• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Thoughts

Didn't know where to put this little bit of info, so I'll just drop it here.

I feel as if something of an explanation is needed for abandoning the BBQ blog until after the new year. At the time I said that life was coming at me a bit hard, but it has a lot to do with the holidays. Back in late summer of 2016 the family decided to have a larger gathering for Christmas 2017. My daughter/granddaughters arrive this Friday (son in law next week). An uncle and aunt arrive on Saturday. Everyone else starts arriving nearly each day next week. We have family coming from Mississippi, Texas, California, Virginia, Washington state, and Minnesota. My place and my folks place will be jammed pack.

The food poisoning incident a couple of months ago threw me off a bit and then the nearly two week serious illness with my cat completely exasperated me. Suddenly my schedule(s) was/were infuriatingly askew and everything became a somewhat organized chaos. Since family wanted to make this a grand affair, especially with gifts and all the fanfare, it became insanity for me. I have finally finished wrapping all the gifts for everyone and realized I had 71 gifts wrapped. In other words, I'm never doing this again. It will be great to have so much family here, but this is the last such large gathering as many of us are not getting younger.

I have been keeping up somewhat with draft prospects and pending free agents, but that will kick into high gear in early January. I won't apologize for leaving the BBQ blog hanging for the remainder of the season, but I do hate it for those who read it each week. I have made many new contacts on twitter over the last year - media members, draft experts, and various pundits. So I'll make it up to everyone here in the coming weeks.

I'm very excited for the holidays. I'll also feel a sense of relief (and some sadness) when it is over. Thanks for understanding.

Why is it every time I have to come up to Ga for training, the forecast changes, and they have a snow event.... Wouldn't mind if I had some real winter gear with me.

Come on up to NC - I'll put you up :)

FYI...

I wasn't sure where to put this news, but it will go here.

Haphaszard, the longtime Redskins newshound at ES, passed away last night. He and I forged a good friendship across two sites and often exchanged information via twitter. He was loved by so many for his efforts and especially for being a good friend to many.

We were going to meet last summer in middle Tennessee for the eclipse, but the traffic kept us about an hour apart. At least we got to see the eclipse together in a manner of speaking.

We talked on twitter often, including last week. I'm going to miss him.

Sorry to hear this. I'm not sure if I ever met him in person over the years, but Hap was always a great contributor on ES and clearly a great guy. RIP and best wishes to his family and loved ones <3

RIP to one of the best. Maybe now we will have an angel looking over the team.

I met Hap at the Tampa vs Skins game in 2012, great fun guy, made an awesome pumpkin pie moonshine, I wanted to make it up to his restaurant in St.Augustine but never did, wished I had. RIP

Did you know that you can *tag* other members in a post just by adding an '@' in front of their name? The member will be notified that they were mentioned. It's a handy way to make sure a post you direct at someone doesn't go unnoticed :)

Tried starting a thread, stupid ass iPhone said nah

Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried starting up the Olympic Hottie thread again, but the next time I logged on it was gone like a Cousins

Had it labeled, typed up and threw the first pics in too.

Last edited:
I deleted it. I posted why and left it up for a bit so thought you'd have seen it. We've been blacklisted by Google for those types of pics and aren't going through that again. Most of the pics that got us blacklisted were cheerleader pics - Google is out of control. Anyway, sorry, but not worth it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah missed the explanation. So would pics work under a different search engine?

It's not about how you find the pictures - all of the major search engines crawl websites with bots continuously. If you have any kind of borderline content the risk of getting flagged as a malicious site and flagged is very high. That's why we can't allow even photos of scantily clad cheerleaders on the site, regardless of how *ahem* proud we may be of their magnificence. Sorry!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.