football on Thursdays all season long - and for good reason it appears.

I thought the Ray Rice debacle was going to really hurt the league - that was a disaster. I suspect that all of this is having a cumulative effect that is hard to attribute to one solitary reason. And as the article says, it's not like the NFL is going away anytime soon or anything crazy. But they aren't going to reach those goals Roger set for them - largely because of his own stupidity, imo.

I think that misses the point Brian. I generally agree with you, but I think the issue lies in the fact that what's acceptable and what's not is ill-defined and inconsistently applied.

Seriously - what's the difference between what Almo has done for 5 years after a TD vs this? I'll tell you the difference - one was penalized and the other never has been. The 'rules' are clear as mud.

Not really big on any celebration in the EZ...it's not what I was taught, it's unsportsmanlike.

I pretty much agree with every single word of that article.

I have a confession to make. I don't think I've yet watched a game in it's entirety this season. At least not live. I did go back and watch the Giant game on NFL replay, but I'm usually in and out while my son watches the game and gives me updates. Goodell continues to drag the league into The Abyss and every year it gets worse.

For me it was the Detroit loss to the Cowboys in the 14 playoffs. That game was so obviously steered toward a Cowboys win, it made me nauseous. The amount of blatant oversight was rather disgusting. I did not watch another game that year, not even the Super Bowl, 2nd out of the previous 4 years I did not watch.

As I attend more games, if I am not in the section I usually sit in, it's no longer any fun. At least in that section, if someone gets out of hand, we come together to either shoot them down or get them booted if it goes that far, Redskins or opposing teams' fans. At least there we're like a little family.

And it's getting pretty bad on social media, fans so blinded by their homerism, you cannot have respectful, intelligent discourse.

I have been guilty of all that I have claimed above, that irks me. But I just got tired of investing so much into something that gives such little return. I made the mistake of engaging a Cowboys fan recently...won't do that again, until their demise of course. I live in the Baltimore market and while the Ravens are one of the better run organizations in the NFL, but man their fans are some of the most ignorant. Kinda like when I lived in St Louis.

I am finding myself enjoying baseball more than the NFL.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/789217304189992960

Giants owner John Mara on Josh Brown: "He admitted to us he'd abused his wife in the past. What's a little unclear is the extent of that."

https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/789217036052209664

Giants owner John Mara admits he knew NFL Security had to intervene to protect Josh Brown's wife from him at the Pro Bowl hotel. Wow.

YOU KNEW JOHN MARA WAS SCUM YOU KNEW JOHN MARA WAS SCUM YOU KNEW JOHN MARA WAS SCUM

At some point I can no longer support the Redskins enough to justify watching any NFL games anymore. The Seahags are the dirtiest ****ing team out there and get away with so much shit.

I decided to watch my 1st Sunday Night game this year, tonight because I've been stuck in my office getting work done. I keep thinking to myself that at some point the NFL will recognize that the Seahagsdefenders twist the ankles, feet, any body part they can after the play. Collinsworthless talked about it during the game like it's a tactic practiced to induce the player surrenders the play or his body part. But they carry it well after the play, almost every tackle.

Here I am all worked up because of something I really don't give 2 shits about.

Henry, can you help me?

Thought this was harsh yet funny

IMG_2384.jpg

Knock knock

Who's there?

Owen!

Owen who?

Owen Six.

Old joke that was used to describe an Aussie Rules team more than 20 years ago.

I hope that all the Bengals and Redskins players are watching the Rugby League. NZ v England. All the big hits and not one case of concussion. Rugby League players know how to tackle without the use of a weapon!

Anybody know why a healthy Newton was benched for the first series against the Hawks.
Cost them dearly.

Now they're saying dress code violation.

Yes, dress code violation. And Derek Anderson threw a pick on the first play of the game.

LOLOLOL

If I'm Cam, I'm violating every team rule in the book at this point, just to **** with them. :)

Is there an irony in having a dress code violation on 'My Cleats My Cause' day??

Yes, but what's crazy is it wasn't even an in-game uniform violation, like I originally thought.
It's all because he did not wear a tie on the team flight to San Diego.
Sounds like a joke, but it's true.

So the was Cam Newtons "I Fly, No Tie" week?

;)

How do Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams have jobs? They have to be the two worst coaches in the league. It's insane lol.

How do Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams have jobs? They have to be the two worst coaches in the league. It's insane lol.

Looks like the Rams got the worse end of the RG3 deal. At least we got one whirlwind run to the playoffs...the Rams? They suck!

Speaking of RG3...he started for Cleveland today. 12-28 for 104 yards. He did run for 37 yards, so there's that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.