• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Thoughts

It's all good I get it. Though you may have broken Chris's heart.

Last edited:
Nah. I'm just impressed with her curling skills.

I have never tried that sport out, looks kinda fun actually. More of the one pushing the stone more than running the lane with a broom.

For those of you who missed it the US women's hockey team played an outstanding game against Canadia last night. Well earned gold for our ladies.

Where's the energy, ideas, and enthusiasm around here? How's that for a random thought?

Someone needs to go streaking through here. Not sure it would get everyone excited, but it's worth a shot.

Someone needs to go streaking through here. Not sure it would get everyone excited, but it's worth a shot.

Been there. Done that. Last time was on the Lawn at UVa. Fraternity brothers dropped up there, made us disrobe, then left us to fend for ourselves. It was a chilly 2 miles back to the old Beta house.

You see, this is why my parents made me live in Orange with my aunt and uncle. I missed out on a lot of good things.

Congratulations @Boone, on your UVa Cavaliers winning the ACC! Been a while since Ralph Sampson did it for ya, huh?

We've had some previous good years under Tony Bennett, but nothing like this. I really enjoyed watching them add an ACC tournament championship to their ACC regular season title. Nothing short of a National Championship this year will be enough. I think we're unquestionably the best overall team in the country - we just have to continue proving it. Btw - Ralph Sampson was in my year group.

We've had some previous good years under Tony Bennett, but nothing like this. I really enjoyed watching them add an ACC tournament championship to their ACC regular season title. Nothing short of a National Championship this year will be enough. I think we're unquestionably the best overall team in the country - we just have to continue proving it. Btw - Ralph Sampson was in my year group.
Being a Virginian born guy, I love to see history but hate it was Virginia that was the first #1 seed to lose in first round. I didn't think they'd win it all with their style and losing their 6th man, but thought they'd get to sweet 16 at very least

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Condolences, Boone. While not a big basketball fan, I was rooting for your team. Of all my Maryland teams, this is the one I do not like, a bunch of obnoxious fans so I can't stand UMBC.

Condolences to the UVA fans but every team should take a lesson from the the guy running UMBC's twitter feed last night.

I have no problem with UMBC - unbelievable performance (and even that's an understatement). UVa, if I'm being honest, was probably ripe for the picking. Coming off near total dominance - they literally were a few baskets away from having an undefeated 2017 season - had already accomplished so much. That's an incredible accomplishment for any team, much less one playing an ACC basketball schedule. Playing so strong and pretty soundly winning the ACC tournament on top of that - there's no way not to come into an NCAA game against a 16 seed without some overconfidence. They were primed to come out flat. UVa, even in this amazing season, generally started slow. They did that again and as someone most insightfully said, they made the biggest mistake any top team can do, they let the inferior team start to 'believe'. UMBC 'out-UVa-ed' UVa last night. They played suffocating defense, their ball movement had UVa on their heels all night, and they couldn't miss a 3 point bucket all night long. Ty Jerome and Kyle Guy had career-bad nights. To be fair, I don't think any team beats UMBC last night - they played a perfect game and had an air of destiny about them.

I'll say this. There are a lot of pricks out there on social media. It's one thing to celebrate an amazing upset. But some of the crap I saw posted, bashing the UVa fanbase, mocking the Hoos team that broke every ACC record this year and dominated NCAA basketball all season long - I just found it classless and totally over the line. UVa and it's sports programs are second to none in terms of class, high standards, integrity, and success of its athletes. I can take a bunch of assholes mocking my beloved team on Twitter and other social media sites. But the UVa players, who obviously were heartbroken, deserved a lot more respect than what they got.

Reveling in someone else's failure or pain seems to be the way of things today, in social media and the real world. Misery loves it some company.

Reveling in someone else's failure or pain seems to be the way of things today, in social media and the real world. Misery loves it some company.

Ain't that the truth. There is only one exception...watching Jason Garrett befuddled on the sidelines.

Called my daughter a while ago and she knew it was my number, then answers - "City sperm bank, you spank it and we bank it".

She didn't learn this from me, I assure you. April 1st is coming my lovely. Time to start plotting.

38B677EA-FAE5-4A4A-8D58-F026BB003710.jpeg

Yeah this would be me....I may or may not have a problem though.

Pittsburgh Penguins advance to the 2nd round! I've got 2 seats left on the free agent bandwagon. Who's with me!??!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.