• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Thoughts

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
We can't let this thread disappear altogether. So...

Woke up just a few minutes ago (5am). Old habits. I could sleep to seven or so. PT today is not until 8 and I have a few errands to do today.

Perhaps one day I will learn the art of sleeping in a bit, but that would feel lazy.

Golf is a harsh mistress. Any time you start to think you're figuring her out, she throws a few doubles--and maybe an "other" or two--your way, just so you don't forget who really is in charge.

Golf gives me another reason to drink, because it numbs the pain of hitting a great drive, screwing the approach royally and then 3 putting

Golf gives me another reason to drink, because it numbs the pain of hitting a great drive, screwing the approach royally and then 3 putting

Sounds like my game.

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Your hands can't hit what your eyes can't see!"

RIP ~ Muhammad Ali

Growing up with him on TV in his prime, you just had to love Ali. Above all things, he was his own man. He set out to do great things, and then did them. And lived with humility, humor, and generosity. Cassius Clay lived a hell of a life.

image.jpeg

Does it ever seem to anyone else that you can't ever have all facets of your life go right at the same time? Work is going well, taking our vacation on Monday, but my brother and I are in the middle of a huge fight and it's eating me up.

I suppose it would be too boring if EVERYTHING was clicking on all cylindars.

Does it ever seem to anyone else that you can't ever have all facets of your life go right at the same time? Work is going well, taking our vacation on Monday, but my brother and I are in the middle of a huge fight and it's eating me up.

I suppose it would be too boring if EVERYTHING was clicking on all cylindars.

I always fear the worst when all cylinders are hitting...just a matter of time, rigbt?

Tomorrow I get to meet my cousin for the first time. She did not meet my uncle for the first time until about 5 years ago. I did not know anything until my uncle passed and she reached out. We're both in our mid 40s.

We just had a Chopped Challenge at work (I am at the corporate offices for the week), but the Sales dept couldn't get our acts together and plan anything ahead of time. Lunch at noon, everyone else prepared their dishes the night before, and at 10:30 I realized we didn't have anything in place.

My ingredients were Bone-in chicken breasts, spinach, goldfish crackers and ... wait for it... gummy bears. And I had three microwaves and a rotissiere to cook with.

Ours was an edible casserole, and the chicken was all cooked through so that was good. Not my finest moment as a cook, but given that I had limited kitchen supplies and appliances and 90 minutes, I think I did allright.

We just had a Chopped Challenge at work (I am at the corporate offices for the week), but the Sales dept couldn't get our acts together and plan anything ahead of time. Lunch at noon, everyone else prepared their dishes the night before, and at 10:30 I realized we didn't have anything in place.

My ingredients were Bone-in chicken breasts, spinach, goldfish crackers and ... wait for it... gummy bears. And I had three microwaves and a rotissiere to cook with.

Ours was an edible casserole, and the chicken was all cooked through so that was good. Not my finest moment as a cook, but given that I had limited kitchen supplies and appliances and 90 minutes, I think I did allright.

Haha! That's subjective, you know.

Always been slightly interested in astronomy and telescopes, especially since my grandfather used to build them. Finally got one a few weeks ago and snapped these pictures with my cell phone. Can't wait to get the DSLR mount. Looking at these just reminds me of what a small place we live in.

This is no space station
2016-06-11 21.28.10.jpg

Jupiter with four of it's moons.
2016-06-11 21.46.21.jpg

About time these Penguins put away the Sharks.

NOT a jab to any cap fans btw.

Enjoy it man. That being said, **** off :)

Always been slightly interested in astronomy and telescopes, especially since my grandfather used to build them. Finally got one a few weeks ago and snapped these pictures with my cell phone. Can't wait to get the DSLR mount. Looking at these just reminds me of what a small place we live in.

This is no space station
View attachment 3175

Jupiter with four of it's moons.
View attachment 3176

Dixie,
I can't express how cool I think that is. I have wanted to do something similar since I was a little kid, but I need a mentor. Maybe when I buy my retirement property out in the sticks :)

Dixie,
I can't express how cool I think that is. I have wanted to do something similar since I was a little kid, but I need a mentor. Maybe when I buy my retirement property out in the sticks :)

Yeah, I think it's tremendously cool too. Can't wait to play around more. I got the DSLR mount today, but my first attempts haven't been as good because I have to shoot in manual mode and don't have the right exposure. Didn't have a lot of time to fool with it, but here's one that's 'ok'. It was still blue sky when I took it so my exposure wasn't as far off.

Moon - first shot.jpg

Man in the moon if ever I saw one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think it's tremendously cool too. Can't wait to play around more. I got the DSLR mount today, but my first attempts haven't been as good because I have to shoot in manual mode and don't have the right exposure. Didn't have a lot of time to fool with it, but here's one that's 'ok'. It was still blue sky when I took it so my exposure wasn't as far off.

View attachment 3177

Just keep fooling around with it, you'll get there. I would also suggest some image editing software, I use Lightroom. That will help balance the exposure to your liking when not shot correctly.

Just keep fooling around with it, you'll get there. I would also suggest some image editing software, I use Lightroom. That will help balance the exposure to your liking when not shot correctly.

Thanks, E. I'll definitely play around with that at some point. I do have Lightroom, so I'll check into that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.