• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2016 NFL Draft Report Card Report

BGO

The annual FO tradition returns for the 13th straight draft! The Jaguars repeat as the champions of April, while nobody is impressed with Carolina's draft weekend decisions.
read more

More...

Redskins - tied for 4th best draft. Hard to get used to this phenomenon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bad too considering we were picking at #21 in each round and not in the top 10-12 picks as we had been doing for many years where we came up snake eyes.

I love seeing Carolina near the bottom too.

Interesting that practically every "draft grade" by practically every "expert" is based on how well the grader thinks the team addressed perceived team needs ... rather than BPA.

Interesting that practically every "draft grade" by practically every "expert" is based on how well the grader thinks the team addressed perceived team needs ... rather than BPA.

I noticed that as well. Last year I felt like we went need more than BPA, in contrast to what McL preached before the draft. This year I felt it was more in line with his overarching BPA/Character/Fit philosophy. Need is always a factor, but it seems clear to me that if there isn't a long term solution at a particular pick, even if we have a strong need, he's willing to pass and continue to build towards the future. It is such a completely different approach than the knee jerk approach we'd had for decades, that it feels odd.

Interesting point. Happens like that every year too seems. The NFL people talk about BPA and the media talks about need. One of these two is missing the mark...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE seeing great grades for my team, but just as we were all quick to point out that draft grades this early are meaningless when we got graded down, we should keep that in mind here as well. Too soon to know.

I like the overall philosophy that Scot showed last week, but the results will have 3+ years to speak for themselves.

Sadly, right now is the exact time we should be grading Vinny and Bruce's drafts, but... I don't want to.

2008 was probably the worst draft in team history. I can't remember the last time a team had THREE second round picks and they were all busts.

Vinny was one in a million.

A 12 year old with a $20 draft guide could have done a better job.

All I know is NOTHING can top that 2008 draft am I right?!??

All pro's Thomas, Davis, Comb, Rinehart, Tryone, Brooks, Moore, Colt 44, Rob Jackson & Horton were that year! That shit was epic

All I know is NOTHING can top that 2008 draft am I right?!??

All pro's Thomas, Davis, Comb, Rinehart, Tryone, Brooks, Moore, Colt 44, Rob Jackson & Horton were that year! That shit was epic

Funny thing was Horton looked really good... for like two games. Out of the league four years later.

Nick

mock drafts and grading drafts are for fans who like to get in there and analyze everything. Personally, I like to see tape, watch them at camp, and then during the season to judge our drafts.

Last years draft...nailed it. Between Scherff, Smith, and Crowder we nailed it. But that is only because I saw how they panned out.

This Cravens kid could very well be the answer we've been looking for since Sean. He is saying all the right things. But, he could end up being more like LaRoid.

Agree times a zillion. I begin looking at tape/vids starting every mid October and continue until the eve of the draft. It's still not perfect, but knowing what you see makes the mocks a lot better. Scouting reports are fine, but let me see the goods.

You have a knack for doing that...and you are good at it. I'd end up screaming about someone's mama if I did that

It's not easy at first, but once the routine is established each season it gets better. By mid February to the draft I typically rise at 5am on Saturdays and go well into the evening - with breaks. I treat it like a job and love that it keeps me occupied.

McD5 thinks that I should do this close to full time with one of the Redskins services out there and get paid for it. My loyalties are here. Getting any kind of work at home is what I would like and could do - with permission. Maybe it is an option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.