• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Season Predictions

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
It's early. Very early. It's only June. But there's not a ton of news out right now, so let's get it going.

This is the annual "make your predictions about the season" thread.

It can be anything from the team record to individual performances. Whatever you feel strongly about.

I'll start with one:

Kirk Cousins throws for over 4,600 yards this season. 4,612 sounds about right.

I'm not sure about the W-L record just yet, but we should have 1-2 receivers open on every passing play. And that should equate to some big numbers for the QB.

I think we should go 5-1 against the division. Let's say 4-2 because there's always that One Game (Dallas last year, for example). The Browns, Ravens, Lions and Bears should be wins. Let's say we lose one of those and win one of the other ones.

That's 8-8.

Of course, that would have us off to a really good start (like 6-1 good) and a really bad finish. I'm not sure that would make for a happy offseason.

So let's hope I'm wrong. :)

I would not be a bit surprised with 10 wins...unfortunately, it would not surprise me if we ended up with only 6 wins. One thing I can be sure of, I am non-committal.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the team be better, but have a similar record to last season... which should still be enough to win the Division... ;)

Nick

Spinning my wheel again and I still come up with..........10-6

That stinkin' 3pt Dallas home loss last season is still irritating my unowhats....

11-5 (We stumble upon a running game. Gruden actually figures out what it's for ;) )
Once in the playoffs, anything can happen.

Defense cracks top 15

For McD - Gruden cures cancer. Ends world hunger. And brings 1,000 years of peace to Middle East. All while carrying the new Lombardi.

For tr1 - Dan Snyder admits to sponsoring world terrorism. Asks to be flogged with a barbed wire whip, and then put to death. tr wins the raffle to be the executioner.
Still finds something to bitch about. :)

For El - After his garden becomes infested with root maggots, he renames it, RGIII, and spends an entire weekend with a weed whacker cutting it up and burning it. With a big ole shit eatin' grin on his face. :)

For fansince - Phone home.

14 and 4.... 13 / 3 regular season, win one in the playoff's, and lose the championship game....:kick_can:

Miles, that would be incredible. I would go nuts for that.

How about predictions besides our W-L record for everyone here.

Which WR has the most yards this season?

Does Junior Galette stay healthy and become an absolute beast or not?

Does Keith Marshall, our 7th round RB draft pick with the 4.29 speed at 220 pounds make the team?

Jordan Reed has the most receiving yards. Cousins still has difficulty with his completion percentage for passes >20 yards through the air. Doctson shows flashes but can't stay healthy and is in and out of the lineup.

The running game will still be mediocre as Gruden just doesn't understand it, other than he needs to occasionally run the ball so the defense doesn't tee off against the pass every down. Yards per attempt increases to 3.9, but is still middle of the pack.

The defense improves slightly (but not as much as we would like) thanks to improved secondary play. The defensive line is still bottom tier of the league. Su'a Cravens shows that he has the "it" factor, but is a year away from fully understanding everything and becoming dominant.

Cousins shows improved understanding of the offense and distributing the ball, yet defenses now have film on him so overall it's a wash and he has a good season, but not a Pro Bowl one (3,442 yards, 27 TDs, 9 INTs).

Overall record, the same 9-7. May earn a wildcard, but not good enough to win the division.

7-9. Tough schedule. But this is the season when the winning foundation is established for future years.

It all comes down to injuries. If Romo, Bryant and the gang in Dallas stay healthy they are the favorite to win the division.

The Redskins to me have the second best roster in the division with the Giants at #3 and the Eagles at #4.

The Giants went 'all in' in free agency to try and put together a defense to give Eli one more shot at age 34 before the rebuild starts in earnest.

The interesting stat is that New York spend $175M on Vernon, Harrison, Jenkins etc. and NONE of those players made the pro bowl last year.

Sounds like Snyder days in DC circa 2003.

The Redskins spent less in free agency and came up with Josh Norman, who was named to the all-pro team, indicating he was ranked as one of the top 4 corners in the league in 2015.

That's in addition to newcomers Kendall Fuller, Greg Toler, etc.

The depth at DB, one of the principal weaknesses in 2015, has clearly been enhanced.

Up front I like the addition of Junior Galette on the pass rush, although to succeed I think Stephen Paea has to become the player the Redskins signed away from Chicago, the one with 6.5 sacks who was solid against the run.

A RB not currently on the team will lead us in rushing yards.

DJax leads the team in receiving yards, but Doctson leads the team in catches.

Preston Smith will lead the team in sacks.

Cousins has a solid year, but not quite as good as 2015.

Defense finishes inside the top 15, but not quite top 10.

Team finishes 9-7

8-8 ish. Still think we need talent infusion, particularly on the lines. Gonna be interesting to be sure.

7-9. Tough schedule. But this is the season when the winning foundation is established for future years.

Team finishes 9-7

8-8 ish. Still think we need talent infusion, particularly on the lines.

That's 8-8.

Overall record, the same 9-7. May earn a wildcard

Team stayed true and virtually identical to almost all the predictions.
So, why all the disappointment ?

Team stayed true and virtually identical to almost all the predictions.
So, why all the disappointment ?

Mainly the the ones that picked higher are the ones that are throwing the bigger fits. I knew we overachieved in a generally weak division and conference last year. I think a lot of people forget the other team gets paid also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.